Author Topic: Knock Off levers from Hong Kong.  (Read 14653 times)

Offline Tele130

Knock Off levers from Hong Kong.
« on: May 31, 2011, 10:32:38 AM »
I decided to take a risk and order a set off eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290519791573&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I placed the order on May 15th and received them today, not too bad all things considered ;D.  I'm pretty impressed with them considering the price I paid ($40.94) shipped!  I wanted to keep the look kind of subdued so I went with the Black levers with the Red adjusters.......................kinda ties in with the red strip around the Throttlemeisters.

Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!

Offline COGnosticat0r

Re: Knock Off levers from Hong Kong.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 12:41:35 PM »
I got some and the hole where the pin goes into was too small and it made the clutch slip. That was two months ago and I am too lazy to bore the hole out bigger.

Make sure yours is ok, it looks fine until you do a WOT, then you will know

Hopefully yours is ok
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 03:28:50 PM »
Other than maybe a bit more adjustability and some more leverage, why change out the factory items? Just curious as mine work fine for me.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 03:50:17 PM »
Other than maybe a bit more adjustability and some more leverage, why change out the factory items? Just curious as mine work fine for me.

If designed anywhere near as good as Pazzo Levers not only do you get more adjustabilty you get a tighter fit and overall feel as they have less slop in them. Plus they look good ok....
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline DarrellB

• Arena
  • If your going to ride. Ride. Forget the trailer
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 08:05:54 PM »
I agree they do look good.
02 Connie with 06 Skin

Offline Tele130

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 09:44:43 PM »

My stockers worked well too. The forward edge of these levers are wider and flat compared to the stock levers. They have a very nice feel to them. The feed back from the brake lever is greater than stock. Of course I'm running braided S/S lines and ZRX 6 pot calipers so that set up is a totally different world by it self!

Doug Colton

Offline Tele130

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 09:49:52 PM »
I got some and the hole where the pin goes into was too small and it made the clutch slip. That was two months ago and I am too lazy to bore the hole out bigger.

Make sure yours is ok, it looks fine until you do a WOT, then you will know

Hopefully yours is ok

That's strange. The only thing I had to do was grease the screw head bolt body and transfer the brass barrel from the stock clutch lever (the pin from the Resivior fits in it) and tighten the nut on the lower side. 10 min tops.

Doug Colton

Offline ATC Buckeye

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 05:24:30 AM »
I have them too, and am also very happy with them.  Exactly the same as a pair of ridiculously priced Pazzos I had on a VStrom.

Offline Tele130

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 08:44:02 AM »
I have them too, and am also very happy with them.  Exactly the same as a pair of ridiculously priced Pazzos I had on a VStrom.

Hey, ATC Buckeye.  I'm coming back home to Ohio on Thursday June 9th.  Final destination is Akron/Cuyahoga Falls.  Bummer is I gota drive my van :-[.  Any chance of meeting up say early afternoon?

Doug Colton

Offline SamSam

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 09:24:41 AM »
Any preference between shorty nad standard size??
Sal Sammartino 
2006 connie, 2001 connie (lost in fire)
COG #6191; If you didn't have a good time it was your own fault!

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 10:41:45 AM »
That's strange. The only thing I had to do was grease the screw head bolt body and transfer the brass barrel from the stock clutch lever (the pin from the Resivior fits in it) and tighten the nut on the lower side. 10 min tops.

Chinese quality control, or lack there of
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 10:42:56 AM »
Any preference between shorty nad standard size??

If you don't mind using 2 fingers then the shorty work great.  I had shorties on my sport bike, but got the regular for the C14. Some people prefer the shorty for brake and long for clutch
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14

Offline qman

• Autobahn Motors
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 11:54:29 AM »
The listing is for the late model connie, does anybody know if they will fit the early bikes? I have an 86 that's not adjustable and I have relatively short fingers, so being able to adjusdt them closer to the bar would be a big help for me.
Thanks
Rob

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2011, 06:10:01 AM »
I bought a set yesterday the same colors as you did. I will let you know how it goes. The price is so low if they dont work I can toss them.
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2011, 06:31:01 AM »
The listing is for the late model connie, does anybody know if they will fit the early bikes? I have an 86 that's not adjustable and I have relatively short fingers, so being able to adjusdt them closer to the bar would be a big help for me.
Thanks
Rob

Yes they are interchangable between all years; many early model bikes would get their levers changed out for later models so that they could have adjustable levers.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline qman

• Autobahn Motors
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 09:31:55 AM »
Yes they are interchangable between all years; many early model bikes would get their levers changed out for later models so that they could have adjustable levers.
Thank you Mr. Stick and Shifter man! ;D
That's the good news I wanted to here!
Regards
Mr. Stubby Fingers

Bob

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 09:37:47 AM »
If you don't mind using 2 fingers then the shorty work great.  I had shorties on my sport bike, but got the regular for the C14. Some people prefer the shorty for brake and long for clutch

That's what I run with my Pazzo's

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2011, 05:40:16 PM »
I just received my set directly from Hong Kong...I have a set of real Pazzo levers on my other bike (sv 650), but did not feel like dropping 179.00 right now, so Chinese it is.  They ended up being 44.00 total.

I bought silver levers with black adjustors since its very hard for people to mess up the color.    Both sets feel great.  I doubt I coudl tell the difference in a blind test.  If anything, the tolerances on the knock-off levers feel better.  Less play and extremely crisp adjustments.

I'd love to see the country of origin from other high-end levers.  I'm guessing several may be from china and re-branded.

Offline dude412

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 07:20:50 PM »
I've had my levers for a couple weeks now and like them alot more than stock. I got the black with red adjusters for my 02.

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2011, 08:10:30 PM »
I've had my levers for a couple weeks now and like them alot more than stock. I got the black with red adjusters for my 02.
I got the same colors and they arrived last week. Kinda fun because I forgot I had ordered them it was so long ago.  I guess I am getting old enough now  to wrap my own xmas gifts and still be surprised when I open them.
I put mine on yesterday. They look very nice and feel great. No issues with installation.
Thanks Tele130 for sharing.
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle