Author Topic: Gun in the house  (Read 13251 times)

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
Re: Gun in the house
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2012, 06:16:08 pm »
I have not been asked this question, but if I were, my answer would be:  "Well, no, there are no guns in my house. I am wearing all of them right now."
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline Lone-Rider

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2012, 06:16:16 pm »
A Dr. asked me the question once and my reply was "Does your wife like it in the butt?" I could tell I shocked him and I followed up with "Too personal? Well, that has about as much relevance to our business here today as whether I have guns in the house."

He never asked a second time.

Offline booger

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2012, 06:26:07 pm »
I would reply in my most irritated voice "none of your damn business".

Pokey, my answer would be "no Agent Asshole, I no longer own any of the 250+ guns I have bought in the past 40 years"

Offline booger

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2012, 06:50:30 pm »
If I have to explain what Durham County, NC is, you won't understand.. 8)

Ooo, Ooo, Ooo, Mr. Kotter I know.  Durham County, NC .  That's where the Ruby Ridge incident........no, that's in Northern Idaho.

It was the David Koresh and the Branch Dividians..........no, that was outside Waco, Texas.

I'm confused.  What significance is DurhamCounty, NC?

Offline Leo

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2012, 07:40:30 pm »
I do not know who, if anybody, is having the Medical people ask this question.  I have been hospitalized 3 times this year at two different hospitals because I keep having heart attacks.  I have been asked that at both different hospitals, it was on one of the insurance forms and the cardiac rehab place wanted to know.  The place that did my stress test wanted to know if I was a hunter, police officer or in the military. I just told them "no".  That is my short slang for "no I will not answer that question"
Yep, still riding the old one

In Indiana, missing Texas

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2012, 08:05:26 pm »
Pokey, my answer would be "no Agent Asshole, I no longer own any of the 250+ guns I have bought in the past 40 years"

Or yes.......I have guns buried all over the state of Ohio, and some out of state too.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2012, 09:11:09 pm »
A Dr. asked me the question once and my reply was "Does your wife like it in the butt?" I could tell I shocked him and I followed up with "Too personal? Well, that has about as much relevance to our business here today as whether I have guns in the house."

He never asked a second time.

:o ??? :-\

Offline midnightrider

• Arena
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2012, 10:38:44 am »
That question is on the questionare I fill out at my annual physical each year. My doctor says its the insurance company that wants to know. He is an avid hunter and shooter like the rest of us and doesn't like it, but the insurance company reguires it for a physical. I always leave it blank.
2004 C10 RIP

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2012, 11:01:41 am »
It has to do with laws concerning domestic violence. Theres all sorts of forms and paperwoork that needs done when a patients checks into a hoospital. Some docs ask as part of their protocols, some insurance companies ask, etc... They ask questions to all patients about if they feel threatened, do they live alone, are they afraid to go back home, does anybody want to hurt them and so on, the gun question is included as part of the law passed. Not sure if its part of a grand plan, I'm sure folks who want could glean info off it, but as always deny, deny,deny.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline ARS

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2012, 05:01:37 pm »
Maybe I'm a glass is half full guy.  Many of us don't give humanity enough credit.  If our economy crashed, or a physical disaster strikes most people would strap up their boots and pull together, not apart.  I for one will not live my life in a constant state of fear, if the big meteor is about to render us extinct I'll be watching it come in my lawn chair with a beer in one hand and a fine cigar in the other. 

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2012, 05:05:41 pm »
Maybe I'm a glass is half full guy.  Many of us don't give humanity enough credit.  If our economy crashed, or a physical disaster strikes most people would strap up their boots and pull together, not apart.  I for one will not live my life in a constant state of fear, if the big meteor is about to render us extinct I'll be watching it come in my lawn chair with a beer in one hand and a fine cigar in the other.

I put little faith and trust in mankind, and who that has posted lives in a constant state of fear?
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline ARS

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2012, 05:12:46 pm »

Or yes.......I have guns buried all over the state of Ohio, and some out of state too.

Need I say more?

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • "One Slip" Momentary Lapse of Reason --Pink Floyd
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2012, 05:20:13 pm »
... If our economy crashed, or a physical disaster strikes most people would strap up their boots and pull together, not apart. ...

I think that's generally true. All went fairly well in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Some couldn't get fuel for their generators on the second(?) day though. What if it was longer? A larger area damaged?

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2012, 06:15:55 pm »
We'll see how long that kumbya stuff lasts when the horsemen ride.
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline ARS

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2012, 06:26:28 pm »
. . .and there will be more disasters like Sandy or probably even worse.  I have no issue with being prepared.  I'm prepared.  Being ready for short term disaster is everyone's responsibility, but burying guns ??  I guess if this gives you peace of mind. . .you go guy.  Perhaps I'm turning this string to the South, but the level of paranoia in this country created by the media and internet has gone out of control. 

" kumbya" . . ."horsemen" really??   :deadhorse: