Author Topic: Pre-Cut Reflective Vinyl Kits for C10 and C14 Saddlebags.  (Read 14554 times)

Offline EffBee

• Motoreflective.com
Pre-Cut Reflective Vinyl Kits for C10 and C14 Saddlebags.
« on: November 21, 2014, 06:58:00 PM »
Hello, all.  I asked how a new vendor is supposed to proceed, and I was told to just introduce myself, talk about the product, tell you how/where to order and that should do it.  Perfect!  That's just what I had in mind.

I'm Fernando Belair.  A few of you older guys might remember me as an Editor at Cycle World back in the mid 70's.  The rest of you probably couldn't care less, and you're right.  Long time ago.  But it was an early job in a career spent in the motorcycle industry, usually on the manufacturing/distribution side of things.

Anyway, about 15 years ago, my wife Penny and I started a little side business in a spare bedroom.  We began making pre-cut reflective kits for motorcycle saddlebags.  As we've all known for a long time, you can't be too visible or too conspicuous.  We tried to keep that business small because we both had full-time jobs and didn't need a third one.  But now we've retired, and we've decided to expand and let it grow.

The company is MotoReflective.com.  You can go there, or here's a link to the reflective kits for the 1000 and 1400 Concours.  Or you can just take a look at the product photos below.

At MotoReflective.com we use only the highest quality 7-Year/7-Mil 3M Reflective Vinyl for our reflective products.  And everything we sell is 100% Made In The USA, from raw materials, to design, to the labor.  We’re proud of that.

We've had Reflective Kits for the C10 Concours for many years, and have recently added a new Reflective Kit for the 1400. 

If anyone has questions, please feel free to ask.  And thanks for welcoming us into this forum.

Reflective for the rear of the saddlebags on the Kawasaki 1400 Concours.  $26.95

Reflective for the rear of the saddlebags on the Kawasaki 1000 Concours.  $29.95

Reflective for the saddlebag lids on the Kawasaki 1000 Concours.  $19.95

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
Re: Pre-Cut Reflective Vinyl Kits for C10 and C14 Saddlebags.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 07:46:37 PM »
Hello, all.  I asked how a new vendor is supposed to proceed, and I was told to just introduce myself, talk about the product, tell you how/where to order and that should do it.  Perfect!  That's just what I had in mind.
works for me.
I'm Fernando Belair. 
Good to see you again :)

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 08:11:52 PM »
hello Fernando. Welcome to the COGdom....
I had those on my first Connie. Very noticeable at night!

Ride safe, Ted

Offline EffBee

• Motoreflective.com
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 09:30:46 PM »
Well, the C14 Reflective Kits have been selling well.  To those here who ordered, you got your emails with your expected delivery date.  I believe every order in the U.S. will arrive by Tuesday, in time for Christmas.  The ones that were ordered from overseas will take a little longer.

Thank you all, and please remember to tell your friends.  A small company like ours can use all the good word-of-mouth advertising we can get.

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 09:21:44 AM »
Nice! After Christmas present to me.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline EffBee

• Motoreflective.com
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 12:57:40 AM »
Ron, we'll be open.  We're not taking that week off, so if you're looking to order right after Christmas, we'll be able to fill it and ship it.

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 02:43:53 PM »
Thanks!
2014 C-14 Red

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 02:45:50 PM »
I've got these on my C14 and LOVE them. No one notices it during the day but at night I'm completely lit up.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 08:03:49 PM »
I like being lit up..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 09:29:59 PM »
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2014, 09:49:43 PM »
I like being lit up..

That reminds me, it's cocktail hour.
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2014, 05:01:55 AM »
I like the way you think!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline EffBee

• Motoreflective.com
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2014, 05:47:28 PM »
Oh, what the heck.  It's Christmas Eve.  Give someone sober and trustworthy your keys, and CELEBRATE!!!  But don't go out to the garage and try to install your reflective vinyl Christmas gift after "having a few."  Somehow, you'll always be able to tell what you did.  DAMHIK.

Merry Christmas to all from Penny and me at MotoReflective.com, to all of you.  Blessings and a Holiday filled with family, warmth, love and CALORIES!!!!

Offline Uded2me

This forum is dead dead dead
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2014, 01:45:33 AM »
d e a d
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 09:31:39 PM by knight_mare »

Offline EffBee

• Motoreflective.com
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2014, 10:54:37 PM »
To the best of my knowledge, the answer is no.  No one makes it for inventory.  However, it might be possible to get one custom made.  Using 3M's new Red/Red reflective material, it might be possible to put a black translucent coating on it, creating a blackish daytime appearance which would get overpowered by the red reflectivity at night. 

Offline EffBee

• Motoreflective.com
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2015, 03:43:27 PM »
Well, it's been a good year for MotoReflective.com.   This has been our 16th year of making pre-cut reflective kits for the backs of saddlebags on sport-touring bikes.  And the Kawasaki Reflective Kits have TAKEN OFF!!!

The GTR1400 Reflective Kits (Part #RK-214) have been steady movers all year long, as knowledge of them grows.  And there are still plenty of strong, reliable C10's out there.  So those reflective kits (Part #RK-210) move, too.  Overall, a couple of Kawi kits every few days and, along with a few dozen of the other 80 reflective kits we make, and it helps the bills get paid.  But this past month the increase in demand for the GTR1400 Reflective Kits has almost quadrupled!  Whether it's all of you spreading the word, or seeing them on each others' bikes, we've had to increase our inventory levels just to make sure we continue to ship within 24 hours of receiving your orders.  And we're caught up and still getting more orders.  Thank you all!

Thanksgiving was a few days ago, and one of the things we're grateful for is the excellent patronage we've received, as well as the positive comments on both our products and our customer service.  We've been working hard on both for a decade and a half and it feels good to know it's appreciated.  Now, as the Christmas Holiday season approaches, people are buying more reflective kits as gifts for themselves, for a spouse or for their friends.  So please get your order in early so we can get it to you by Christmas.  And if you decide to order at the last minute, don't worry.  We'll get it packaged and loaded onto Santa's GTR1400 immediately for quick delivery.

Again, our thanks and appreciation, and a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone. 
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 08:07:52 PM by EffBee »

Offline EffBee

• Motoreflective.com
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2015, 09:54:17 AM »
WE'LL BE SHIPPING THROUGHOUT THE HOLIDAYS:  We're not going away for the holidays this year, which means MotoReflective.com will be shipping product every day through the end of the year (except when the Post Office is closed).  2105 has been a good year for us and for our customers who rely on added conspicuity to help them get where they're getting, and back home, as safely as they can.  We hope you're among them, and if you aren't yet, we hope you'll Be Seen and Be Safe soon.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all, and a great big Thank You for letting us be a part of this forum.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 03:35:56 PM by EffBee »