Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 345181 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #1875 on: January 13, 2019, 07:30:33 am »
One of my very favorite definitions: 'Tact, the act of rubbing out another's mistake rather than rubbing it in.'. Not to say that you made any mistakes, just that the overall sentiment in that line applies I think.

If that idea is expanded a little more to include manners and a reasonable amount of respect for other people, the world would be a better place. It sounds really odd to say, but I believe this is true: things like mass shootings are nothing but bad manners 'writ large'.... seriously. Imagine how much better things would be if all of us made, oh, perhaps a 20% effort to simply be nice and respect other's. I mean while driving, being neighbors, shopping in a store, etc. etc. instead of making what all too often seems like an 85% effort to be obnoxious and punish anything even remotely perceived as the slightest misbehavior. I certainly do not claim to have reached this level of continuous behavior but mostly I do try.... as I suspect the vast majority of people do. Remember, it is only a very small fraction of the population that ever makes 'the news' and that is almost always with some type of..... er, 'misadventure'.

Anyway, back to your normally scheduled broadcast of 'What makes me crazy and annoyed....'.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Brian

Why thank you, Brian. You sanitized that nicely.    ;)

You left out one small but very non vocal voting group. The non voting populace.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1876 on: January 13, 2019, 07:35:13 am »
That's the problem right there, Brian. We shouldn't have to 'try to be 20% nicer and respect other's'. This should come naturally. I know, I know. A perfect world and all that ****...

:)

One of my very favorite definitions: 'Tact, the act of rubbing out another's mistake rather than rubbing it in.'. Not to say that you made any mistakes, just that the overall sentiment in that line applies I think.

If that idea is expanded a little more to include manners and a reasonable amount of respect for other people, the world would be a better place. It sounds really odd to say, but I believe this is true: things like mass shootings are nothing but bad manners 'writ large'.... seriously. Imagine how much better things would be if all of us made, oh, perhaps a 20% effort to simply be nice and respect other's. I mean while driving, being neighbors, shopping in a store, etc. etc. instead of making what all too often seems like an 85% effort to be obnoxious and punish anything even remotely perceived as the slightest misbehavior. I certainly do not claim to have reached this level of continuous behavior but mostly I do try.... as I suspect the vast majority of people do. Remember, it is only a very small fraction of the population that ever makes 'the news' and that is almost always with some type of..... er, 'misadventure'.

Anyway, back to your normally scheduled broadcast of 'What makes me crazy and annoyed....'.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Brian
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1877 on: January 13, 2019, 09:33:02 am »
That's the problem right there, Brian. We shouldn't have to 'try to be 20% nicer and respect other's'. This should come naturally. I know, I know. A perfect world and all that ****...

:rotflmao:   ::)
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1878 on: January 19, 2019, 11:27:34 am »
What makes me crazy and annoyed..

Stupid nose bleeds in the winter that seem to never go away (especially in the morning on waking).  I even have a whole-house humidifier!  I think I will buy one to use next to the bed and one for work...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1879 on: January 19, 2019, 02:27:09 pm »
I often make a conscious effort to think of another's flaw / miss- deed / bad driving etc. etc. as a momentary error rather than something done on purpose. It is my choice to NOT be offended by an action that I could take as simple stupidity or even a little error or a purposeful thing designed to annoy others. Of course I respond differently depending on how I chose to perceive the exact same event. That is what I meant by being 20% nicer.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #1880 on: January 19, 2019, 05:07:48 pm »
I've been trying, and truthfully any improvement is good..
I just had to laugh thinking about Braveheart...

Not safe for work...don't click the link, if an "R" rated word is an issue to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49V1zgQTEO4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRaDhX9PbvQ

the older I get, the more I try to be patient and understanding....

someday, peace and love will be a normality on earth, I don't think humans and any quadrapeds will be alive then, but the common roach may prevail. At least that is a hope.

30 YEARS OF KAW.....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1881 on: January 19, 2019, 05:47:00 pm »
Cockroaches need love too.
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #1882 on: January 23, 2019, 07:37:20 am »
People driving around without their headlights on at dusk and even after total dark.  It seems to be an epidemic around here lately.  I've read it's partly because instrument panels are lit all the time now, so there is no easy indicator that you are driving in the dark.  Use the automatic lights on feature people!

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1883 on: January 23, 2019, 08:57:02 am »
OMG it has gotten really bad
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1884 on: January 23, 2019, 03:33:17 pm »
People driving around without their headlights on at dusk and even after total dark.  It seems to be an epidemic around here lately.  I've read it's partly because instrument panels are lit all the time now, so there is no easy indicator that you are driving in the dark.  Use the automatic lights on feature people!

That is exactly why it happens.   My car does it too... but I use "auto" so it is never a problem.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1885 on: January 23, 2019, 03:37:47 pm »
That's ok as it's a tip off to be pulled over for dui..  Same morons driving grey vehicles in pouring rain with no lights on.  They don't have a fn clue.
"LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology (sold).  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1886 on: January 23, 2019, 04:15:37 pm »
Same morons driving grey vehicles in pouring rain with no lights on.  They don't have a fn clue.

That is actually one BAD side effect of automatic lights.  They work on brightness only, not rain.  So while it might be raining, if it is not dark enough for lights, they don't come on when it is raining and visibility might be poor.  When people start using the fancy "auto" mode, many of those people stop worrying about/thinking about the lights completely.  It is another good illustration of the "law of unintended consequences."

Offline MtnRider

« Reply #1887 on: January 23, 2019, 06:28:18 pm »
My Accord's auto lights are pretty good. They come on with a full overcast so I've not been playing too close attention to them, especially at dusk. It's a pretty trustworthy system.

About a month ago I took it to the dealer for regular service (paid for by Honda). Later that evening I'm driving to a friend's and get to an area with few street lights. It's almost dark & I realized my lights aren't on.  ??? :o The dealer turned them off during the service & I didn't notice. Lesson learned. Be careful out there.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1888 on: January 24, 2019, 03:44:52 am »
That is actually one BAD side effect of automatic lights.  They work on brightness only, not rain.  So while it might be raining, if it is not dark enough for lights, they don't come on when it is raining and visibility might be poor.  When people start using the fancy "auto" mode, many of those people stop worrying about/thinking about the lights completely.  It is another good illustration of the "law of unintended consequences."

More like drivers being too stupid to pay attention to what's going on around them. So stupid that they don't even notice that everyone else around them has their lights on.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #1889 on: January 24, 2019, 06:37:03 am »
More like drivers being too stupid to pay attention to what's going on around them. So stupid that they don't even notice that everyone else around them has their lights on.

Exactly. And they have come so dependent on the vehicle taking care of everything that they don't think about anything.
I used to be able to flash my lights at some idiot driving in the rain/etc w/o lights on and most would take some action and turn on the lights. Now mostly, no one pays any attention and just keep on driving in their clueless state of "bliss".
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.