Author Topic: New company launching soon  (Read 19594 times)

Offline DeansZG

Re: New company launching soon
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2011, 12:27:01 PM »
Ryan,

Hopefully we'll see you at the MichCOG outings in the future w/ your wares!!!! ;D
'99 C10 "MissTriss" *sold*
'04 ZZR1200 "Sweet heart" *sold*
'81 GL1100 Interstate "Puttz"*sold*
'00 K12LT..."Battleship Galactica".....

Offline roadie

• RIP:2009 ABS....Welcome 2015 Black
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2011, 01:52:41 PM »
here is one idea that I'm sure you could make some money with: a tip over protection like the one Kawa sells in Europe, but that it costs less than a plane ticket there...  ::)
No kidding, we are looking for it.

+10000000
Will

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2011, 03:23:13 PM »
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline F-106

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2011, 09:38:37 PM »
I wish you the best!! if you need some testing done I ride year round here in California. Count me in if you need any help!!
Thanks for the support.  I'm over in the frozen region, Waterford, Michigan.  In the short run aside from the previously mentioned, I will hopefully have by the end of the year a new way to mount a gps...cheap, handle bar lowering brackets and if the planets align, some mid-sets with removable touring pegs.  The last one is the big project but I think I have a firm grasp on it.  I just need to beg, borrow or steal some better tools.  Everything else will be in the coming year but the more I can get out before Christmas, the better.
IN THRUST WE TRUST

Offline Damn Potholes

• AdvancedSportTouring.com
    • Advanced Sport Touring
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 05:55:44 PM »
I want to mount my topbox over the passenger seat.

If you were to have your topbox mounted over the passenger seat, would this be a permanent option (can be unbolted but not "quick release") or something to be put on and taken off quickly?  Would you expect to retain the stock luggage rack or have a matching luggage rack for the stock location?  What type of box would you want to mount over the passenger seat?  Any additional info would be great.  Give me something to contemplate.  Anyone else have an opinion?
My parts are forged with voodoo curses and unicorn tears.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 06:32:30 PM »
I've got an oem topbox that I don't use because I don't like it flying out back. For this reason I've never had need for an after market box either. I ride solo the vast majority of the time. A semi-permanant mount would be easier to design and build than a quick release I would think. Maybe a second Phils rack that wound attach to the passenger grab rails assuming they would carry the load. This would allow for the variety of boxes used by forum members. This would leave the rear rack in the stock location. The heavy load would be carried in a more optimal location over the axle as a passenger would. It should be only a few minutes work to mount or dismount the box and rack. Dismounted it would leave the bike in stock trim.
Hope this helps.
Gary

Offline roadie

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 06:33:12 PM »
Ryan, you looking at this?  I'd buy immediately if you had something reasonably priced to look like what Top Block does.  Their cost is pretty prohibitive.

here is one idea that I'm sure you could make some money with: a tip over protection like the one Kawa sells in Europe, but that it costs less than a plane ticket there...  ::)
Will

Offline Damn Potholes

• Advanced Sport Touring
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2011, 02:36:34 PM »
Ryan, you looking at this?  I'd buy immediately if you had something reasonably priced to look like what Top Block does.  Their cost is pretty prohibitive.

Yep.  I moved this up the product development ladder.  I can't commit to a time frame as of yet or a price till I get a prototype developed  but I definitely see the possibility/profitability here.  I have virtually no overhead and I'm working with some awesome Waterjet/CNC people so price should definitely be cheaper. 

Right this minute, my goal is to get the website finished and functioning.  I have someone working on this now so as soon as that's done I can really focus on the projects I want done this year.  Right now I can only afford the free labor from my Dad (he's retired and wanted something to do anyways) so things are going slower than I'd like but I'm working on that as well.

I'm listening.

Offline roadie

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2011, 04:50:42 PM »
Sounds good, thanks man!
Will

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2011, 04:54:59 PM »

+2 or 3!!

Offline backoutonthehighway

• More cowbell!
    • Back Out On The Highway
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2011, 04:01:13 PM »
Update please!
2011 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 2006 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan Classic | 2003 Yamaha Star 650 (Sold)

Offline Damn Potholes

• Advanced Sport Touring
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2011, 06:05:33 PM »
Delays, delays, delays.  I've learned some very important lessons during this en devour.  The majority of people are good and want to do what they are hired to do but some people are just "bad people."  The guy that I hired to do my CAD work attempted to steal my designs.  He first tried to patent them for himself and then tried to sell the designs to other companies.  I went through a legal battle with him which had mixed results.  He was ordered to cease and desist but he closed his office and took off to places unknown with my prototypes which makes it very difficult for the next CAD guy.  We've managed to recreate them and my finished prototypes are just about done.  Had to change my launch date for most products to January.
Then my website designer, a.k.a. my friend, told me he doesn't have time to work on it at all and bailed.  I designed the website myself so if you see any bugs, just let me know.  It was my first one.  www.AdvancedSportTouring.com
I've also been working on several other products during this time frame. 
I'm almost done with the passenger backrest which mounts to the luggage rack.  It can even be used with a Givi E55 mounted. 
Passenger drop brackets need a few more days in design. 
A new way of mounting a ram ball completely separate from mounting on the risers are at the machine shop
I'm designing an economical tip-over protection right now.  It shouldn't be too far out there. 
Lots in the works right now.  Everything is on the up-and-up these days now that I've found some quality people to work with.  I'm still looking for someone with an '08-'09 non-ABS bike in the lower Michigan area to let me fit some parts.  If you know someone, please let me know.  I'd be happy to work out a deal with them.

Offline DonB

• Let's Ride
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2011, 06:13:35 PM »
web page looks great so far.
2012 Candy Arabian Red C14 but it's not Red to me
2012 Blue ABS Wing
2011 White Vstrom                               = o&o>

Offline OCK913

• Arena
    • The Orlando Riders Club
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2011, 08:52:57 PM »
web page looks great so far.

+1 ..... yes it does
            2009 Kawasaki C14 - Black

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2011, 07:26:13 AM »
Good luck, I am interested in seeing your tip over protection.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline backoutonthehighway

• More cowbell!
    • Back Out On The Highway
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2011, 04:30:59 PM »
Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear of the legal troubles. Character matters as my dad still says.

Keep us in the loop! And good luck!
2011 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 2006 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan Classic | 2003 Yamaha Star 650 (Sold)

Offline fsr402

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2012, 02:44:15 PM »
Delays, delays, delays.  I've learned some very important lessons during this en devour.  The majority of people are good and want to do what they are hired to do but some people are just "bad people."  The guy that I hired to do my CAD work attempted to steal my designs.  He first tried to patent them for himself and then tried to sell the designs to other companies.  I went through a legal battle with him which had mixed results.  He was ordered to cease and desist but he closed his office and took off to places unknown with my prototypes which makes it very difficult for the next CAD guy.  We've managed to recreate them and my finished prototypes are just about done.  Had to change my launch date for most products to January.
Then my website designer, a.k.a. my friend, told me he doesn't have time to work on it at all and bailed.  I designed the website myself so if you see any bugs, just let me know.  It was my first one.  www.AdvancedSportTouring.com
I've also been working on several other products during this time frame. 
I'm almost done with the passenger backrest which mounts to the luggage rack.  It can even be used with a Givi E55 mounted. 
Passenger drop brackets need a few more days in design. 
A new way of mounting a ram ball completely separate from mounting on the risers are at the machine shop
I'm designing an economical tip-over protection right now.  It shouldn't be too far out there. 
Lots in the works right now.  Everything is on the up-and-up these days now that I've found some quality people to work with.  I'm still looking for someone with an '08-'09 non-ABS bike in the lower Michigan area to let me fit some parts.  If you know someone, please let me know.  I'd be happy to work out a deal with them.

I have an 08 non ABS and I'm near Grand Rapids. We may be able to work something out.

Offline redbraid

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2012, 08:44:39 AM »
Nice site. Looking forward to purchasing some future farkles. Good Luck.

Offline OCK913

• Arena
    • The Orlando Riders Club
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2012, 05:30:48 AM »
I just wanted to take a minute to express my praise of Ryan and Advanced Sport Touring. I re-visited his site after seeing an updated posting and thought I would check it out again and see what farkles he was carrying. As I browsed his inventory, I saw something that I needed and had not seen before. Nothing fancy, just very simple, but addressed a need. He has a wall bracket for your Givi or Kawi trunk so that when it isnt on the bike, you can hang it on the wall. They were cheap too, at $10.00 how can I go wrong ........ so I placed my order. I get the order confirmation email and then a day or two later I get the notice that it has shipped. But then I get an email that my $$ has been refunded....WTF?? Then Ryan sends me an email and says that he only had one left and cosmetically, it wasnt up to par. Nothing wrong with it, just had some marks and rough spots on it and he didnt feel it was up to his standards so he shipped it to me anyway and refunded my money. "This one is on me" was his statement. I just want to say that I truly appreciate this kind of businessman. Not just because I got it for free, but because even if a refund was on his mind, he could have waited to see if I said anything when it arrived. He could have also refunded me and not shipped it. But his way of dealing with it is just the kind of customer service/support that I have found from all the vendors here on this forum. Ryan, Gary, and Phil have all gone above and beyond when I have needed something after the sale and I would probably not have known about any of them without this forum. HUGE SHOUT OUT to the Industry Merchants on this board!
            2009 Kawasaki C14 - Black

Offline pasini510

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2012, 07:50:52 AM »
Ryan is great. I bought a set of 2nd ,2 inch risers and they look brand new.
I really could not tell the imperfection in coating.
Andre