Author Topic: Notice anything ??  (Read 6386 times)

Offline bob14

• go forth and meet the shadowy future without fear
Notice anything ??
« on: May 15, 2011, 06:22:48 AM »
Saw this on the COG forum
Notice anything  :o
Actually I noticed but having some high ABV beer last night had to go to the garage to confirm.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-KAWASAKI-CONCOURS-14-ABS-/220776464958

:loco: :loco: :loco:

Question: will they fit  ??? and has anybody done this  ???

2008 C14
COG 8211
AMA 848986
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.

Offline Conrad

Re: Notice anything ??
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 06:49:54 AM »
Yeah, I saw that. Funny and I guess they do fit that way.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 07:00:42 AM »
Actually I noticed but having some high ABV beer last night had to go to the garage to confirm.

[Luggage on backwards] Well, I did start to do that by accident once- they *do* fit on the top, of course there is no bottom that way.  It does seem like a stupid oversight by Kawasaki.  They should have designed one blade to be wider or thicker so it would be "polarized".
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 08:30:36 AM »
Wouldn't they flap around some without the bottom engaged?

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 08:42:41 AM »
 :yikes:  Wow, that's funny, maybe they thought the cut-out indention section in that middle pic was for the passengers legs...  :loco: :rotflmao:

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 09:05:27 AM »
A muffler company did that way back in '07 or '08 and published a photo of a C-14 in that condition as an add for their exhaust system. That was our first indication that the bags even could be put on backwards and the firm that did it (can't remember which one) caught a fair amount of ridicule.

So much of life is really just a series of little I.Q. tests....  :D

Brian

:loco: :loco: :loco:

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 09:45:04 AM »
A muffler company did that way back in '07 or '08 and published a photo of a C-14 in that condition as an add for their exhaust system. That was our first indication that the bags even could be put on backwards and the firm that did it (can't remember which one) caught a fair amount of ridicule.

So much of life is really just a series of little I.Q. tests....  :D

Brian

I remember that Brian, it was Muzzys. Great exhausts, but don't let them put your bags on...  ;)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 11:50:04 AM »
Yep, it was Muzzy's. And they more than paid the price as I remember.  ;)

Then again it allowed me to use one of my very favorite expressions: "No, no, your other left."

ROFLMAO

Brian

I remember that Brian, it was Muzzys. Great exhausts, but don't let them put your bags on...  ;)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline CADMAN97

• 2010 C14 ABS
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 11:52:25 AM »
Prob best he is selling it, i don't think id ever confuse which side the bags go on. Yes I have taken both bags on and off b4.
1998 Honda Magna--->Sold | 2003 Yamaha FZ1--->Sold | 2003 Honda VFR800--->Sold | 2010 Honda VFR1200--->Sold | Kawasaki C14--->SOLD | 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000--->Current | 2014 Yamaha FJR 1300ES--->Current

Offline Mi 14

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 01:05:14 PM »
My latch assemblies look exactly like the photo's, only my bags are on correctly.The dealer put them in backwards when they did the recall.

Yeaaaaaah, my first post! Again.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 01:52:04 PM »
My latch assemblies look exactly like the photo's, only my bags are on correctly.The dealer put them in backwards when they did the recall.

Yeaaaaaah, my first post! Again.

if your latches look the same as those.....joke's on YOU, your dealer put the latches on wrong!!!
Key goes towards the front of the bike......doh.

nice first post.hahahahahahahahahah

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..