Author Topic: Credit Card Services  (Read 5946 times)

Offline Conrad

Credit Card Services
« on: April 17, 2012, 02:25:50 PM »
Any of you guys get calls from a 'company' called Credit Card Services offering to reduce the rates that you're paying on your credit cards?

I'm listed on the National Do Not Call list but I still get calls from these crooks. I know it's a scam and I get one or two calls from them a month. I like messing with them, just to waste their time as they do mine. If you play it right you can string them along for a while.

I just now got a call from them. I played along for a while. The guy was telling me how lucky I was to get an offer like this. I asked him how I got on his list and he told me that the CC companies reward folks with a good credit and payment history. I said so you have my records there in front of you right? He said yes. I said if that's true tell me what my name is. Silence for a few moments, then CLICK. 

:rotflmao:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline sherob

• Arena
Re: Credit Card Services
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 02:43:15 PM »
I'm surprised he didn't reply  "I know how to f*ckin drive!"   ;D
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline BackInTheSaddle

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 02:43:17 PM »
Myself and family members have gotten the same call - multiple times on both home and cell (both of which are on the Do Not Call list.  They must farm the work out to whomever can get a customer to bite because the calls have come from numerous different area codes.  On two occasions, one me and one my son, when we challenged them and asked for our numbers to be removed and there names and supervisors names, we got responses of "f@#$ you" and other such talk.  These people feel as though they can't be tracked and they obviously are not legitimate business people to use such tactics and abusive language.  This company has been written up with BBB and other public complaint ogranizations.  It seems that you can't do anything because there are so many indepenent people doing the calling, not one organization.  Although they all use the same script.  I was told that the best action is to quickly hang up.  Oh yeah, I also have gotten text messages (which I pay for) with the same story.
Don, Apple Valley, MN
2008 C-14 ABS, AeroFlow Tall, Murph's risers with wedges, Buell pegs, Zumo 590, lowered pegs, Russell Day-Long
Previous bikes 2001 Kawi C10 (RIP), and 1981 Honda CB650
http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab353/DonaldHollinger/MOTO/Map_zpse09bb1e5

Offline Stasch

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 02:52:41 PM »
I've gotten these calls to, as well as a heartfelt email from one of Mumar Khadafi's widows, something about 900,000,000 in funds that might as well go to me. 

I immediately put my resignation in at work.  A new one of everything Kawasaki has to offer is also on order.

Seriously, I think they just set up the random or sequential dialers with no regard to any 'Do Not Call' lists.

They may not even be in the country, and who's going to devote resources to tracking them down?  Most white collar crime doesn't get much attention unless you really 'Madoffa witha lotsa money'.
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 03:10:38 PM »
I just now got a call from them. I played along for a while. The guy was telling me how lucky I was to get an offer like this. I asked him how I got on his list and he told me that the CC companies reward folks with a good credit and payment history. I said so you have my records there in front of you right? He said yes. I said if that's true tell me what my name is. Silence for a few moments, then CLICK. 
There's a great audio somewhere on YouTube of a comedian pretending that the telemarketer has just called a murder scene.

Here it is:
Prank Call-Murder Scene
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline Conrad

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 03:13:05 PM »
I'm surprised he didn't reply  "I know how to f*ckin drive!"   ;D

:rotflmao:

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 03:18:03 PM »
I've put in complaints at the Do Not Call list website several times on these guys. It seems that there's nothing to be done about these crooks. That's why I like to have a lil fun with them when I can.

The time before this call I played along right up to the point of giving the woman my CC number. As she was all set to write my number down I said to her, 'do you really expect me to give you my CC info so that you assholes can rip me off? " Click.

I was in the elevator here at work once and the elevator phone rang, I answered it. Guess who it was? 

Offline Conrad

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 03:19:12 PM »
Jon,

I've heard that before, VERY funny stuff!

Offline DeansZG

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 04:57:21 PM »

Friend of mine has given some of those callers one heck of an ear ache or two by this method; Once he finds out what their gimmick is he starts talking real softly, enough so that they continually ask him to repeat himself or to speak louder. He explains that he has a sore throat & can't talk any louder & that they'll just have to listen more intently to his responses. After a minute of this he gives a blast of one of those co2 powered portable boating airhorns in the mouthpiece, & hangs up.  ;D
 One of my other friends have said "wait a minute", then sets the phone down & walks away for a couple of minutes. When he returns, 99.9% of the time there's no one on the other end.
'99 C10 "MissTriss" *sold*
'04 ZZR1200 "Sweet heart" *sold*
'81 GL1100 Interstate "Puttz"*sold*
'00 K12LT..."Battleship Galactica".....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 04:35:48 AM »
I've done the set the phone down trick. I've wanted to try talking dirty to the person when it's a woman but I've yet to get the guts up for that. Maybe next time.  :P

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 06:43:22 AM »
I've done the set the phone down trick. I've wanted to try talking dirty to the person when it's a woman but I've yet to get the guts up for that. Maybe next time.  :P
We'll all be waiting to hear about the lawsuit.   ;D
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 09:53:04 AM »
A few months ago "Rachel" was calling me every day around 11:00 am.  The last time they called I pushed "1" to speak to a person, asked what the heck it would take to have them stop calling me (I'm on the Do Not Call List) and the foreign-accented person said it would be a $27 fee to do that.  I told him that was extortion and I'd report him to the Feds.  We exchanged curses, I told him I would find out where he lives and come cut his head off and feed it to his camel, along with some other things I can't post here on this forum.  He hung up first. I then went on-line to the FTC website and filed a formal complaint, also with our State Attorney Generals Office.  I haven't heard from them since.  Really, there is nothing you or our gov't can do as they are "off-shore" so we can't touch them.

A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 09:26:19 AM »
I'm getting these calls more often now. I'm sick to freakin death of these a-holes! If I try to call the number back I get, what seems like a legitimate, recording telling me that 'I have reached a non-working number'. It goes on to give me the recording number and switch identifier, yada yada yada.

I just signed on to my cell phone account and blocked the damn number. That'll work till "Rachel" changes it again and the calls start once more.   >:(

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2012, 09:37:56 AM »
One of my other friends have said "wait a minute", then sets the phone down & walks away for a couple of minutes. When he returns, 99.9% of the time there's no one on the other end.

That's what I do some of the time. Most of the time the instant I know it is a solicitor I say not interested and hang up. But that is actually doing them a favor so they can get to the next victim faster. But when I say "one moment" and put the phone down it takes them another 60 seconds or so of waiting and makes the whole operation more expensive.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2012, 09:39:03 AM »
And BTW in answer to Conrad's original question they call me at least once a day.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2012, 09:47:25 AM »
OMG that prank call was AWESOME!!!!!!
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Conrad

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2012, 09:51:39 AM »
What's 'funny' about this whole thing is that I don't have any credit card debt that needs to have the rates reduced on.

So HA! The jokes on them. I'm not laughing though.

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2012, 11:06:56 AM »
I tie them up by saying I have 3 cards (I have none) and make small talk. Then they axe me for account #s. I rattle off a bunch of numbers and they say its not a legit #. I ask them who is holding the card-me or them? Then I ask them who they are and where they are located....click! They hang up. Funny...the calls have stopped, too.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2012, 11:13:21 AM »
On yesterdays call I made some small talk for a bit and then the guys asked me for the expiration date on my cards. I asked him if he'd like to have my account number first along with my password and log-on info to my online account plus my mother's maiden name.

I then had a few choice words for his listening pleasure.

click
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 06:23:57 AM by Conrad »

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2012, 11:18:34 AM »
On yesterdays call I made some small talk for a bit and then the guys asked me for the expiration date on my cards. I asked him if he'd like to have my account number first along with my password and long-on info to my online account plus my mother's maiden name.
He probably already had all that other stuff.   :yikes: