Author Topic: 16" Azaro dual compound now in production.  (Read 2086 times)

Offline gtr1000

• Arena
16" Azaro dual compound now in production.
« on: September 04, 2012, 09:25:19 AM »
Well at least it is in the UK  :).

Had an e-mail today from Avon in answer to my question about when the DC Azaro was going into production, if ever.

Hi Paul,
I have taken over from Peter McNally.
Reference the emails below, we modified the Production Spec to use Dual Compound on 9th May 2012. (Tyre week code 1912)
Thank you for your Feedback

Regards
Ash Vowles
Motorcycle Design Engineer
AVowles@coopertire.com
Tel - 01225 357220
Mob – 07770 833407
www.avon-tyres.co.uk/motorcycle

So they've been out for nearly 4 months in the UK and no one, including me, had a clue about this.

All I have to do now is find a dealer who can get one with tire code 1912 or better.

I'd suggest that you guys in the States put pressure on Avon/Cooper now that we all know a DC Azaro is available.

Paul  :)
Paul OTP (near Windsor, GB).

06 C-10, 2009 to .....
A5 C-10, 2000 to 2009.

Offline Mettler1

Re: 16" Azaro dual compound now in production.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 08:57:14 PM »
  Found this on Amazon. (Don't think this is dual compound)

http://www.amazon.com/Avon-Azaro-Sport-Touring-Motorcycle/dp/B005J6OPPG   
  If Avon is giving you a product you've been asking for it would be nice if we supported them.
  I like the Avon Azaro AV46 but the mileage could be better and so it looks like they made it better. BUY IT!! or your choices will get even smaller.               
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 07:44:09 AM by Mettler1 »
'94 Concours 112,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,Torque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators,etc

Offline Toxz Qwaste

• Arena
  • stuff & things
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 06:55:07 AM »
I've worn my old Azaro beyond the indicators while waiting for the dual-compound. After finding a 1/2" slice in the tread that went down to the carcass, I couldn't wait any longer and just installed a new one yesterday. Damn. I guess I'll have to wear this one out faster that the last one.

Offline Mettler1

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 07:31:35 AM »
  Really not sure about the Amazon ad. Be careful and make sure you get the" dual compound" tire.

P.S. After searching some more I don't think anyone in the U S  has the "Dual Compound" yet!
'94 Concours 112,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,Torque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators,etc