Author Topic: Hello from the great white north  (Read 3309 times)

Offline sq61708

• Arena
Hello from the great white north
« on: December 31, 2013, 12:16:39 AM »
Hello everyone

My name is Sylvain, 48 and married for 25 years, 1 lovely wife and 2 kids ( a son studying electrical engeneering and a daughter studying nursing) and one Connie for the last 6 years ( Big red 91 Concours).
I live in Blainville 25 km north of Montreal ( Home of the Montreal Canadians hockey team). I've been riding for 27 years.
I work as a supervisor for the Quebec provincial police at it's busiest call and dispatch center.  I ride  as much as possible from late march to early december, as long as the road is not iced over and our stupid winter tire laws allows, you see, in Quebec it is mandatory to have winter tires from december 15 to march 15.  So far no one makes winter tires for my Connie.
I really enjoy reading your posts and take this opportunity to wich everyone a healty and safe new year.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Hello from the great white north
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 03:43:48 AM »
Good morning and welcome.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 04:02:03 AM »
Welcome!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 05:55:16 AM »

Bienvenue

Offline bacaruda

• GTR1400 2013 Black
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 06:41:35 AM »
welcome Sylvain!

Toronto maple leafs has allways been my favorite canadian hockey team (mainly due to Borje Salming playing there) but Montreal is great to.
We have the same winter tire law in sweden, but here it reads " if there is winter road conditions" Today its not so me and my wife are going to our new years party on our Connie 14 :) . Never happend before...

Hope that you got more of a white christmas in canada than we have. have to go far north in Sweden to use other than roller skis.
GTR1400 -13 black (Thunder Nugget)
ZRX 1100 -98 Vivid orange/silver/Black
ZRX 1200 -02 Colour: TBD
Yamaha WR250F -02 Hurricane Yellow

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 02:00:59 PM »
Welcome SQ!  :chugbeer: