Author Topic: pepperheads beware...  (Read 14190 times)

Offline timsatx

• Arena
Re: pepperheads beware...
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2015, 06:56:36 AM »
I thought this was an appropriate place to put this.

http://youtu.be/1w8j7jSLsrs

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2015, 04:29:38 PM »
I'm nutz, but that is insane....I've done the toothpick thing with "the source" at 7,000,000 scoville... and would never repeat it, let alone bump it up....
instant hiccups.

9 million scoville means it takes 594 gallons of water to reach a point where the heat cannot be sensed with 1 drop of pepper added.

I will draw the line at 2 million scoville which my reapers produced, but have to add... I'm gonna experiment shortly....
I can get Everclear grain alcohol here, and plan on making a concentrated tincture so to speak, in a double boiler waterbath, with some of the reapers and moruga peppers that got a bit of mold on them when I was drying them. I know the alcohol will kill all the mold spore, and make it safe, and I should end up with a boiled down tincture of about 10 million scoville....  don't worry about that mushroom cloud forming above my home, its just a pepper thang.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2015, 09:47:32 PM »

Offline Conrad

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2015, 04:53:23 AM »
I'm nutz, but that is insane....I've done the toothpick thing with "the source" at 7,000,000 scoville... and would never repeat it, let alone bump it up....
instant hiccups.

9 million scoville means it takes 594 gallons of water to reach a point where the heat cannot be sensed with 1 drop of pepper added.

I will draw the line at 2 million scoville which my reapers produced, but have to add... I'm gonna experiment shortly....
I can get Everclear grain alcohol here, and plan on making a concentrated tincture so to speak, in a double boiler waterbath, with some of the reapers and moruga peppers that got a bit of mold on them when I was drying them. I know the alcohol will kill all the mold spore, and make it safe, and I should end up with a boiled down tincture of about 10 million scoville....  don't worry about that mushroom cloud forming above my home, its just a pepper thang.

That's some tuff assed mold man!    :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2015, 08:44:27 AM »
Here is I believe the hottest pepper extract created. It is called 16 Million Reserve. It is pure capsaicin. Very tough to get hold of and very expensive. I think there were only a limited amount of bottles made.

A description: This chilli is so hot, you'd have to drink 250,000 gallons of water just to put out the fire
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/1489595/This-chilli-is-so-hot-youd-have-to-drink-250000-gallons-of-water-just-to-put-out-the-fire.html

Here is where a test was made of it: http://www.hotsauceblog.com/hotsaucearchives/blairs-16-million-product-review/

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2015, 09:06:26 AM »
A little disclaimer about making extract at home.

http://thehotsauceaddiction.com/how-to-make-an-extract/

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2015, 10:30:47 AM »
Dave's Insanity Sauce is max for me. Even that I wouldn't actually use on food I want to eat. I did the tooth pic test with it. No injury but hot enough that I didn't want to ruin and food with it. Can't imagine stuff that can be weaponized.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2015, 12:51:06 PM »
A little disclaimer about making extract at home.

http://thehotsauceaddiction.com/how-to-make-an-extract/

thanx for sharing for those unfamiliar with the process, I know exactly how to do this safely....
I've done it before on a lessor scale, and was very pleased with the outcome.
this time I'll be rendering about 70-100 extreme fruits in the concotion... outside of course...

this process works for extracting oils from any type of plants, we have done it with Rosemary, Lavender, and Basil in the past.
Momma grew massive amounts of Patchouli from seed 2 years ago, and tyghe remaining plants we have now are destined for this process also.

and I hear that back in the 70's, people experimented with other plants..... or so I've heard.....

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..