Author Topic: Still waiting for tire pressure sensor  (Read 5886 times)

Offline Cheesecake

Still waiting for tire pressure sensor
« on: May 12, 2011, 11:00:27 PM »
Waiting for six weeks now and no word on when the tire pressure sensors will be available. I have a warranty replacement coming, and getting very tired of the constant two finger pokey every time it stops working. Has anyone else had problems getting a tire pressure sensor replaced this month?
2008 C-14

Bob

Re: Still waiting for tire pressure sensor
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 02:48:05 AM »
I wonder if it really is a parts shortage (maybe because of the tsunami). Or is it just a dealer issue?

Offline McJunkie

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 03:33:07 AM »
Talked to my dealer and he ordered mine last Thursday. Called me Monday and told me that the tps came in and to bring the bike in to get it swapped out. Think your dealer is screwing you.

Bob

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 04:49:21 AM »
Talked to my dealer and he ordered mine last Thursday. Called me Monday and told me that the tps came in and to bring the bike in to get it swapped out. Think your dealer is screwing you.

That was my thought. I figured that they probably have a good amount of them in the states, knowing the problems that they have had!

Offline c1obrien

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 06:58:20 AM »
Just finished getting mine replaced.

It took about two weeks to get parts. They installed one, but found the other to be defective. A week later the new one arrived and it seems to be working fine.

Offline booger

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 07:25:48 AM »
I have found all Kawasaki parts take a minimum of 2 weeks at my dealer.

But 6 weeks would kind of push my patience. :o

Offline Gearhead82

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 10:38:59 AM »
I bought my bike (new '09 leftover) from the dealership last Monday night and the dealership noticed the rear sensor wasn't working so they said they would order the part.  I just got a call this morning that the part is in and I can come up anytime to get it taken care of.  So it took them less than a week to get the part.  I'm thinking there's something going on with your dealership. . .
'09 C14, Area P Full System, BMC, Flies out, PCV

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 10:47:47 AM »
It took my dealer about 5 days to get my tire pressure sensors in.  Now I just need them to figure out to make them communicate with my bike.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 10:55:15 AM »
They have to register them to the bike based on a serial number of some sort.  Didn't they do that when they installed them?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline BS-in-KS

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 12:58:21 PM »
I had a new one put in my rear wheel about 3 weeks ago.  Due to timing and much wind I wound up trucking the bike home without them testing it first.  Turned out it wasn't working so I took it back the next Saturday and they swapped it for another one which has been working ever since.  They told me they only had one on hand initially so they either had more than one or ordered a replacement to have on hand. 

Brent S.

Offline Wild_Bill

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 01:28:26 PM »
6 weeks is way too long to get parts, there seems to be parts here in the US
Have you checked on the status and what does the dealer say is the holdup.

What dealer is ths and should they be avoided

Bill
Formerly known as Badnews_Bill

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 02:37:04 PM »
They have to register them to the bike based on a serial number of some sort.  Didn't they do that when they installed them?

Yes they got the serial numbers, but they couldn't get their computer to transfer the numbers to the ECU.  I am gonna call them tomorrow and see if they figured out the issue.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 02:57:27 PM »
Waiting for six weeks now and no word on when the tire pressure sensors will be available. I have a warranty replacement coming, and getting very tired of the constant two finger pokey every time it stops working. Has anyone else had problems getting a tire pressure sensor replaced this month?

Your dealer is screwing with you. Talk to the Service Manager, or if he's the problem, find the OWNER. Trust me, one of those two will take your complaint seriously . . . or if not, then you need to shop elsewhere for everything.