Author Topic: Headlight Bulbs  (Read 3938 times)

Offline Mister Tee

Headlight Bulbs
« on: May 15, 2011, 02:57:53 PM »
This is a proactive thread - my bulbs are fine but I'm sure eventually one will burn out and I'll need to go shopping the day it happens.  I'm perfectly happy with the performance of my headlights so I have no need to go with some exotic bulb or HID's.

My 1200RT used to eat H7 bulbs for lunch and I've replaced five or six in the 48K I've had the bike (common problem for that bike.)  The cheapest H7 bulbs seemed to work the best, in terms of longevity.  The more expensive bulbs were brighter but they didn't last as long.  Question is, does this also hold true with H4 bulbs as well?

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: Headlight Bulbs
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 03:41:42 PM »
flip a coin...you can buy the most expensive ones, or the cheapest ones, and there is absolutly no life expectancy warrentied on them by cost alone...either can crap out or run for years.
with that said, the C14 in my experience (since 7-07) is it's easy on bulbs...still running the ones that came in it. Go figure, I probably just jinxed it...but I have spares.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 05:14:54 PM »
Yep, the ones that came in it lasted about three years...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 04:36:17 PM »
Yep, the ones that came in it lasted about three years...

I am guessing that "time on" matters more than how long the bike was owned by any one person  ;)

In my case, at this rate, my bulbs will last decades :(
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline GIXXERKELLY

• come on...bark like a dog
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 07:19:01 PM »
I bought some HIDS to go on my bike
2010 Connie 14 Blue

Offline gildaguz

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 07:45:02 PM »
I bought my SLIM BALAST HID on eBay for $ 50 including shipping
2009 Non ABS Concours Black
2006 Honda VTX 1300 C candy Orange
2004 Honda Shadow  Sabre 750
1979 Suzuki 185 all terrain

Offline Conrad

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 05:30:27 AM »
The longevity of the stock bulbs are directly proportional to the number of spare bulbs that you have on hand.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn