Author Topic: FS: Scorpion EXO-1000, like new, size XL or XXL, your choice  (Read 5000 times)

Offline ATC Buckeye

I wish this helmet would work for me, but I just like the fit of my EXO400 better.   This helmet has some great features, but for me, comfort is king!   This is a VERY gently used (probably worn 4 times) Scorpion EXO1000, shell size XL, and comes with both the XL and the XXL liners.   The XL and XXL use the same size shell, just different liners, and both are included.   Also included is the darker smoke internal shield.  However, there is one small point to note with this feature.  When I removed the light smoke internal shield (also included), I could not get the darker smoke shield to stay in place properly.  The little arms that hold the internal shield in place were just slightly too loose and I didn't want the shield to pop out on the road.  So, I drilled a tiny hole through each arm, and through the edges either side of the dark smoke shield and zip-tied each side in with a tiny zip-tie.   The dark smoke shield isn't going anywhere now.   However, if you wanted to switch it out for the lighter smoke shield (why you'd want to do that, I don't know) you'd have to cut the zip ties and drill tiny holes in the lighter shield and zip tie it back into place.  The zip ties do not have no effect on the operation of any part of the helmet, and are not visible by the rider.   

This helmet has the helmet pump air bladder feature, the internal dropdown visor, and locking external fog-free visor.  Here's a complete list of features:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/38/6961/ITEM/Scorpion-EXO-1000-Helmet.aspx

It's a great helmet.   I wish it would work for me.   Includes light tinted internal shield, helmet bag, XL and XXL liners, and original box.   It has absolutely no damage, cosmetic or otherwise that I can see, and has never been dropped or abused.   It's sat on my head a couple of times, and a shelf in my garage, and that's it.

$150 shipped to your door.

Offline Gearhead82

Re: FS: Scorpion EXO-1000, like new, size XL or XXL, your choice
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 10:29:57 AM »
These are selling for $60-100 used on eBay. . .  I bought my identical one new for $99 with free shipping last October. . .

I agree with you though.  My EXO 400 is much more comfortable.  It's a shame because I love the inner-shield and the ability to leave the main shield slightly cracked open when it's hot. 
'09 C14, Area P Full System, BMC, Flies out, PCV

Offline ATC Buckeye

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 10:33:32 AM »
Well I don't see any for $60.   But okay, with the extra liner I go with $100 shipped.   

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 10:39:17 AM »
Interested in a set of hwy-pegs?  I have the silver EXO-1000, very nice helmet.  I just really like the looks of yours.
+1 on the dark drop down; the light smoke is worthless.
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline ATC Buckeye

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 10:41:16 AM »
No, wish I was, but I already have Millerized pegs out front.   

Offline ATC Buckeye

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 10:47:05 AM »
I could use some block-off plates and some $$$ though :)

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 10:53:09 AM »
No, wish I was, but I already have Millerized pegs out front.
I heard through the grapevine that these little beauties can be picked up for a song.

2002 Conc

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline ATC Buckeye

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 11:00:35 AM »
Hmm those do look pretty nice.  Got 'em in black?

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 12:06:08 PM »
Hmm those do look pretty nice.  Got 'em in black?
Yes sir, powder coated to match.  Tele130 got a set and posted some mighty fine pictures; but alas that was before the great forum crash of '11
2002 Conc

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 08:17:52 PM »
PM sent
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline ATC Buckeye

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 05:39:46 AM »
Helmet sold, thanks Jeremy!

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 05:43:13 AM »
Really WTF just happened here?
2002 Conc

Offline ATC Buckeye

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2011, 05:51:47 AM »
Well, I never got what I considered a solid trade offer from you.  No picture of the pegs powdercoated, and no idea as to what they're worth, if they're more than my asking price or if you'll include some cash along with them. I didn't know exactly what I was considering.    Cash is king man, sorry.

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2011, 06:27:30 AM »
When did you ask for pictures? I mentioned there were picture but they got lost. If they were worth more than what you were asking then were is the down side; do you think I was going to ask for money back?? I was going to throw in cash and block-off plates like YOU asked for.  Im just getting tired of getting screwed around on this forum. 
It's a F'n good thing that I dont treat people I deal with around here like some of you do.  I would be out of business a long time ago.  Honestly I expect this type of behavior from the kids of today, aren't we all grown-ups here? 
You could have very easily emailed me saying you had a cash offer. Oh well
Rant off.
Peace................................................................... :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
2002 Conc

Offline ATC Buckeye

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2011, 06:34:42 AM »
The fact that you've been "screwed" on this forum is none of my concern.   Go back and look at those posts, you never made an offer.  You never said, hey, I'll trade you these pegs, some cash and block off plates and gave me a chance to consider that deal.  Again, cash is king.  You step up and pay, you get the product, and that's that.  I'm not interested in a pissing match or insults, I'm grown as well, and have bought and sold plenty of stuff online.    I was supposed to check with you first on a cash offer, when you never made an offer?   Nope.

Offline hlh1

• COG #548
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2011, 07:18:24 AM »
I always find it interesting that "buyers" think the seller is going to hold up their item just because there's a "discussion".  Whoever meets the sellers requirements first gets it, period.  I have some stuff that I'd like to sell on this forum but I'm afraid of offending a buyer.  Maybe I'll post with a statement like "items goes to the first person who say's I'll take it". 

my .02,
COG #548
My bikes:  Suzuki 06 WeeStrom, Kawasaki 09 C14 ABS, 83 Suzuki GS1100ED,

Offline ATC Buckeye

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2011, 07:20:00 AM »
Bingo.

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2011, 07:36:56 AM »
No pissing match intended. But your right I never made an 'offer' I was just wanting to know if you wanted a free set of pegs.  I understand cash is king. I guess we have a different definition of negotiations. I'm not upset with you understand that.  We just had some bad communication
2002 Conc