Author Topic: Advanced Sport Touring? [Vendor Issues]  (Read 71711 times)

Offline Torn

Advanced Sport Touring? [Vendor Issues]
« on: April 07, 2014, 05:56:47 PM »
Anyone here had problems with orders from them or getting info on their website. I went to check on an order that I paid for extra shipping to see what its status was...and no order showing at all. My paypal verified payment and they sent an email as well.  I already got risers from them...but did not pay for extra shipping. Would like to know if paying the extra for faster shipping was worth it or not but I cant get any info on their site. Has anyone else had this problem with them?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 03:51:16 PM by maxtog »

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
Re: Advanced Sport Touring? [Vendor Issues]
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 06:22:45 PM »
I got my stuff in like 3 days(standard shipping) but that was when he was in Michigan i know he recently moved to Florida

Offline Torn

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 07:13:42 PM »
got a response from him on different forum so things should be resolved soon

Offline luxx

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 06:53:17 AM »
I ordered a set of their touring pegs because they really looked innovative, the youtube install video was well done and they seemed like something I really could use....However....

Placed my order 2 weeks ago, received paypal confirmation of order being placed and paid and - well - nothing.
I've emailed them three times and received no reply.
Don't have a phone number - they don't list one.
I did pay for 2 day shipping

Before I get my money back via paypal (which will probably cause paypal to suspend their account) Does anyone know if Advanced Sport Touring http://www.advancedsporttouring.com/Default.asp is still in business?
Anyone got a way to contact them that is not email?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 07:01:39 AM »
Here is his member profile... http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=profile;u=645

If memory serves he was in the middle of a move.

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 07:07:42 AM »
I usually can reach him fine at advancedsporttouring@gmail.com.

When we last spoke, Ryan was moving 1100 miles to Hudson, Florida.
He expected to be moved there by March 8th, but mentioned how difficult it was moving an entire business like his that far.

I've noticed threads recently where others' orders were a bit slow, but had been completed.

I agree, 2 weeks after he's recieved payment from someone is not like Ryan at all.

I'm hoping everything's ok with him, and nothing bad's happened.

These touring pegs are well worth the wait.
I absolutely love mine.
Bob
2011 C14 ABS black w/red/yellow, B.D.F lofuel W.E.,SSD h/g's,
2" setback risers, Phil's wedges/rear rack,K Gel-seat, Rostra CC, AST tourpegs, techspec, 2"droppegs, 4"droppass pegs, Fuzeblock,  7"Garmin, fenda ext, LED tag plate, Ip5S Ram mt, TMeister, Mirror LED t/s, Bestem TBox, CB HDUT w/s, TRex front/CC bag, Wolo Badboy, Tailbrights, Scala G9X, Scorpion EXO1200 Jag, PR4GT's55's, 55W Qz Dr

Offline luxx

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 07:34:17 AM »
I've sent another email with my address and phone number requesting an order status and expected ship date.  I'll give it until Friday 24 May and if I am not contacted I will get PayPal involved.

I did check his profile and a latest activity date of 8 March 2014 does not bode well.

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 02:45:29 PM »
I've sent another email with my address and phone number requesting an order status and expected ship date.  I'll give it until Friday 24 May and if I am not contacted I will get PayPal involved.

I did check his profile and a latest activity date of 8 March 2014 does not bode well.

Understood.

I have bought several things from Ryan, and he's a good guy.
He's always went above and beyond for me, and his products are top notch.

Checking back, my last contact with him was April 4th, and I was inquiring then about his progress on his new passenger armrest setup. He said it had been crazy, but he was about done with the move and up and running again.

I hope he's ok. He's always been very reliable.
2" setback risers, Phil's wedges/rear rack,K Gel-seat, Rostra CC, AST tourpegs, techspec, 2"droppegs, 4"droppass pegs, Fuzeblock,  7"Garmin, fenda ext, LED tag plate, Ip5S Ram mt, TMeister, Mirror LED t/s, Bestem TBox, CB HDUT w/s, TRex front/CC bag, Wolo Badboy, Tailbrights, Scala G9X, Scorpion EXO1200 Jag, PR4GT's55's, 55W Qz Dr

Offline Spackler

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 04:51:25 PM »
I was just getting ready to place an order with AST. I also noticed he has items listed on ebay currently.

Offline luxx

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 08:20:03 PM »
At this point I am just going to wait and see if I am contacted or if a package shows up.

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 08:37:51 AM »
I also emailed him as well.
We'll see if we get an answer.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 10:42:43 AM »

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline luxx

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2014, 12:53:15 PM »
Ok, I got a response back from him - he was in an accident (Ryan) of some sort and AST sold out of the touring peg setup while he was out, his employee's were not able to make a fulfillment rush order until Ryan returned.
This is done now and I should be getting the item soon.

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2014, 05:02:31 PM »
Ok, I got a response back from him - he was in an accident (Ryan) of some sort and AST sold out of the touring peg setup while he was out, his employee's were not able to make a fulfillment rush order until Ryan returned.
This is done now and I should be getting the item soon.

See? That's what I was afraid might have happened!
Hope he's ok. I'll probably hear from him soon then.

Glad to hear he got back with ya.
Ryan's a good man.

omcrider

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2014, 11:22:34 AM »
Sucks to here Ryan is good to work with. Kind of running a very small show over there so when he is out of town or gets tied up sometimes there is a lag on correspondence but he does come through. I think his business had picked up right in the middle of his move and that set him back and now sucks to hear he had an accident. Best of luck to him. I am rooting for his company to do well he has some good products. I ordered the new passenger floorboards from him not long ago and had to wait for his manufacture to finish first run product.

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 03:02:41 PM »
Ryan emailed me yesterday.
He was in an accident...hit a deer!
He's been laid up in the hospital.
He got to come home, tried to go back to work too soon, and ripped some stitches...had to go back to the hospital!

He did say he WILL take care of the OP, and said he's been completely off the grid for a while.

Waiting to hear back from him what he was driving/riding when he and the deer clashed...
Hope it wasn't his Connie!

Offline Steven C

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2014, 02:27:39 PM »
9 of 99

Re: Message from avenger2329@gmail.com
Inbox
   x
AST Ryan <advancedsporttouring@gmail.com>

May 26 (7 days ago)

to me
Hello,
Sorry for the delay.  I hit a deer a couple weeks back and I'm just now getting back to the land of the living.  It looks like we ran out of stock while I was gone and the guys didn't know how to produce the parts without me.  As soon as the metal gets here I'll get right on it and get the components produced.  I'll go ahead and refund the shipping cost.  Thank you for your patience.

I placed this order on May 19th 2014 with 2 day priority..as of today..nothing
Ive been trying to get a hold of them as well..this is my 1st purchase from them..and at this point..it will be my last...for those of you who have dealt with them(Ryan) im glad your experience was a positive one...mine has been anything but..apparently he has people working for him that cant function without him there
2009 Red, Two brother carbon fiber with Juice Box.
Cycle Sounds amp'd speakers.1 1/2" Risers
1 off seat. Baileys Windscreen

Offline clogan

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 04:53:52 PM »

Snip

...apparently he has people working for him that cant function without him there

I'm betting he is a one-man shop, and that man hit a deer!
2010 Neptune blue C14
2009 blue KLR
2013 DRZ400

Offline Steven C

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2014, 05:21:22 PM »
I'm betting he is a one-man shop, and that man hit a deer!
I honestly dont know..im new to him and his outfit...im only quoting what he sent me in the email
I sure do hope he is ok...as annoyed as I am over this..I sure dont wish that on anyone
2009 Red, Two brother carbon fiber with Juice Box.
Cycle Sounds amp'd speakers.1 1/2" Risers
1 off seat. Baileys Windscreen

Offline Spackler

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2014, 08:18:18 AM »
I placed an order with AST last night. Received an email this morning that it has shippes. FWIW.