Author Topic: SISF probably saved me Big Bux  (Read 2186 times)

Offline Centex

• Arena
    • Central Motorcycle Roadracing Association
SISF probably saved me Big Bux
« on: October 04, 2011, 09:44:47 PM »
Fired up the Connie tonight to go for a check ride after my latest electrical farkle install.

Smelled gas strong when I stopped to open my front gate (life in the country) .... back to the lit garage to find gas pouring from carb #1 overflow.

I've got a Pingel so no worries with the petcock .... did the 'drain and blow' with compressed air ... no more overflow so that seems to have gotten the crap outta the float needle seat.

Without the overflow tubes would I have noticed a problem with crappy running?  I'm not sure.

Would I have managed to hydrolock it somewhere down the road even with the Pingel?  My guess is Probably, based on my recent run of "luck".   :-[

Glad I've got the overflows.

Thanks, Steve!   :thumbs:

Alan in Central Texas
2004 Connie COG 9476
2001 Ducati M750

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
Re: SISF probably saved me Big Bux
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 04:17:46 AM »
You're Welcome, Alan. Yeah, it would have started running really bad, and as a minimum fuel washed the cylinder. The pingel should have stopped the hydrolock effect with the bike shut off, but in this case the overflow as a minimum showed you what the problem was, and what cylinder was the issue. Steve

Offline Tele130

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 12:29:12 PM »
He saved my back side TWICE. My stock petcock went bad and a brand new one from Murphs was bad upon intallation. Third time was a charm.

Thanks a million Steve.  :hail:
Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!

Offline Cavosie

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 08:34:15 AM »
And he's an incredibly conscientious businessman.  We need a Steve in Freezing/Rainy/Sunny/Breezy Indiana!

Offline Tele130

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 05:20:10 PM »
And he's an incredibly conscientious businessman.  We need a Steve in Freezing/Rainy/Sunny/Breezy Indiana!

That would work. Closer than FL.  ;D
Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!