Author Topic: woops, found out about the FJR  (Read 27916 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: woops, found out about the FJR
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2011, 07:17:08 PM »
Hi again,
I obviously read your post a few times, but I still didn't make out what you meant. Hence my question: why did you write "and requires valve checks at 25,000 miles, not 7,500 miles."? It is clear that you mean that the FJR needs the valve job at 25 k miles, but why the reference to 7,500 miles? That's the part I didn't get. It seems that by exclusion you believe that the C14 needs a valve job at 7500 miles, which is the part that I think is not correct, my number being 26,000 miles or 42,000 km according to my manual. Care to elaborate? :)

The US owners manual says 15,000 miles.

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2011, 12:19:57 AM »
The US owners manual says 15,000 miles.

Yeah, I've heard of that. Once, on the phone with Kawasaki Germany regarding some vibs on the handlebar, I asked them that and they didn't know. Anybody? As far as I know, the valve train, etc, are identical...  ???
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2011, 03:57:40 AM »
Can you say EPA?

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2011, 09:32:39 AM »
Can you say EPA?

But this still doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It's not like Europe doesn't also have air quality regulations. In any case I'm using the Europe standard. My C14 has almost 22,000 on it now and I haven't checked the valves yet. I plan to do it this winter sometime.

Offline AZBiker

• My photos
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2011, 12:32:01 AM »
Can you say EPA?

Sure, as long as the words "screw the" are in front of it. ;D
rubber side down,

Derek
93 Cali black & red

Offline michelsmith

« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2011, 03:14:12 AM »
FJR came with a much smaller windscreen, I assume for that "sportbike" look.

Offline TownsendsFJR1300

• Knowledge is Power!
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2012, 06:14:23 AM »
Hi again,
I obviously read your post a few times, but I still didn't make out what you meant. Hence my question: why did you write "and requires valve checks at 25,000 miles, not 7,500 miles."? It is clear that you mean that the FJR needs the valve job at 25 k miles, but why the reference to 7,500 miles? That's the part I didn't get. It seems that by exclusion you believe that the C14 needs a valve job at 7500 miles, which is the part that I think is not correct, my number being 26,000 miles or 42,000 km according to my manual. Care to elaborate? :)

That is NOT what I said... 

The FJR is scheduled for valve checks at 25,000 miles, Not valve jobs, etc...  Most do NOT need adjustment at that mileage (unless seriously dogged).  To my understanding, the 1400 requires valve checks sooner. I know its considerably easier to get to the valve cover on the FJR to do the checks..

As for 5 or 6 speeds, if the 6 gear was an actual overdrive, that would be great and welcome.  If 6th is geared the same on the top end as a five speed, you'll get a little more acceleration (my FZ6 is a 6 speed) but your just shifting alot more...

The second generation FJR, the top end gearing is slightly changed lowering highway RPM's some...

I can say both Kawaski and Yamaha address most issues/problems that come up... 

(Note, this forum will NOT send updated replys to my address thus the delay)

2007 Yamaha FZ6, BD43 headlight mod, PIAA  bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, Techspec tank pads