Author Topic: New Goldwing StreetGlide  (Read 27839 times)

Offline booger

Re: New Goldwing StreetGlide
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2013, 03:37:20 PM »
Guys, I rode one for a short ride this past Friday.  This might be my next motorcycle.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2013, 03:41:33 PM »
Reverse?

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2013, 04:43:24 PM »
Rhino,

Apex...although, I'm guessing all of them have one on the floor by now...was in Rocky Mtn the same day...but, didn't even notice the sales floor...same deal at Fay Myers on Friday...

Not surprised. Apex sells a lot of wings. I would expect them to be one of the first dealer in CO to get one. But this blizzard is going to keep me from the dealers this week.

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2013, 07:24:29 PM »
Yes on the electric reverse.
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2013, 07:42:06 AM »

Welcome back Mike.  Why didn't you bring some warm weather up with ya?? ??? ;D

So did they really remove the Cruise Conrtol system?

It was cool down there and I got crap about bringing the cold down there!

Unsure about the cruise.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2013, 08:35:19 PM »
I like it as well. Knobbies are a bit of overkill though.

Not big on the knobbies either, but the rest of bike oozes sexy.  8)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Frontier

« Reply #106 on: March 28, 2013, 06:31:28 AM »
After spotting the new F6B online I stopped by my local Honda dealership to see if they had one in stock.
Sure enough they had several.
Low seat and very comfortable seating position- most comfortable bike I've ever sat on.
Despite its weight the F6B feels no heavier than our Connie given its super low center of gravity.
Personally I really like the looks of it as that's what brought me in to check it out.
We've been looking for something more comfortable to ride over long distances and this might be it.
The F6B is a bit pricey though as it's within $1000 of the 2012 Hemi Ram Express I purchased new last year..
If only we could get our beloved C14 to this level of comfort.

We're going to go test ride the F6B this Saturday if the weather holds.

Offline rush2112

• Arena
« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2013, 11:23:42 AM »
After spotting the new F6B online I stopped by my local Honda dealership to see if they had one in stock.
Sure enough they had several.
Low seat and very comfortable seating position- most comfortable bike I've ever sat on.
Despite its weight the F6B feels no heavier than our Connie given its super low center of gravity.
Personally I really like the looks of it as that's what brought me in to check it out.
We've been looking for something more comfortable to ride over long distances and this might be it.
The F6B is a bit pricey though as it's within $1000 of the 2012 Hemi Ram Express I purchased new last year..
If only we could get our beloved C14 to this level of comfort.

We're going to go test ride the F6B this Saturday if the weather holds.

I too sat on one over the weekend. Really like the looks of it and it was extremely comfortable, especially for a big guy like me. They showed me one in the back that they build for a LEO (personal bike I think). Black with the taller windscreen (smoked) and installed the fog lights. Looked bad-a$$!

I think it was a BIG mistake taking the cruise control off the bike. He said that if they were to attempt to install the regular Goldwings cruise controll that it would probably be around $2k to do it. No self-canceling turn signals would have been nice. And the fact you had to buy the upgraded version to get the center stand baffled me. The only other thing you get with the upgraded version was the passanger backrest. This version was $2k more than the base model.

I really thought about getting one of these but may wait to see if they change these things for the next model year. The dealer said there are a lot of customers complaining about the same things I mentioned. So maybe they'll get changed...
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

Offline CADMAN97

• 2010 C14 ABS
« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2013, 10:04:22 PM »
I too sat on one over the weekend. Really like the looks of it and it was extremely comfortable, especially for a big guy like me. They showed me one in the back that they build for a LEO (personal bike I think). Black with the taller windscreen (smoked) and installed the fog lights. Looked bad-a$$!

I think it was a BIG mistake taking the cruise control off the bike. He said that if they were to attempt to install the regular Goldwings cruise controll that it would probably be around $2k to do it. No self-canceling turn signals would have been nice. And the fact you had to buy the upgraded version to get the center stand baffled me. The only other thing you get with the upgraded version was the passanger backrest. This version was $2k more than the base model.

I really thought about getting one of these but may wait to see if they change these things for the next model year. The dealer said there are a lot of customers complaining about the same things I mentioned. So maybe they'll get changed...
Yeah they got rid of reverse too...because 842lbs is just soo easy to back out of a parking spot with a slight decline  ???  Be carful where ya park :banghead:
1998 Honda Magna--->Sold | 2003 Yamaha FZ1--->Sold | 2003 Honda VFR800--->Sold | 2010 Honda VFR1200--->Sold | Kawasaki C14--->SOLD | 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000--->Current | 2014 Yamaha FJR 1300ES--->Current