Author Topic: Throttlemeister??  (Read 15964 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Throttlemeister??
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2011, 02:58:25 PM »
Arrived and installed today! The red stripe actually matches the kipass markings around the stove top key, maybe I'll leave it as is...  8)

Offline manowarwi

• Midwest Sport Riders
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2011, 07:58:23 PM »
My concours came with the silver throttlemeister.  The first couple of times I tried it, I didn't care for it much, but that was because I was trying to do the set while throttle engaged method.  Now I'm also getting it snug beforehand and using my pinky and ring finger to tighten it the rest of the way.  I also have a crampbuster throttle rocker which is usually all I need for comfort.

Not to sound like a broken record, but obviously its a lock, not cruise, so if you don't set it right you'll slowing creep up or down in speed especially when you hit hills.  Its great for a nice little break on long trips though.  My advice, if you are on a ride with friends, be sure to lead if you want to use it  8)
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly

2014 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC
2008 Concours - Gone but not forgotten

Offline CrashKLRtoConnie

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2011, 11:54:02 AM »
Would those that have installed the Throttlemeister agree that weight of the TM bar ends reduce handle bar vibrations significantly?

=======

I have the TM installed on the Connie and FJR 1300.

Pros:

2) The weight of the TM bar ends makes for less vibration through the handle bars when riding

Jon.
2008 C14 GTR1400 AKA "Connie"

Offline Mister Tee

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2011, 12:22:17 PM »
Would those that have installed the Throttlemeister agree that weight of the TM bar ends reduce handle bar vibrations significantly?

=======

I don't know, it's hard to say.  Vibrations in the bars seem to come and go.  I wasn't real conscious of them before I installed the throttlemeister.  I am more conscious of them now but it's probably because I have more miles on the bike.

Offline urbanstyles

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2011, 12:21:19 AM »
First off, let me apologize first off if this should be somewhere else.

I just picked up my black abs from Bristow's Kawasaki in St. Cloud, MN.  I had them install a black TM for me before I picked it up.  I am wondering whether or not I may have an installation problem.  I can lock the throttle just fine, however when I loosen it right off, I still need to manually 'encourage' the throttle to close.  It doesn't spring back to closed like it would originally do.  I didn't have time on pick up to look at it, bit I'm wondering if there may hav been an error in installation.  They were not familiar with throttlemeister at that dealership. 

Anyone able to lend expertise would be much appreciated.

Offline W14

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2011, 08:13:18 AM »
Urbanstyles,

Your throttlemeister was not installed properly. When the throttlemeister is turned to the off position, your throttle should spring right back.  The installers did not include the right combination of washers.  Since you paid to have this done, suggest you take the bike back and get them to add or remove washers until they get the right combination.  Or, you could do it yourself. I am mechanically challenged; I installed the throttlemeister, and it works fine.

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2011, 08:19:08 AM »
Urbanstyles,

Your throttlemeister was not installed properly. When the throttlemeister is turned to the off position, your throttle should spring right back.  The installers did not include the right combination of washers.  Since you paid to have this done, suggest you take the bike back and get them to add or remove washers until they get the right combination.  Or, you could do it yourself. I am mechanically challenged; I installed the throttlemeister, and it works fine.

Uhhh . . . no. If they screwed it up the first time on something this simple, why give them a second chance? Besides, this is so simple that my dog could do it if he could spin a wrench. Use a T-handle hex head to remove the TM. See how many washers are installed (they come in 2 thicknesses; did you get the TM instructions?). Take a washer or two off, reinstall, try again.

I did this 3 times to find the right combination for me of 3 shims. Took all of 5 minutes including time spent "listening" to my wife about something or other blah blah blah.

Offline Kazairl

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2011, 03:22:14 PM »
If it is still dragging on the throttle when the TM is turned to the fully off position he needs to add shims not take anymore out.

Another thing to check is throttle cable adjustment. It could be set a little tight but more than likely they didn't install the TM correctly.

Offline JetJock

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2011, 02:01:57 PM »
If it is still dragging on the throttle when the TM is turned to the fully off position he needs to add shims not take anymore out.

Another thing to check is throttle cable adjustment. It could be set a little tight but more than likely they didn't install the TM correctly.

You're right. He needs to add a washer or two or three. Maybe the dealer mechanic looked at all the extra shims included and goes, "Cool, freebies for me!"

Offline urbanstyles

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2011, 02:44:47 PM »
You guys were right.. took it off, removed one thin and added a thick, put it back together and it works like a hot damn. I should have just installed it in the first place.. it only took 2 minutes to fix.

Offline JetJock

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2011, 02:54:46 PM »
You guys were right.. took it off, removed one thin and added a thick, put it back together and it works like a hot damn. I should have just installed it in the first place.. it only took 2 minutes to fix.

Told ya. Glad it works for you now.