Author Topic: Tire Pressure Monitor, Gone??  (Read 4638 times)

Offline chap

Tire Pressure Monitor, Gone??
« on: April 27, 2013, 02:01:13 PM »
I am just waking up my 2010 Concours ABS from it's winter sleep. The TPS has vanished from the menus. It is not even in the setup pages, just a blank line. Some things I have done are: I took the wheels off and took them to the dealer to install new PR3's, they are now reinstalled. The battery was out of the bike and on a tender for the winter. I also have installed the Canyon Cages, and replaced the Air Filter so the Left Fairing was off. Any Ideas on how to recover the TPS system. Thanks
2010 Concours ABS = Blue
2003 Concours - Red (sold)

Offline chap

Re: Tire Pressure Monitor, Gone??
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 02:21:39 PM »
Never Mind!!. Scanned the service manual. It seems that the Tire Pressure Sensor Lines are missing on the screen for aprox 3 mins. Once the battery is installed the key has to be on for 3 mins (I ran the engine) to re-display TPS. Go Figure. Now all is OK again. Handy hint never the less.
2010 Concours ABS = Blue
2003 Concours - Red (sold)

Offline BlkBird

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 06:15:34 PM »
Good to know anyhow...... better you found out than me.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 07:03:19 PM »
Who reads the service manual?     ;) ;)
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 08:30:24 AM »
I do.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 11:41:40 AM »
I do.

Me too- that is why I bought it.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 12:56:01 PM »
Rear senor is 100% dead, and the front is getting close......I am almost a happy boy.  ;D
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 04:07:31 PM »
Ah, another example of KiPass tweaking a C-14 owner's nose.

;D ;D

Not too far from where I grew up, at one time there were a lot of French speaking people living in a local town. (French Canadians originally) They concocted a mix of English and French but while the locals did fine overall in English, there was an odd cadence when they spoke, and they had a very odd way of putting the noun at the end of the sentence which is how French works (I do not speak the language). So there are some decidedly odd, and usually hysterical, quirks heard around those at least back in the olden days. One of my favorites was:

"I looked in the top drawer of my dresser and there is was.... Gone!"  So maybe the TPS display has a bit of French in it from the manufacturer (LDL) and tends to disappear right out of the LCD screen.

Other favorites: "Welcome to Woonsocket, drive slowly your car."

"Hey kid, next time you cut true (there is no 'H' in through) my yard, you go 'round!"

Brian

Never Mind!!. Scanned the service manual. It seems that the Tire Pressure Sensor Lines are missing on the screen for aprox 3 mins. Once the battery is installed the key has to be on for 3 mins (I ran the engine) to re-display TPS. Go Figure. Now all is OK again. Handy hint never the less.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 06:07:31 PM »
Other favorites: "Welcome to Woonsocket, drive slowly your car."

That is just Yoda-speak! http://www.yodaspeak.co.uk/index.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoda_speak
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 03:43:42 AM »
A wise Jedi, Yoda he is.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 10:07:14 AM »
You don't need no stinking sensors.........

2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey