Author Topic: Top Block Racing - side sliders and tip over protection  (Read 72867 times)

Offline marku8a

Re: Top Block Racing - side sliders and tip over protection
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2012, 09:43:10 PM »
I finely finished my TB tip-over protector installation. I was very impressed with the fit, quality and design. The styling makes it look like OEM equipment. Being in engineering that’s high praise coming from me. I now understand why they are expensive.

I de-badged my bike so I was a bit disappointed that the black plastic pieces had the “KAWASAKI” logo printed on the vertical surfaces. All the pictures that I have seen did not have the logo. I tried wiping them off with lacquer thinner with no luck. I will give them a rub with wet 600 grit sandpaper to see if that works.

ZG – After seeing your pictures it appears that you have your black plastic parts installed on the wrong sides (right should be left and left should be right). With my KAWASAKI logoed parts installed in the right orientation the small white lettering that reads “Registered Community Design” should be facing the pavement.

I hope I never have to use these but it’s good to know that I have them!

Mark
2009 C14 Red
Fly_ectomy, K&N Filter, Oxford Heated Grips, PC V, Full Area P Exhaust
How far can a person run into a forest?

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2012, 10:24:22 PM »
Congrats Mark!

But...

As for the right vs left I find that intriguing, I was told by TB they aren't reversable??  ??? :-\

If that's the case though then it makes buying spare plastic grinders all the more worth it! Buy one spare grinder and you're good to go no matter which side goes down!  :)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2012, 09:05:01 PM »
I'll update this thread for future searches, powder coated the arms black... they blend in quite nicely now IMO.  8)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2012, 09:15:29 PM »
I'll update this thread for future searches, powder coated the arms black... they blend in quite nicely now IMO.  8)

Let's see.... you still need black caliper holders, black rotors, black exhaust, and....

BTW- What camera are you using now... really sharp pictures.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2012, 09:43:21 PM »
Let's see.... you still need black caliper holders, black rotors, black exhaust, and....

:rotflmao: :thumbs:

Wish I could take the credit for those recent pics Max, I agree they are awesome quality!  :thumbs:

They were actually shot by the shop that I go to owners son, kid has mad skills and a $1500 camera...  :hail:

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #105 on: September 03, 2012, 02:17:46 PM »
I really like the looks of the Top Block protection on the '08-'09 models, but it's really ugly on the '10+. Not surprised you had yours powder coated black.  ;)
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2012, 02:39:14 PM »

They were actually shot by the shop that I go to owners son, kid has mad skills and a $1500 camera...  :hail:

Ahhh Haaa, so I was right, you did wear out your camera taking pictures of your C14. ;D

Exif data sez: Canon EOS 5D

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #107 on: September 05, 2012, 01:23:27 PM »
Not surprised you had yours powder coated black.  ;)

:thumbs: 8)

Ahhh Haaa, so I was right, you did wear out your camera taking pictures of your C14. ;D

:rotflmao: :chugbeer:

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2013, 02:14:28 PM »
Murph is going to start selling these next month, first the 2010's and up, then the '08-'09s.
$575, a much better deal than I got with Tatiana@Top Block or whatever her name is..
http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=504

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2013, 03:37:13 PM »
Murph is going to start selling these next month, first the 2010's and up, then the '08-'09s.
$575, a much better deal than I got with Tatiana@Top Block or whatever her name is..
http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=504

Great price indeed! I think I paid close to $700 USD shipped back when I got mine...  :(

Sounds like he's also going to carry the fork and swingarm sliders from them too.  :thumbs:

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=7642.msg91621#msg91621

Offline marku8a

« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2013, 07:25:49 PM »

Great price indeed! I think I paid close to $700 USD shipped back when I got mine...  :(

Agreed. Mine totaled $675.

Mark
2009 C14 Red
Fly_ectomy, K&N Filter, Oxford Heated Grips, PC V, Full Area P Exhaust
How far can a person run into a forest?

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
puttin' lipstick on a PIG. Top Block side sliders/tip over protection mod
« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2013, 11:19:38 PM »
Well, pig may be too strong a word. However it is clear to most that the second gen Top Block sliders
don't look as good as the first gen did. Anybody that's seen a picture of ZG's bike (that would be everybody :D)
knows that the first gens look pretty good. I might be spoutin' crazy talk, but IMHO Honda STs have the best
looking tip over protection. In an effort to make my 2nd gen top blocks look better I covered them with
some Honda ST covers and ran some auto door weather gasket around them. Not perfect by any means,
especially the gasket, which is kind of wavy, but over all I think it's much better. I may be biased, could I be
so invested in my lipstick idea that I think I'm looking at Angelina Jolie, when everybody else sees Tammy Faye Baker?  :-\

Offline ljcorby

• COG#: 9359
« Reply #112 on: March 20, 2013, 07:39:00 AM »
I agree, not very attractive compared to the earlier ones.
10 Kawi Concours 14 ABS

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #113 on: March 20, 2013, 09:19:29 AM »
I agree, not very attractive compared to the earlier ones.

:goodpost:

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #114 on: March 20, 2013, 09:25:30 AM »
Looks like they were trying for the look of the tip over protection on a Honda ST.

Offline Conrad

Looks like they were trying for the look of the tip over protection on a Honda ST.

Dude! Did you read his post? See the bolded part below.

Well, pig may be too strong a word. However it is clear to most that the second gen Top Block sliders
don't look as good as the first gen did. Anybody that's seen a picture of ZG's bike (that would be everybody :D)
knows that the first gens look pretty good. I might be spoutin' crazy talk, but IMHO Honda STs have the best
looking tip over protection. In an effort to make my 2nd gen top blocks look better I covered them with
some Honda ST covers and ran some auto door weather gasket around them.
Not perfect by any means,
especially the gasket, which is kind of wavy, but over all I think it's much better. I may be biased, could I be
so invested in my lipstick idea that I think I'm looking at Angelina Jolie, when everybody else sees Tammy Faye Baker?  :-\
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Dude! Did you read his post? See the bolded part below.

:-[

Offline Conrad

« Reply #117 on: March 20, 2013, 09:57:19 AM »
Good eye though.    :)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline plazy

« Reply #118 on: November 13, 2014, 12:35:59 PM »
Hi All, I know this post is old but if anyone is interested, I have a set of these top blocks that I currently have listed on EBAY. They have been used so the black plastic caps shown signs of this but I am sure for the money I have them up for, someone could repair and repaint the outers and end up will a really good set. Here is the link if anyone wants a look.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141466356854?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #119 on: November 13, 2014, 03:55:16 PM »
Hey plazy, did they work as advertised? These fit first gen? How much is 120 in USD? Is that shipped?