Author Topic: Broken Race Tech Fork Spring  (Read 2835 times)

Offline this is a rv

• This is a RV
Broken Race Tech Fork Spring
« on: May 03, 2016, 11:11:13 AM »
Going to replace fork seal and found a broken fork spring.
Now I'm dealing with Race Tech to get them to warranty it. Sent them the spring's sent them photo's of the barcode from the pkg. The guy reads the barcode as 2015 build date. I tell him I put them in in 2005 could the code be 02 year 5M and 15 day?  I've been here 13 years never seen this type of barcode.

So I send all of the contact names on Race Tech web page a email. One guy comes back with build date of May 15 2002 not sold till 2005. Yes I have seen this type of barcode used here.

24 hours and no word from Louie if he will warranty them or not.

Jack Gindra
X-COG #43

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
Re: Broken Race Tech Fork Spring
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 04:05:41 PM »
Does Race Tech warranty the springs for that long? Seems like you got your use out of them.
Springs  do wear out and have to  be replaced periodically. I am on my 3rd rear spring on my 2011 KTM530 dirt bike because the spring wears out (too many wheelies with my fat a$$).
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

Offline this is a rv

• This is a RV
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 06:21:04 AM »
Good news after I got off the phone with the sales manger. She emailed me they are going to warranty them.    :)
Jack Gindra
X-COG #43

Offline timmerz

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 11:09:47 AM »
Holy Moly, that's some service...replacement after 10+ years? Glad mine are RaceTech then, though I no longer have the original packaging nor the receipt...doubt they would be as forthcoming if mine were discovered broken...but then, like Daytona said, I figure I've got my (brutal) use out of them! 300 lbs PLUS ATGATT for about 30k miles...oh yeah, they got used, and still are!  :P