Author Topic: Rear Brake Pedal  (Read 18283 times)

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
Re: Rear Brake Pedal
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2011, 03:50:49 PM »
I'm going to try removing that spring to get more feeling in the pedal. I've got Murphs extender pegs, and have moved the brake pedal down pretty much as far a possible.  I still use the rear when stopping, since I ride my '02 as well and without the rear involved, I would never stop! Force of habit

I did the same adjustment and simply could not ride it that way.  I put it back to the stock position and just moved my foot when rear braking.  Eventually I just put the stock pegs back on as I have Ronnie's pegs for extended riding. 

Offline Z71

« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2011, 06:04:26 PM »
What schools did you attend that taught they were interchangeable?

You might want to ask that question of those who have problems with breaks on their cars, who grease the slip yolk on their pickup drive shafts, and who mount a wench on their truck's front bumper.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2011, 06:08:46 PM »
You might want to ask that question of those who have problems with breaks on their cars, who grease the slip yolk on their pickup drive shafts, and who mount a wench on their truck's front bumper.

That wench would be Bambi?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2011, 04:38:29 AM »

Nothing wrong with mounting a wench on the truck's front bumper, or any other area of the truck for that matter.    :P
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2011, 04:45:16 AM »
Is a wabbit driving the truck?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2011, 04:47:39 AM »

And that drives me just as crazy.  I don't think my wife would like a wench on the front of my truck.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2011, 05:11:12 AM »
And that drives me just as crazy.  I don't think my wife would like a wench on the front of my truck.

She doesn't swing that way eh Jim? Well the wench ain't for her now is it?  lol
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Pred8tor

« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2011, 11:19:48 AM »
According to what I've read, the linked brakes don't always activate BOTH brakes in all cases. With the linked brake switch set for standard linked brakes, a light application of the rear brake should not activate the front at all.  However, the front always activates the rear.  With the switch set on the higher combined setting, both always activate together.

(sorry - I forget what the setting is called to switch between linked brake modes... LOL)
2011 Kawasaki C14

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2011, 07:25:57 PM »
^^^^
  You forgot to mention the rear brake is useless!

Mike 08
Sooooo....we are about to be a Nation that makes you prove you have insurance-but it's not necessary to prove that you are indeed a Citizen of that Nation?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2011, 07:44:02 PM »
She doesn't swing that way eh Jim? Well the wench ain't for her now is it?  lol

Twit!

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2011, 09:11:10 PM »
I did the same adjustment and simply could not ride it that way.  I put it back to the stock position and just moved my foot when rear braking.  Eventually I just put the stock pegs back on as I have Ronnie's pegs for extended riding.

I think the stock pads, rated "HH", are simply too grippy to give good feel. Galfer "GG" carbon pads give more feel although they run dirty.  DP sinetered pads "GG" I believe,  are my favorite yet and improve feel a lot.

Notice how much play the brake pedal and linkage has. Especially the clevis.  In reality, it takes very little pedal movement to lock the brake if you eliminate the play in the linkage.