Author Topic: Lake Michigan 1000.  (Read 8389 times)

Offline rwulf

Re: Lake Michigan 1000.
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2012, 08:35:23 am »
 :)Good on ya, or how ever they say it.

Offline Mettler1

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2012, 08:35:37 am »
  Good to hear you got your ride in. I think a heated jacket liner and gloves + rain gear would be a must for me. I don't do well in the cold,wet stuff anymore! I LIKE heat!!  :thumbs: :thumbs:
'94 Concours 112,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,Torque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators,etc

Offline ManWorkinghere

• 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2012, 08:02:12 am »
I'm really glad I did it.  It was one of those "Bucket List" things.

It really was a very memorable ride. ;)

Pictures?

Well done, my friend.  Well done.
 :chugbeer:
after 2012 Rallybefore 2012 RallyCOG#9292:-)

Offline Tele130

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2012, 09:19:48 am »

Pictures?

Well done, my friend.  Well done.
 :chugbeer:

Sorry.  We never thought about taking pictures until we got home.  Since it was our "First IB Ride" we were just focused on being safe and making our time.  However, we have THREE more "Great Lake" IB ride to do.  Next summer is Lake Superior--June 22nd 2013........the longest day of the year, (daylight wise ;)).  I may be using the video camera portion of my iPhone for the next ride.

Anyone is more than welcome to join us :thumbs:.

Thanks  :chugbeer:
Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!

Offline Tele130

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2012, 09:37:27 am »
  Good to hear you got your ride in. I think a heated jacket liner and gloves + rain gear would be a must for me. I don't do well in the cold,wet stuff anymore! I LIKE heat!!  :thumbs: :thumbs:

I wore my Olympia Phantom One suit.  High Vis-Yellow, water proof and a full quilted liner.  I also wore a second quilted jacket liner under my suit.  By "Base Gear" is from FirstGear.  It's a spandex type material that's fleece lined.  Insulated leather winter gloves and my Nolan N-103 helmet,  Boots are Gaerne (Italian made tour boot) that are insulated and water proof.  I was pretty comfy.  I felt cold at the end of the ride mostly because I was tired.  I do have an older Widder heated vest with the 7 position heat troller on it.  I just can't find the two pronged female connector on-line to hook it up.  Otherwise I would have used it for sure! ;D

Doug Colton

Offline Tele130

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2012, 09:58:58 am »
I just found and ordered the battery cord for my Widder heated vest.  You'll never guess who has it.........................................................."The IBA (Iron Butt Association)Store" of all places.......... ::).  Now I find it :rotflmao:.

Doug Colton