Author Topic: ZG goes to BMW motorcycle today...  (Read 2814 times)

Offline Strawboss

Re: ZG goes to BMW motorcycle today...
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 01:42:21 pm »
Conversely, while gassing up in semi-rural KY over the weekend, a group of tweedy looking folks all driving BMW cars on their way to a track day at Mid-Ohio race course came over to me and were looking closely at my bike with furrowed brows and trying to figure it out-I got the "KMW" stickers on the fairing but still have the "Kawasaki" emblems on the tank. After about ten seconds, they all started to laugh out loud, they got it! We were all friends when I pulled out of the gas station, me with a smile on my face and them with pics and a funny story wishing me a safe trip home. 
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2012, 01:43:19 pm »
I rode out to North Houston BMW on my ST1300 to checkout a Schuberth helmet ~ 6-7 years ago.  I walked in, bombarded with bottled water, OK. :o  While I was looking at the helmets, I look out at my bike... surrounded by 3 sales guys. :o  I had McCruise, MCL Hiway Wings... lights galore... they were trying to figure out everything on it. 

After sticker shock on the helmet... I walked out and answered a dozen questions about the ST, then left.  I didn't take a test ride on a Beemer... I didn't feel dirty.  8)
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2012, 02:24:49 pm »
In all fairness to beamer, I rode a BMW S1000RR demo on a solo "torture it" ride and it was the most exciting motorcycle i have ever ridden. 

And I've ridden all the late model jap litre screamers plus owned a ZX14  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Timalan

• www.thismotorcyclelife.net
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2012, 05:43:51 pm »
Snicker...