Author Topic: Vaughan 2012 Ride  (Read 23789 times)

Offline Rocket Therapy

Re: Vaughan 2012 Ride
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2012, 04:37:07 am »
I don't own a Connie........YET, but I been doing a lot of looking and getting my Triumph Rocket III ready to sell or trade, whichever comes first. I just wanted to tell you, great thread, great pics, and great ride. I wasn't sure about highway pegs on a Connie but from owning cruisers and taking some long trips, I was gonna find a way to get some on there, by the way, how's those highway pegs????
LOL,

John

Offline Conrad

« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2012, 04:41:32 am »
$375 and a broken sensor? Nice...
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline slerickson

« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2012, 06:29:13 am »
Good thing we's packin samwiches. Tow truck gonna be an hour or so.

Be careful packin samwiches......  Just saying.  8)

Oh, did you not see that rock.  :o  Glad you had AAA.
In Loving Memory of My Wife
Ronda 1/27/63  7/16/08
MISS YOU BOO

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2012, 09:34:38 am »
And I also have a busted tire pressure senser. I don't know if riding it up on the flat bed did that or the kid that changed the tire broke it. It makes me wonder though cause he asked if I had the manual when he took it in the shop. How do you accuse or prove that? I don't, aaarrrgh.

I thought about this all night. The kid handed me the valve stem and pressure senser when he was standing at the tire machine. If that was already broke the valve stem would be long gone after loading the bike on the flat bed, driving 12 miles, and then unloading it. Hmmmmm. I called our friends in VA this morning (the ones that offered the extended warranty) and the sensor costs $187 and labor to install and program it to the ECU is $180.

I am waiting for that shop to open this morning. How do you think this conversation is going to go?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2012, 09:56:19 am »
I thought about this all night. The kid handed me the valve stem and pressure senser when he was standing at the tire machine. If that was already broke the valve stem would be long gone after loading the bike on the flat bed, driving 12 miles, and then unloading it. Hmmmmm. I called our friends in VA this morning (the ones that offered the extended warranty) and the sensor costs $187 and labor to install and program it to the ECU is $180.

I am waiting for that shop to open this morning. How do you think this conversation is going to go?

Oh I KNOW how it's going to go and I'll bet that it won't be your way... That's gonna be one hell of an expensive rear tire by the time it's all said and done.  :o

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2012, 10:26:17 am »
Oh I KNOW how it's going to go and I'll bet that it won't be your way... That's gonna be one hell of an expensive rear tire by the time it's all said and done.  :o

Well it went better then I thought, only because I bit my tongue and walked away after she sat there and told me she was out in the shop watching the kid as he changed the tire and the valve stem stayed on with nothing holding it on from the inside. Hmmmm

Gotta pick my battles, not gonna let this one ruin a great trip.

You are correct Conrad, a very expensive tire.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2012, 10:30:27 am »
Well it went better then I thought, only because I bit my tongue and walked away after she sat there and told me she was out in the shop watching the kid as he changed the tire and the valve stem stayed on with nothing holding it on from the inside. Hmmmm

Gotta pick my battles, not gonna let this one ruin a great trip.

You are correct Conrad, a very expensive tire.

That's the spirit Tom, don't let that rock, and the Yamaha shop, ruin your great trip.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2012, 03:58:28 pm »
 :( Ugh... Sorry to hear about the flat Bro, good thing for the AAA indeed!

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2012, 04:17:22 pm »
Wow!  I cannot believe how bad the yamaha shop bent you guys over!  There is no way that you broke the sensor, just by getting a flat and riding the bike onto the flatbed.  It is obvious that he either hit it with the bead of the tire or a tire iron.  I wouldn't care what the manager said, I would have went postal if they treated me like that.  Absolutely uncalled for!  [rant over]

Great pics, looks like you guys are having a memorable trip.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2012, 06:45:24 pm »
Wow!  I cannot believe how bad the yamaha shop bent you guys over!  There is no way that you broke the sensor, just by getting a flat and riding the bike onto the flatbed.  It is obvious that he either hit it with the bead of the tire or a tire iron.  I wouldn't care what the manager said, I would have went postal if they treated me like that.  Absolutely uncalled for!  [rant over]

Great pics, looks like you guys are having a memorable trip.

Jeremy she was the owner not the manager. I mentioned to her it was not a good way to run a business, but she told me she does not come to my shop and tell me how to run it. Yes, it was hard not to go postal on her.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 11:58:58 am by Tom V »

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2012, 07:37:06 pm »
Day 12 - 75 Miles. Good day to hang out in a theme park. I think I like riding my bike more than these roller coasters though. It lasts longer then a minute and a half. Hard to justify an hour wait for that quick of a ride, but still fun.

Hung out in the lazy river the majority of the day. I feel and look like a burnt raisin. 

I feel like a little kid on rides :)

For some reason I thought this ride was called Vortex. Wrong park, this one is called Aftershock. Fun ride but the big wooden one called Tremors is more fun. 

Shout out for 2nd Avenue Pizza in Sandpoint. Home of the 7lb pizza. We got a small I think it weighed half that. 

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2012, 12:48:59 pm »
Rode 95 to the Old Spiral Hwy into Clarkston, WA. Great ride rolling wheat fields as far as you can see.

Going to continue on to Walla Walla, WA for the night.

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2012, 04:37:50 pm »
Day 13 - 270 miles of wheat fields. 

Home for a night. 

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2012, 09:36:21 am »
Back in Oregon riding down the Gorge to The Dalles to visit my buddy Two Dogs. 

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2012, 08:37:26 pm »
Great pic of me and Two Dogs.