Author Topic: My mini Dachshund was attacked by a Rottweiler  (Read 21903 times)

Offline snarf

• Arena
Re: My mini Dachshund was attacked by a Rottweiler
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2012, 09:04:06 AM »
Oh my!
Papa dog was supposed to be watching the pups.  I'm sure he had absolutely no part in the attack  ???

2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline Conrad

« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2012, 09:22:37 AM »
We have a Pit Bull in our neighborhood that bit a young boy last month and I almost unholstered my pistol when it ventured a little to close to me while I was mowing (I was about 30 feet from the dog).  My neighbor noticed that my mower stopped running and saw me reach towards my hip to pull my shirt up with my weak hand and started screaming at the dog to come back.  I told her that if she or the county won't take care of her dog that I would be happy to.   ;)

Your county animal control didn't do anything about that dog? The Rottie that attacked my dog (and bit me) was declared a dangerous dog by my county animal control officer and the dog was not allowed to be in public without a muzzle and on a lease controlled by an adult. The stupid owners ended up putting the dog down because they didn't want to be responsible any longer, not that there were much as it was.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2012, 09:25:14 AM »
Papa dog was supposed to be watching the pups.  I'm sure he had absolutely no part in the attack  ???

Musta been a cat hiding in the couch?   lol

Looks like they had em some fun!

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2012, 09:39:27 AM »
Your county animal control didn't do anything about that dog? The Rottie that attacked my dog (and bit me) was declared a dangerous dog by my county animal control officer and the dog was not allowed to be in public without a muzzle and on a lease controlled by an adult. The stupid owners ended up putting the dog down because they didn't want to be responsible any longer, not that there were much as it was.

Since the biting incident the dog has been outside chained up to the back deck about 99% of the time.  I think it is a bit of an escape artist and tries to roam the neighborhood, but I don't know what the ruling was by the county.  Possibly they are pending trial and the county is waiting until then to make a ruling.  I guess I could make a call to the Sheriff's dept and see what [if anything] they can tell me.  I have been in contact with the owner of the house and he had no idea his renter's even had animals so maybe the whole shady family will be gone soon.  I will pop open a beer and stand on my driveway while I give them a "friendly" send off.   ;D
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2012, 12:34:12 PM »
I can send over Chunk if they need another driver to help move.

2002 Conc

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2012, 12:35:37 PM »
Musta been a cat hiding in the couch?   lol

Looks like they had em some fun!
it could of been this one......
2002 Conc

Taff

« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2012, 02:24:42 PM »

Nothing like parental guidance (only joking)  ;D

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2012, 02:32:05 PM »
Nothing like parental guidance (only joking)  ;D
Understood completely ;D  Do you notice the complete lack of eye contact? I knew when I walked in the door that somebody was going to be in trouble  :o
2002 Conc

Taff

« Reply #128 on: May 17, 2012, 02:33:43 PM »
Understood completely ;D  Do you notice the complete lack of eye contact? I knew when I walked in the door that somebody was going to be in trouble  :o

It truly is a classic picture  ;D ;D

Taff

« Reply #129 on: May 17, 2012, 02:34:55 PM »
I can send over Chunk if they need another driver to help move.

Who needs driver edumication?  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #130 on: May 17, 2012, 02:37:05 PM »

In the dog's defense, that couch had it coming.    :o     ;)

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #131 on: May 17, 2012, 02:41:52 PM »
It was ugly as sin.  Maybe I took it all wrong; I bet it was mercy killing
2002 Conc

Taff

« Reply #132 on: May 17, 2012, 02:42:43 PM »

+1

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #133 on: May 17, 2012, 04:01:01 PM »

Yep when one of our little guys (all girls) has done something wrong I know who the guilty one is by who will not make eye contact and walks out of the room when I ask who did this..... Which is usually a turd on the bathroom floor.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Taff

« Reply #134 on: May 17, 2012, 08:48:22 PM »
Yep when one of our little guys (all girls) has done something wrong I know who the guilty one is by who will not make eye contact and walks out of the room when I ask who did this..... Which is usually a turd on the bathroom floor.

My doogie (RIP) did exactly the same  ;D ;D

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #135 on: May 18, 2012, 05:25:07 AM »
My doogie (RIP) did exactly the same  ;D ;D
Your doogie used to poop on Tony's bathroom floor?
2002 Conc

Taff

« Reply #136 on: May 18, 2012, 01:46:08 PM »
Your doogie used to poop on Tony's bathroom floor?

Badly worded response, my bad!
My doogie used to crap on my bathroom floor before she was pooped trained. Oh how I miss that little mutt  :(

Offline Conrad

« Reply #137 on: May 18, 2012, 01:50:49 PM »
Badly worded response, my bad!
My doogie used to crap on my bathroom floor before she was pooped trained. Oh how I miss that little mutt  :(

They sure have a way of setting up space in your heart don't they?

Taff

« Reply #138 on: May 18, 2012, 09:04:31 PM »
They sure have a way of setting up space in your heart don't they?

That is so right Conrad!  :thumbs:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #139 on: June 07, 2012, 11:29:29 AM »
Update on Bosco.

She's just about back to 'normal', I'd say 99.9%. Her limp is just about gone and she's back to her old self again, bossing our other two dogs around and stealing their bones away from them. She is the Queen after all.

I received two checks in the mail yesterday from the rottweiler owner's insurance company that covers our expenses. So this sad story should be at an end.