Author Topic: Starting Over  (Read 23517 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Starting Over
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2011, 09:35:31 PM »
I just noticed- I think the Avatar pictures are smaller...    :(
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2011, 09:44:06 PM »
Pokey,
You changed your avatar back??  ??? 

I was just getting use to the new one...

Offline ZedHed

« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2011, 09:50:24 PM »
Funny seeing all the "old" guys with less than 20 posts :-)
"Life is a hard teacher - you get the test before the lesson is taught..."

Offline chi-gpz1100

« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2011, 10:11:16 PM »
My solution does work.. Sort of.  Once you've found the link, look for the cache button.  This will show the entire page that google had cached.

Here's the first link that showed up in Rick's search for coil sticks.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:94KWWRwvaEwJ:forum.concours.org/index.php%3Ftopic%3D66969.0+site:forum.concours.org+stick+coil&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com

To see the next page, you copy the link to clipboard, then use cache:{paste} in a google box.

Again.. It's far from ideal, but at least gives a clumsy way of accessing old data.

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2011, 10:33:41 PM »
I just noticed- I think the Avatar pictures are smaller...    :(

Yer right, they is  :-[

Forum configs updated to 100x100 pixels. Users will need to re-upload, sorry.

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2011, 10:43:03 PM »
I've already said it, but I'll say it again, thank you Rick!

I'm curious though, who pays ($) for the hardware etc to support this site??

I'm very active on gixxer.com as well but they have a membership fee, it's not alot of $ but at least with the many members it covers some expense's I guess like this...

How does that work on this forum and who has to pull the $ to rebuild the servers etc??

I'm sure many on here would be more than willing to pay a yearly or lifetime membership fee, it's a a great forum IMO and worth it...

Offline RapidRoy

« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2011, 10:44:28 PM »
I've only been a Connie owner for about three weeks and, based on how many times I checked to see if the forum was back up, I must be totally hooked on this forum. A fantastic resource! Based on all the great folks here, I'm sure it won't be long before there's a lot of useful info.
'99 C-10

Offline MiniCog

« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2011, 10:52:40 PM »
Word Association Game!!!  NUUUUUUUUUU!!!   :'( :'( :'(
 ;)

Man, that kinda stinks!  Oh well, we'll make do.  Just glad no one stole my genius user name...   ;)
Past: XR650R, 250 Ninjette.
Present: None...
Next: C-14, '08-09 Speed Triple, and/or Sprint GT.

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2011, 11:19:02 PM »

Yer talking to him.

It's a barter arraignment. I offer IT (Internet end, not really desktop support) services in exchange for the feed. The server (2U, two slot, w/ one dual core (I need to upgrade to 2 quad cores)) is at a financial institution. They also have a couple other financial domains hosted on the server 'for free'. Been doing so for 10 some odd years at the current host. Hardware costs are always a challenge, but it gets taken care of.

This may explain the spartan look to the forum(s), lo graphics, no large file storage. If I had more resources (see CPU upgrade above, and most importantly additional bandwidth), I might install more crap. Like a real photo album. For now, everyone appears happy, and it remains free (my choice). The members and Mods make this what it is, I only provide the sand box... and it is limited.

Rick

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2011, 11:24:07 PM »
My solution does work.. Sort of.  ...

I've local copies of most of Elvin and VAJim's "most excellent" FAQ/Wiki posts (I clicked "save as" to my local machine). When I have time I'll re-upload. For now...

Rick

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2011, 11:25:32 PM »
Yer talking to him.

It's a barter arraignment. I offer IT (Internet end, not really desktop support) services in exchange for the feed. The server (2U, two slot, w/ one dual core (I need to upgrade to 2 quad cores)) is at a financial institution. They also have a couple other financial domains hosted on the server 'for free'. Been doing so for 10 some odd years at the current host. Hardware costs are always a challenge, but it gets taken care of.

This may explain the spartan look to the forum(s), lo graphics, no large file storage. If I had more resources (see CPU upgrade above, and most importantly additional bandwidth), I might install more crap. Like a real photo album. For now, everyone appears happy, and it remains free (my choice). The members and Mods make this what it is, I only provide the sand box... and it is limited.

Rick

Well thank you Rick!

I'm sure if it was a $25 anual fee and a $50 lifetime fee the majority of us would pay it without thinking twice, I would at least...

Thanks for the support!

All you other knuckheads out there please chime in on this membership fee topic, am I the only one that loves this forum and thinks Rick shouldn't have to pay it out of his own pocket...  :o

Offline MiniCog

« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2011, 11:30:40 PM »
I'd pay $50, don't know how I would send it but I would get it to him somehow.
Past: XR650R, 250 Ninjette.
Present: None...
Next: C-14, '08-09 Speed Triple, and/or Sprint GT.

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2011, 02:19:07 AM »
Well, whatcha going to do.. First, thanks to Rick for the great forum that was, and will be again! Out with the old, giving us all a new beginning.
Contributions are going to be plentiful, to say the least! Hell, I just read through seven pages that were written in half a day before I could reply!
Now to check out the newer site..
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2011, 02:57:53 AM »
I'd pay $50, ...

Why?

How about if I, or any of my buds on the forum, show up on your door step (OK, yer old man's door step ;) ), you find a spot for us to pitch a tent? Could that be the 'price of admission'? For that matter, If I (or anybody on the forum) asks for a couple of bux for whatever reason, can ya oblige them if'n ya can? Like say the ever popular OtP gig! Par-tay at Ricks place when Bernd (Germany) arrives, and Gie (Belgium) leaves, during their OtP adventure. BBQ, some tater salad, maybe a couple of beers... And yes, I WILL be passing the hat.

Deal? Goes around, comes around.

Rick

Offline Conrad

« Reply #94 on: May 12, 2011, 05:00:11 AM »
Why?

How about if I, or any of my buds on the forum, show up on your door step (OK, yer old man's door step ;) ), you find a spot for us to pitch a tent? Could that be the 'price of admission'? For that matter, If I (or anybody on the forum) asks for a couple of bux for whatever reason, can ya oblige them if'n ya can? Like say the ever popular OtP gig! Par-tay at Ricks place when Bernd (Germany) arrives, and Gie (Belgium) leaves, during their OtP adventure. BBQ, some tater salad, maybe a couple of beers... And yes, I WILL be passing the hat.

Deal? Goes around, comes around.

Rick

I want to thank you Rick for all your time and hard work, to say that I appreciate it would be an understatement.  :chugbeer:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline bob14

• go forth and meet the shadowy future without fear
« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2011, 05:28:18 AM »
I've already said it, but I'll say it again, thank you Rick!

I'm very active on gixxer.com as well but they have a membership fee, it's not alot of $ but at least with the many members it covers some expense's I guess like this...

How does that work on this forum and who has to pull the $ to rebuild the servers etc??

I'm sure many on here would be more than willing to pay a yearly or lifetime membership fee, it's a a great forum IMO and worth it...

I'm in !!!
2008 C14
COG 8211
AMA 848986
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2011, 06:48:04 AM »
This is by far my favorite forum and I would be happy to help support it financially. And I would also like to add my thanks and appreciation to Rick!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2011, 08:28:47 AM »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2011, 09:13:00 AM »
A voluntary paypal link for forum support is a great option.  Why not?

Offline Mal

• Arena
  • There is no spoon...
« Reply #99 on: May 12, 2011, 10:01:12 AM »

I know One board you need'nt re-kindle..... ;D ;D ;D ;)

Some people's trash is other people's treasure...   ;)
`09 ZG-1400
Western Colorado

"It is not the business of government to make men virtuous or religious, or to preserve the fool from the consequences of his own folly. Government should be repressive no further than is necessary to secure liberty by protecting the equal rights of each from aggression on the part of others" —Henry George