Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853689 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #900 on: March 13, 2015, 03:18:11 PM »
:rotflmao: My 1978, 48 HP diesel Rabbit would take 2 days to get to 70 mph.

On my 81 Chevette, I called the air conditioning system the "emergency brake"...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #901 on: March 13, 2015, 03:57:26 PM »
On my 81 Chevette, I called the air conditioning system the "emergency brake"...
Same on my Pinto. When the air kicked on you had better have your seat belt fastened.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #902 on: March 13, 2015, 05:25:50 PM »
Same on my Pinto. When the air kicked on you had better have your seat belt fastened.

My dad had a 1976 Pinto station wagon in brown, a very appropriate color.

elp_jc

« Reply #903 on: March 13, 2015, 05:33:38 PM »
I had a Pinto while in college too, while working 3 jobs to be able to pay my tuition. That was after a not-so-much-preetier Chevy Cavalier I just bought was totalled by a hit-and-run... before insurance was mandatory. I only had liability, so a total loss. Had to get something, and a '76 smoking (burning oil) Pinto it was ;D. No power anything and no A/C in a TX summer. Later bought a '76 old Toyota Corolla, which at least had A/C. It wasn't fun back then. He he.

Offline tomp

« Reply #904 on: March 13, 2015, 05:40:43 PM »
Memories.  some are good, some not so much, but sure am glad I have them.  Been driving since '65, and have never owned a muscle car,  but muscle bikes, OH YEAH, I've had them.   Can't take those memories away.... tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

sailor_chic

« Reply #905 on: March 15, 2015, 04:58:18 AM »
With a little luck, I should be paroled today and should be able to at least see my bike tonight and hopefully a milk run tomorrow.

Offline tomp

« Reply #906 on: March 15, 2015, 05:08:03 AM »
With a little luck, I should be paroled today and should be able to at least see my bike tonight and hopefully a milk run tomorrow.
Hope you have some enjoyable down time.  rode a while yesterday.  Commuting to work on it today and tomorrow.  After that, depends on the rain..tp

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #907 on: March 15, 2015, 05:22:03 AM »
It's sure nice to be riding this early in the season. Been able to put on just over 500km this last few days. The only issue is the dry eyes from the fine dust from the road salt.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #908 on: March 15, 2015, 07:36:14 AM »
It's sure nice to be riding this early in the season. Been able to put on just over 500km this last few days. The only issue is the dry eyes from the fine dust from the road salt.

The road salt is so thick around here that I can taste it in the air.    :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

sailor_chic

« Reply #909 on: March 15, 2015, 08:00:16 AM »

Beautiful scenery in your pic

Offline tomp

« Reply #910 on: March 15, 2015, 04:14:35 PM »
The road salt is so thick around here that I can taste it in the air.    :o

No road salt, but Spring has sprung here.  My commuter ride home from work today netted me 1-2 dozen squshed bugs on my windshield.  Soon the shield will need cleanings throughout even a day ride.  Hope all have a great week and get to ride as often as can.  tp

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #911 on: March 15, 2015, 07:32:59 PM »
I have NEVER seen bugs the likes of which I've seen in Texas. Folks that have never ridden there laugh when I tell them you can see the bugs on the horizon and oftentimes you have time to change lanes in order to avoid them.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline tomp

« Reply #912 on: March 15, 2015, 07:48:32 PM »
I have NEVER seen bugs the likes of which I've seen in Texas. Folks that have never ridden there laugh when I tell them you can see the bugs on the horizon and oftentimes you have time to change lanes in order to avoid them.
Welcome to Texas.  When the Love Bugs propagate, your bike and your whole body gets covered in bug Goo...Used to be crickets, decades ago, now Love Bugs. tp

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #913 on: March 15, 2015, 07:54:00 PM »
To make a long story short, in the late '80s I rode through Texas and nearly got knocked off my motorcycle by a massive bug. That thing would have had to request clearance to land at Love field....
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline tomp

« Reply #914 on: March 15, 2015, 08:01:40 PM »
To make a long story short, in the late '80s I rode through Texas and nearly got knocked off my motorcycle by a massive bug. That thing would have had to request clearance to land at Love field....
Again, welcome to Texas.  Folks say things are always bigger in TX, and our Bugs are no different.   No Lie, been here almost 65 years, and know from which I speak...... tp  dd50

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #915 on: March 15, 2015, 08:21:19 PM »
I have NEVER seen bugs the likes of which I've seen in Texas.

Welcome to Texas.  When the Love Bugs propagate, your bike and your whole body gets covered in bug Goo...Used to be crickets, decades ago, now Love Bugs. tp

Again, welcome to Texas.  Folks say things are always bigger in TX, and our Bugs are no different.   No Lie, been here almost 65 years, and know from which I speak...... tp  dd50

Now now, guys. It's not that bad here. Yeah, upon occasion we get bugs. I do believe that everybody gets them sooner or later.
Worst bugs (moths I think IIRC) I ever encountered from border to border were in Iowa (I was caged fortunately) in August, like clouds of them drifting across the road. We had to stop 5 times between gas stops just to clean the windshield and/or refill the washer reservoir.

As to what I did to my Concours today?  I went riding with friends and subjected her to sport bike springtime in Texas. There were no bugs, although at times being surrounded by all those sport bikes, it did sound like my Concours was in the middle of a hornet's nest.

Which one of these is not like the others?

Offline tomp

« Reply #916 on: March 15, 2015, 08:41:41 PM »
With all those funky super sports involved , I believe that the bugs were just avoiding your group.  Been riding here 47 years, and the bug population rises and falls throughout the years.  Couple of years ago, they were a real mess.  Hope not so much this summer. Ride on my friends.    tp

elp_jc

« Reply #917 on: March 15, 2015, 10:47:00 PM »
I caught a swarm of weird bees when traveling to Kerrville; millions of the suckers in a huge cloud I couldn't avoid. Worst clean-up I've ever done. Next worse was towards Big Bend going thru the Davis mountains (Kent to Ft Davis), right off I-10, and lots of miles until the mountain started. The road was completely covered by huge grasshoppers, which of course start jumping before you hit them. Had them absolutely everywhere too. But at least those were not that sticky to remove. And third was on one of the roads in the Big Bend area; millions of butterflies everywhere. My bike and exposed gear was completely yellow before washing it. HATE bugs ;D. But they're everywhere here in TX. Every time I travel by car or bike I have to clean windscreen/windshield and helmet (if by bike) at every gas stop... and sometimes before. Comes with the territory.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #918 on: March 16, 2015, 08:14:50 AM »
I caught a swarm of weird bees when traveling to Kerrville; millions of the suckers in a huge cloud I couldn't avoid. Worst clean-up I've ever done. Next worse was towards Big Bend going thru the Davis mountains (Kent to Ft Davis), right off I-10, and lots of miles until the mountain started. The road was completely covered by huge grasshoppers, which of course start jumping before you hit them. Had them absolutely everywhere too. But at least those were not that sticky to remove. And third was on one of the roads in the Big Bend area; millions of butterflies everywhere. My bike and exposed gear was completely yellow before washing it. HATE bugs ;D. But they're everywhere here in TX. Every time I travel by car or bike I have to clean windscreen/windshield and helmet (if by bike) at every gas stop... and sometimes before. Comes with the territory.

Stayed in Kerrville Saturday night. Glad I missed the plague of insects.

elp_jc

« Reply #919 on: March 16, 2015, 11:12:40 AM »
Stayed in Kerrville Saturday night. Glad I missed the plague of insects.
It's not bad there, but I'm 500+ miles away ;D. The worst I-10 stretch for bugs is from Van Horn to Ft. Stockton.