Author Topic: Ohio riders Epic ride.  (Read 9588 times)

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
Re: Ohio riders Epic ride.
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2013, 11:01:36 AM »

http://www.stromtrooper.com/events/117953-big-bs-labor-day-weekend-rally-2013-a.html

Awesome.

I will be staying in Lancaster at the SO's place and rendevousing at Milersport each day. Sounds like a winner.

Looking forward to meeting many new folks
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2013, 12:09:33 PM »
Awesome.

I will be staying in Lancaster at the SO's place and rendevousing at Milersport each day. Sounds like a winner.

Looking forward to meeting many new folks

Good deal, and you might very well not be the only Connie rider there.  8)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2013, 08:13:24 PM »
Great Ride/ great weekend Brian. Well Done.

Really good riders sharing the route you planned. A pleasure to ride with that many riders with good skills. 2 up on the Connie with all you guys on the  ADV bikes was quite the challegne through the Hocking Hills and twisties of South East Ohio. Nice rifing off the back and relying on the speed and acceleration to make up what we lost in the corners. I am glad I took the bags off for the first time ever. Needed every bit of handling help through there.

Laurie and I noted that Tom and Sandy rode in the middle of the group on Saturday .....on Sunday they literally ate up Ohio 93 heading South to Ashland KY, we rarely saw the bottom side of 70 mph. In 50 or 60 timers on that road I have always found slower traffic. For some reason we had clear sailing from Jackson OH clear to Rock Hill...nary a car.....could have used a break for a minute as Tom was burning the glass smooth freshly laid pavement .....arguably 93 has become one of the best cycling roads in the State of OHIO.

thanks for the weekend and the hospitality. We will be back.

2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2013, 02:55:51 PM »
Great Ride/ great weekend Brian. Well Done.

Really good riders sharing the route you planned. A pleasure to ride with that many riders with good skills. 2 up on the Connie with all you guys on the  ADV bikes was quite the challegne through the Hocking Hills and twisties of South East Ohio. Nice rifing off the back and relying on the speed and acceleration to make up what we lost in the corners. I am glad I took the bags off for the first time ever. Needed every bit of handling help through there.

Laurie and I noted that Tom and Sandy rode in the middle of the group on Saturday .....on Sunday they literally ate up Ohio 93 heading South to Ashland KY, we rarely saw the bottom side of 70 mph. In 50 or 60 timers on that road I have always found slower traffic. For some reason we had clear sailing from Jackson OH clear to Rock Hill...nary a car.....could have used a break for a minute as Tom was burning the glass smooth freshly laid pavement .....arguably 93 has become one of the best cycling roads in the State of OHIO.

thanks for the weekend and the hospitality. We will be back.

So glad you came, rode with us and spent some quality time with us. Awesome to meet you both, no doubt I will be hosting this for years to come! Lets go ride together some more, we have more exploring to do! :thumbs:
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2014, 08:38:55 PM »
Pokey

more info on this weekend for 2014

Gotta get Concours KZ and other locals to stop out on Saturday.

2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2014, 09:17:17 PM »
Pokey

more info on this weekend for 2014

Gotta get Concours KZ and other locals to stop out on Saturday.

Had to cancel my Labor Day rally "obviously", so the new date for the get together is now the weekend of the 20th. Folks are coming in on Friday "several at least" and then we ride all day Saturday, and possibly some on Sunday. Hope you can join us this year, shoot me a PM if you need more info.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2014, 09:35:31 PM »
sounds good. I am going to see about getting over there Friday as usual and getting a good ride in on Saturday. I will hit you with a PM once I get the weekend freed up. Hopefully some of the other Concours riders in the area will come down. As always, looking forward to SEO and thanks to you for hosting.

You ever look at Big Muskie Drive as part of the ride? Found it when the road south to McConnelsville was closed and needed a way to get down to 83 a couple of weeks back.
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt