Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 583475 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #3405 on: September 07, 2020, 01:29:14 pm »
This is a pretty well known logo for the band Crosby, Stills and Nash.

What is surprising about it is who designed it- Phil Hartman. Yep, Phil Hartman of SNL and The Simpsons fame ('You may remember me from such films as.....'). Mr. Hartman had a successful career as a graphic artist before he started to experiment with comedy and improv.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3406 on: September 07, 2020, 02:10:21 pm »
Wow!
"LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home, 2016 RM traded in.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3407 on: September 07, 2020, 04:02:04 pm »
I don't think I've seen that logo....must not have made it to flyover country.
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3408 on: September 07, 2020, 05:28:20 pm »
This is a pretty well known logo for the band Crosby, Stills and Nash.

Funny you should mention them- I like lots of their songs.  Just last weekend, I decided to listen to everything that Stephen Stills did, solo (99% of it for the first time; thanks, Spotify).  His earlier stuff was "OK" but nothing I would really want to listen to.  His later stuff was even less interesting.

I will give David Crosby solo stuff a chance next, although I am not expecting much.

Let's not forget about Neil Young.  His solo work was far more interesting, and I did seek out a good amount of his work.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #3409 on: September 07, 2020, 05:47:41 pm »
All of them did both solo work as well as fronting for other, pretty popular and well known groups. Check out Stills in Buffalo Springfield.

That said, I personally like their work together the best, especially CS&Y (Neil is optional with me). Like Simon & Garfunkel, they simply harmonize together fantastically well.

Neil Young is probably my personal favorite as a solo act though still not all that wonderful IMO. But he is extremely skilled and best approaches the fabled one- man band.

Funny you should mention them- I like lots of their songs.  Just last weekend, I decided to listen to everything that Stephen Stills did, solo (99% of it for the first time; thanks, Spotify).  His earlier stuff was "OK" but nothing I would really want to listen to.  His later stuff was even less interesting.

I will give David Crosby solo stuff a chance next, although I am not expecting much.

Let's not forget about Neil Young.  His solo work was far more interesting, and I did seek out a good amount of his work.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com