Author Topic: Nylon Fasteners  (Read 3796 times)

Offline TallyRex

Re: Nylon Fasteners
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2014, 08:10:57 am »
I've got some fasteners there but I'm not at all sure what fasteners he's talking about.  When I dropped mine on the left side it broke the fastener that holds the bottom section together in the front of the bike below the rad.

Ok, figured it was a 2012 from the OP's intro...  Someone else will have to chime in on the fasteners.  I've got an 08, the fairing is different on the 10+ models.

A black cat tried to cross my path the other day and I heard a thud, but never went under my wheel..  Ended up breaking those 2 rivets on the bottom of my 12 fairing.  My bike went from "showroom condition" to "like new", and the cat only has 8 lives left.

Offline Dodgedoc

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2014, 06:42:11 am »
you can find them at an automotive body shop that does Jap. cars, just see one of the technicians.
We would not be here now if we did not leave there then

Offline NCR

• That'll do Pig
    • Face Book
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2014, 11:56:27 am »
Lowes have the perfect and IMO better more sturdy Plastic Rivets than OEM. $1.09 for a pack of 2. Stock# 138318 1/4 Nylon Push.The head is slightly larger but a perfect fit. No dealer markup  :D Never would guesses to find it at Lowes. Thanks Forum ! BTW I bought 3 packages. I broke one before taking fairing off and paid " The Man " at the dealership.