Author Topic: Carrying Beer  (Read 8409 times)

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
Re: Carrying Beer
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 01:28:37 PM »
Just don't take too bumpy of roads. Could make for an interesting time when you get home.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 01:48:13 PM »
Roadhound, my thoughts eggzactly!
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 01:53:49 PM »
It's quite obvious from looking at the contents of your saddlebag that someone else doesn't drink Beer. ;D

I don't drink mich light, again I was just haulin it.  The woman in the pic was scratchin' her head too when i loaded the saddlebags but again I was being a good Samaritan  :D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline this is a rv

• This is a RV
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2012, 07:27:14 AM »
On the C10 keep a eye on back of the right bag it could hit brake caliper
Jack Gindra
X-COG #43

Offline okxd45

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2012, 10:15:59 AM »
The wife and I ate at the Lancaster Brewing Co. a few weeks ago.  Pretty good food as well. Haven't had the bock yet, but i have found the 4 grain pale ale to be quite tasty.  Have a safe trip! :)
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline zsiska

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2012, 04:31:42 AM »
Heading out tomorrow morning at about 7.  Weather is supposed to be sunny and around 50 all day.  0% chance of rain (of course that was late last night and there is probably storms forecasted this morning now).  And if we end up staying the night the weather on Sunday is supposed to be about 65 and sunny with a 10% chance of rain.  Seems we picked a good weekend to go. 

I am used to taking the kids to the area each year to the train museums and all that.  Never spent any adult only time.  A buddy of mine said they actually have a cool nightlife in the city with lots of live music and such.  I have never seen such a thing.  Anybody else know of any cool places to hang out there if we stay?

Offline zsiska

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2012, 04:32:43 AM »
The wife and I ate at the Lancaster Brewing Co. a few weeks ago.  Pretty good food as well. Haven't had the bock yet, but i have found the 4 grain pale ale to be quite tasty.  Have a safe trip! :)

I will have to make another trip up there when they get their Kolsch out in a couple months. 

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2012, 09:08:13 AM »
Wish I could go with you, I'm doing spring yard cleaning tomorrow so I can have St. Patrict's weekend clear (for drinkin').  We always stay at the Soudersburg Motel on US30 at Ronks Road east of town - cheap and clean.  Jenny's Diner is right down the street and a biker bar is near it.  Check for internet specials before you go.  Never have found any "cool" places to go to.  We usually wind up eating and shopping - plus relatives are usually with us.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2012, 09:20:50 AM »
On the C10 keep a eye on back of the right bag it could hit brake caliper

Not iffn ya make the mod with the rubber spacer and bolt on the antler!
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline this is a rv

• This is a RV
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2012, 10:56:57 AM »
Not iffn ya make the mod with the rubber spacer and bolt on the antler!

Bolt the antler crack the bag. Been there done that back in 1990 on my first C10.
Jack Gindra
X-COG #43

Offline zsiska

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2012, 03:28:52 AM »
Well made it back.  We had a great time despite the fact that the temp stayed low 30s until well after noon (supposed to be 50 but never made it, at least until maybe after we made it home at 6:30).  And I only lost 2 cans of deliciousness.  One was my fault before we even left the brewery.  I had a 12 pack sitting on the seat and not strapped yet.  It slid off and one can busted when it hit the ground.  So then I had a loose 12 pack in my trunk and one busted on the ride home and I left a trail of brew down the road. 
Wish I could go with you, I'm doing spring yard cleaning tomorrow so I can have St. Patrict's weekend clear (for drinkin').  We always stay at the Soudersburg Motel on US30 at Ronks Road east of town - cheap and clean.  Jenny's Diner is right down the street and a biker bar is near it.  Check for internet specials before you go.  Never have found any "cool" places to go to.  We usually wind up eating and shopping - plus relatives are usually with us.

Frank we will be going back for a canned Kolsch run once it comes out in May (I believe).  I will let you know.  Not sure I will get to many rides in until then.  We go to closing on our house this month so I will be moving and then doing some remodeling.  Weren't really looking for a house, but this one came up and we love it.  Only problem for me is no garage.  I will miss my big garage, but at least now I can build one that suits me better.