Author Topic: Sent my ECU to Guhl ...... and just got it back....  (Read 18994 times)

Offline sas mayhem

Sent my ECU to Guhl ...... and just got it back....
« on: February 09, 2013, 07:01:44 AM »
When I spoke with Don I told him I wanted the latest map they had  for a slip on exhaust (Two Brothers) and a K&N filter.  I did'nt have him mess with the rev limit. I sent it om a Monday and had it back here in NC on Friday. I took her for a 10 mile spin yesterday and gang if your on the fence about getting this mod, jump off and get it done.  The off idle acceleration is so smooth, gone is that little choppiness and sluggishness at low rpm's. Driving in traffic (city) I can cruise in 2nd at a low range and just tickle the throttle to pass, no more shifting in the city,  the engine now pulls so effortlessly you might not  know that your doing 55 in a 35.....  in a low gear. And on the highway silky smooth into the triple digit (safely). This is easily the best bang for buck and you don't even get your hands dirty.

Now this morning on my way to work it was 34 degress riding at a GPS corrected 80 mph, tach was under 3900 rpms I was pulling 33-34 mpg which is about 2-3 mpg more than what I had before the reflash.
I slowed down to a steady GPS corrected 75 mph, tach was barely on 3600 rpm and I was pulling down 37-39 mpg. which again is 2-3 mpg more that what I had.
 Well done Done Guhl  :great:
http://guhlmotors.com/

Cheers
Ron

09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: Sent my ECU to Guhl ...... and just got it back....
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 08:50:01 AM »
Nice post. I've heard nothing but incredible things from the ZX14 and ZX10 crowd that has had the flash done there
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 09:10:03 AM »
I am glad you are enjoying the bike so much more, sounds like a great mod.  Is this the flash that primarily has the secondary butterflies open sooner?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 09:54:19 AM »
Most Excellent, SAS! :thumbs: :goodpost:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 04:42:57 PM »
Thanks for the feed back on the re-flash. I'm one of those fence sitters. I'm waiting the pull the trigger on a Area P slip on and want to add the re-flash at the same time. Just need to save a few bucks to do it at the same time. What did the re-flash cost you? I can't seem to find any price on his website.

Offline shreveportSS

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 09:07:38 PM »
Thanks for the feed back on the re-flash. I'm one of those fence sitters. I'm waiting the pull the trigger on a Area P slip on and want to add the re-flash at the same time. Just need to save a few bucks to do it at the same time. What did the re-flash cost you? I can't seem to find any price on his website.
+1 on price?
2011 Concours 14
2011 ZX1000GBF Ninja. Died Dec. 1st, 2012
2012 ZX1000HBF Ninja.

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 05:41:39 AM »
Doh!!! My bad, price was 375.00 and well worth it.

Cheers
Ron
09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 07:39:25 AM »
Fairly inexpensive as farking goes...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 08:28:15 AM »
Fairly inexpensive as farking goes...

Agreed.  It is software, so we are talking about them taking 5 minutes to unpack it, plug it in, press a button, then repack it.  So in that regard it seems expensive.  But for what it DOES, it still sounds like a good value (especially if you compare to the labor of pulling the flies out).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline pistole

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 08:51:36 AM »
and the time spent developing the mapping ? Thats not 5 minutes of work ..

Offline shreveportSS

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 08:52:08 AM »
Doh!!! My bad, price was 375.00 and well worth it.

Cheers
Ron

Thanks, Looks like I need to call them first chance I get.
2011 Concours 14
2012 ZX1000HBF Ninja.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 08:53:38 AM »
As will I...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 10:32:29 AM »
and the time spent developing the mapping ? Thats not 5 minutes of work ..

Of course.  But that is the nature of music, video, software, etc.   You have to guess what to set the price so you can cover your initial costs but not so high as to push people away.  Once the initial costs are covered, all the orders that follow are 95 to 99% profit.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 10:34:20 AM »
Thanks, Looks like I need to call them first chance I get.

I am actually a little scared of what the bike would be like without the flies choking it at lower RPM's.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 01:54:14 PM »
I am actually a little scared of what the bike would be like without the flies choking it at lower RPM's.
It's awesome.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 02:38:40 PM »
I've decided that I'm going to do it this spring...

Offline katata1100

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 02:47:31 PM »
Anyone know what a stock bike with a guhl reflash, what 1/4 mile time it can post?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 04:05:12 PM »
If the reflash had been an option at the time I was doing mine I would have gone that route instead of pulling the flys and adding a piggyback. If I had a bike with traction control it would definitely be a reflash. However you disable the secondaries, the results are dramatic when you whack the throttle in the lower gears. If you're still on the throttle into third it all becomes a moot point.

Offline shreveportSS

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 05:04:18 PM »
I have 240+ pounds to reign it in with.
2011 Concours 14
2012 ZX1000HBF Ninja.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 05:40:41 PM »
I have 240+ pounds to reign it in with.

Not me... I am only 155!