Author Topic: Murph's KB bar riser question  (Read 1855 times)

Offline Centex

• Arena
    • Central Motorcycle Roadracing Association
Murph's KB bar riser question
« on: November 12, 2011, 05:58:19 PM »
I'm happy with the stock bar-seat-peg relationship on my '06.  But my butt didn't like the seat after about 5 hours so I ordered a Russell built on an '86 seat pan I found.

Now my butt's generally happy with the seat but it's an inch or so higher which messes with my reach to the bars.  So, I'm looking at the KB Handlebar Risers sold by Murph.

Murph's online description says "Providing a rise of 1-3/8", with 5/8" back set, these dimensions have proven to work with all years, with no line stress."  Fine, I'm not concerned about line stress, but want to understand the bar position.

The Question:
How does the KB riser move the bars back by 5/8"?  All the pics on Murph's site seem to show a plain thickness spacer with the base of the bar mounted concentric to the fork tube per OEM.  Is the base of the bar offset to the back by 5/8" somehow or is that just the 'effect' of the riser at the top of the bar due to the slope of everything?

TIA if you can help me understand this before I buy (yes, I know they're returnable, but I'm hoping to find a used set).
Alan in Central Texas
2004 Connie COG 9476
2001 Ducati M750

Offline jim snyder

• Arena
  • I'm married but my girlfriends name is Connie
Re: Murph's KB bar riser question
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 06:14:49 PM »
Alan,
  The bars naturally angle to the rear, so anytime you increase the heigth you are also moving them
back slightly at the same time. So by going with a 2" set of risers, you also end up with 5/8" of pull
back. Hope that answers your question.
"Somedays you're the windshield, and somedays you're the bug"
"An armed citizen is a patriot, and unarmed citizen is a victim"

http://community.webshots.com/user/kawadude

Offline Centex

• Arena
    • Central Motorcycle Roadracing Association
Re: Murph's KB bar riser question
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 08:52:18 PM »
Thanks, Jim, that's what I needed to hear.
Alan in Central Texas
2004 Connie COG 9476
2001 Ducati M750