Author Topic: I'm game.  (Read 2973 times)

Offline wally_games

• Arena
I'm game.
« on: December 19, 2013, 11:26:12 AM »
Ok, I'm game.

I'm in north central Texas and ride a 2011 Black Connie. I've been an "official" fourm member since March 2011 when I bought the bike.

I've been a fan of the Concours since about the time they came out, but never was able to pull the trigger on getting one.

I started riding motorcycles in 1977 when I was in college. A Kawi, KZ400. Moved to a Honda Magna (700) in 1984 and also had a Goldwing Aspencade in 1987. I got out of riding in the early 90's until about four or five years ago. I rode a couple of friend's bikes (BMW & Harleys) and got the itch again. Borrowed a buddy's son's FZ6 and went for a weekend ride that ended up with me catching a ride in a yellow ambulance on Hwy 4 south of Palo Pinto. Nothing too major, but I did get to buy a crashed FZ6 at a non-crashed price. :'( Fixed that up and rode it for a year before trading it in on my Concours.

Because I live out west of the DFW area, I have easy access to ride down to the Hill Country multiple times a year. The Three Sisters are a fun place to ride, especially during the week when the Harley guys aren't there. There are also quite a number of good roads in the area where I live.

I'm currently gainfully employed in the DFW area for a major oilfield related company, but my area is in manufacturing products for the military (Navy). Hope to retire early in a year or two, but we'll see how that goes. I need to get my farkling done first.
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: I'm game.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 11:29:15 AM »
Welcome, sir!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: I'm game.
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 03:57:54 PM »
WG!  :chugbeer: