Author Topic: 350 Miles yesterday......................  (Read 8886 times)

Offline Tele130

Re: 350 Miles yesterday......................
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2012, 05:19:36 PM »
  :yikes: 54yrs old  :yikes:  My god Doug did they even have motorized bikes when you were younger  :deadhorse:  :stirpot:

All right. That's about enough from the peanut gallery.

What up Chris?  Got your emails. We gota talk, been awhile.  ;D
Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!

Offline datsaxman@hotmail.com

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2012, 10:24:25 PM »
snarf...

You might be outnumbered by the 54 year olds here...and no, we had to push 'em back then.  It was tough gettin' them stone wheels round enough to roll decent, lemme tell ye...
2008 ZG14X...ZX14 throttle bodies, full AreaP exhaust, heated grips, Corbin, and more...
161.5RWHP on the dyno
Formerly Silverdammit!

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2012, 05:39:19 AM »
snarf...

You might be outnumbered by the 54 year olds here...and no, we had to push 'em back then.  It was tough gettin' them stone wheels round enough to roll decent, lemme tell ye...
LOL I respect my elders with the highest regard  :hail:
Thats just a joke between Doug and myself.  Besides I did some checking and found that Doug did actually ride when he was younger.

As it would turn out he has been riding damn near his entire life
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline Tele130

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2012, 06:51:25 AM »
LOL I respect my elders with the highest regard  :hail:
Thats just a joke between Doug and myself.  Besides I did some checking and found that Doug did actually ride when he was younger.

As it would turn out he has been riding damn near his entire life

:rotflmao:
I was going to intervene on the subject but it makes for such a great story...........if you haven't had the pleasure to meet Chris then you'll never get it.

And yes, I've got a few miles under my belt ;D At the age of 17 I bought a brand new 1976 KZ900 off the showroom floor.  That bike taught me a few lessons. ;)

Doug Colton

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2012, 06:55:37 AM »
:rotflmao:
I was going to intervene on the subject but it makes for such a great story...........if you haven't had the pleasure to meet Chris then you'll never get it.

And yes, I've got a few miles under my belt ;D At the age of 17 I bought a brand new 1976 KZ900 off the showroom floor.  That bike taught me a few lessons. ;)
Like how to scream in fear! ;)

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2012, 07:14:54 AM »
At the age of 17 I bought a brand new 1976 KZ900 off the showroom floor.

Are you sure that wasn't 75 or earlier?  I bought a brand new 76 KZ1000 off the showroom floor, which was the first year for that model.  It replaced the KZ900.  I also learned a few things about power when I twisted the grip on that beast.

Offline Tele130

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2012, 07:36:16 AM »
Are you sure that wasn't 75 or earlier?  I bought a brand new 76 KZ1000 off the showroom floor, which was the first year for that model.  It replaced the KZ900.  I also learned a few things about power when I twisted the grip on that beast.

Oh yea.  Never forget your first. ;)

"The original generation of  Z bikes ended in 1975.

The next year, Kawasaki retagged the bike KZ900, and while it was much the same machine as its Z1 predacessors, the bicentennial edition featured some modest changes. Tuning alterations and smaller carbs shaved a few watts off the powerplant in an effort to refine the bike's raw grunt, but riding a KZ900 today precipitates a case of adult-onset deja vroom."

Here's the review in it's entirety:
http://www.motorcyclingmag.com/1976_kawasaki_kz900

Doug Colton

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2012, 11:08:42 AM »
Well, I stand corrected.  I was thinking my KZ1000 was a 76, but now I realize it must have been a 77.  When I think about it now I realize it had to be a 77 since I bought it my second year out of college.  I went from a KZ400 to the 1000.  I quickly realized you can't grab a handful of throttle in a corner and just let the rear wheel drift a little bit like on the 400.    :yikes: