Author Topic: Adjusting head bearings.  (Read 9218 times)

Offline timsatx

• Arena
Re: Adjusting head bearings.
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2012, 03:28:02 pm »
Do you know which version of the Concourier it is in?

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2012, 03:19:03 pm »
SPRING 07' ?

30 YEARS OF KAW.....

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2012, 11:00:14 am »
Cool, thanks.

Does anybody have an idea what the cost for the dealer to do the bearing? I am just curious as I already know I wouldn't have the money for it but I am interested in the savings.

Offline Daytona_Mike

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2012, 05:01:51 pm »
Cool, thanks.

Does anybody have an idea what the cost for the dealer to do the bearing? I am just curious as I already know I wouldn't have the money for it but I am interested in the savings.
One  Kawasaki dealer here said that nothing ever goes wrong and they never need adjusting.
Hmm.. that tells me they   either don't want  to do it  or don't know how to do it.
Maybe that is why they went under and closed.
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2012, 06:11:50 am »
Just the way money is right now I am probably not going to try and replace my bearings. Besides the money I also really have no problem with that part of my steering. What I have a problem is with my spring which I have a replacement for. I will have to buy a tool to tighten it but I really can't afford right now to buy the bearing, a bearing puller and Driver. So I will open it up and clean and re-lube them.

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2012, 04:36:58 am »
Just the way money is right now I am probably not going to try and replace my bearings. Besides the money I also really have no problem with that part of my steering. What I have a problem is with my spring which I have a replacement for. I will have to buy a tool to tighten it but I really can't afford right now to buy the bearing, a bearing puller and Driver. So I will open it up and clean and re-lube them.

I get the money thing, all of us do. The bearing can be had from Murph for $36.50, the driver can be rented for "free" from most retail auto parts places, and some of the better places may also have the puller. Not proud of this, but I bought the puller from HF, gently used it, repackaged it and returned it. No questions asked.
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2012, 06:18:25 am »
That is just naughty  ;)