Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 305439 times)

Offline MrPepsi

Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #420 on: April 17, 2015, 09:20:04 AM »
X-Files, from the beginning. Yeah I went there.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #421 on: April 17, 2015, 10:41:47 AM »
Any why not?  It was a good series.

It's on Netflix.  Watching the pilot now..  Oh joy, the smoking man is there!

:thumbs:

What's interesting to me is watching the character development through the years.  I remember, sort of, how it ended and these characters on the pilot seem nothing like what they were at the end.  Well, you've created a monster in that I have to see all of them again.....now how to tell the wife?

"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #422 on: April 17, 2015, 01:52:03 PM »
Lucky for me I can watch them on my phone while I'm at work, "working."
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #423 on: April 17, 2015, 01:58:07 PM »
So can I, actually, on a large HD screen...  Work out of the home.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #424 on: April 21, 2015, 11:26:40 AM »
American Odyssey.

http://www.nbc.com/american-odyssey

Anyone watching?

So far so good. It could be a great show.    :thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #425 on: April 21, 2015, 12:04:15 PM »
Yes, we made it through episode 1 and it looked great.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #426 on: April 21, 2015, 12:04:25 PM »
Watched first 2 episodes of season 5 Game of Thrones. Still a well done series. Read that they are now going off books and will not be following the books.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #427 on: April 24, 2015, 04:05:54 PM »
About an hour from home I had lunch with a friend (and exchanged money for a windshield) followed by a local motorcycle group monthly dinner about 5 hours later. In between I thought I'd go to a cycle shop I'd heard about and never been to, and maybe take in a movie. I go to the cycle shop and they don't have what I want except for some Butler maps. So I search on my phone for some movies that will start and end in my time window and be located nearby. I decide on Monkey Kingdom since rotten tomatoes rates it high. However when I get there (on a Saturday) there are a million kids and their moms waiting to get in and see it.
Hmmmm...an old guy all by himself (me) going in there is going to look like some kind of perv just wanting to be around the little kiddies. I check the schedule and the only other showing that fits my time window is Furious Seven. Not very likely, but just to be sure I use my phone and check rotten tomatoes again and it says it's fresh with 82% of the critics giving it good reviews. What the heck, in I go.
Big big mistake.
 What a piece of ...stuff that sticks to your shoe in a dog park. Too many explosions, ridiculous fake stunts, terrible plot, and watching Dwayne Johnson and Vin Diesel trying to emote to one another was just painful. My head still hurts. I can only imagine that most of the critics gave it a thumbs up because it was Paul Walker's last movie. Next time I just think I'll go home and make the two hour round trip twice in a day.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #428 on: April 24, 2015, 07:53:58 PM »
Yet, they are insanely popular.  I've maybe seen the first one but none afterwards.  I don't plan on changing that.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #429 on: April 27, 2015, 07:30:59 AM »
Yet, they are insanely popular.  I've maybe seen the first one but none afterwards.  I don't plan on changing that.

+2 I hated the first one. A bunch of glorified criminals. When they killed the truck driver and then blamed the victim for trying to defend himself, I got so mad I haven't watched one since and still even avoid Vin Diesel because if left such a bad taste in my mouth.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #430 on: April 27, 2015, 07:45:17 AM »
Watched "Letters from Iwo Jima" for the second time this weekend. Hadn't seen it since it first came out. One of, if not the best movie Clint Eastwood ever made. Very powerful.

Then Sunday night I watched the 2014 version of "Godzilla" expecting it to be total crap and to turn it off after a few minutes. There it was on HBO Now and thought I'd just check out the special effects of the monster. But amazingly I watched the whole thing. I wouldn't say it was a great movie but far far better than the Mathew Broderick version and I found it entertaining. Some really good stars, Brian Cranston, Ken Watanabe (also in "Letters") and David Strathiirn. Even Elizabeth Olsen (one of the Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen twins) did a pretty good job.

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #431 on: April 27, 2015, 07:58:39 AM »
Two seasons of ORPHAN BLACK . Someone at work asked about it and I told them I had been watching for a while. Now everyone there is doing the catch up to this season thing. 
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #432 on: April 27, 2015, 04:19:23 PM »
The riots in Baltimore..

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #433 on: April 27, 2015, 04:28:18 PM »
The riots in Baltimore..
I heard the gangbanger leadership called a truce between each other so they could target the cops.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #434 on: April 27, 2015, 04:35:06 PM »
The riots in Baltimore..

What are they whining about this time?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #435 on: April 27, 2015, 04:49:38 PM »
Another person died in police custody...  They aren't whining, they're angry.  The police are using much restraint at the moment.  I rather think that they (police) are waiting for reinforcements, which are coming from surrounding counties and the state.  The National Guard has been put on alert.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #436 on: April 27, 2015, 04:56:02 PM »
I never did hear what they stopped the dead guy for in the first place.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #437 on: April 27, 2015, 05:59:29 PM »
I would be inclined to believe that there is no reason for a prisoner to suffer a severed spine while being transported by the police.

Even "mixing it up" with the police I can understand. The looting and destruction of private property, however, is inexcusable.

Waiting for the "internal investigation"  to conclude may be the propper course of action but it's not like we haven't seen police indiscretions swept under the rug. I bet the officers that abused the prisoner were not on the front lines of the riot force. If I was on the Baltimore PD, I would want a piece of the jackasses that caused this mess
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #438 on: April 28, 2015, 08:19:30 AM »
Looks to me like the riot leaders are banking on an "incident" to further their cause and create an excuse for the unrest, not the first time this has happened. Right now though, I'm highly suspicious of a person in custody sustaining a fractured vertebrae. In the end, sadly, the people who suffer the most are the innocent property owners that have lost or had their houses and businesses destroyed, which impacts the whole area as now people will have to go somewhere else to shop and live. If I rioted every time I disagreed with something, there would be no Cleveland. Strangely, a recent episode of "Blue Bloods" portrayed something very similar to what is happening, ironic how art imitates life, or is it how life imitates art?
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #439 on: May 01, 2015, 11:24:00 PM »
http://youtu.be/F0IaaYlOn58

http://youtu.be/yFP4J6BRVRU

you Christians are gonna have to go to church and pray and ask for penance after watching this... just saying.
I'll add, we had to do mind altering drugs in the 70's, to see what this guy made visible... if we watched that on acid, we'ed be in an asylum... well, maybe some kids would..... not me tho... I like it...

don't let your childrn watch this stuff.... it will mess them up.....  ::) ::) 8)

http://youtu.be/hekhwWGdzys

EDIT:

well, after watching all that, I stumbled upon this one... and just had to watch the whole thing.... OMG

I have never seen more people "flying" in the air than in this crowd, and the finale 'ode to Ozzie made it worth loosing sleep...

enjoy
http://youtu.be/my9Auskhj8w

« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 02:31:58 AM by MAN OF BLUES »

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..