Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 354915 times)

Son of Pappy

Re: What makes me crazy....
« Reply #195 on: May 14, 2013, 07:01:51 pm »
What makes me crazy--self appointed moderators---and seasoned members who dont even try to use the search feature.  Doesn't phase me a bit when a newb does something newbs do.
If a newb mistake is that painfull do a PM, keep it private and offer help, not pour salt in the wound.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #196 on: May 15, 2013, 04:27:52 am »
Actually, I've found the search feature to work very well in our second incarnation, at least it does for me.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #197 on: May 15, 2013, 11:32:10 am »
...is that in Ill-inois a dumass can go to prison for three years over an oz of reefer but an aggravated DUI gets probation and in some locales cops can go to work under the influence as long as they're not over the legal limit.
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #198 on: May 15, 2013, 12:49:42 pm »
What makes me crazy--self appointed moderators---and seasoned members who dont even try to use the search feature.  Doesn't phase me a bit when a newb does something newbs do.
If a newb mistake is that painfull do a PM, keep it private and offer help, not pour salt in the wound.

Amen to this...
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #199 on: May 15, 2013, 01:06:39 pm »
I don't know.  I like a bit of salt now and again.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #200 on: May 15, 2013, 01:24:54 pm »
Lazy people make me :censored: crazy.  :banghead:

One block away from the building that I work in is a McDonalds. During the breakfast and lunch rush the :censored: lazy people line up in the drive through instead of parking their cars and going inside. What always ends up happening is that the line gets so long that it spills out onto the 4-lane road and the right lane gets clogged with the lazy :censored:. Yet when you look inside the store there's no line at all!

What's really interesting is if you walk past the line of cars and look inside. 100% of the folks waiting are all :censored: overweight. Imagine that?

Stupid, fat, and lazy people make me crazy.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #201 on: May 15, 2013, 01:40:34 pm »
Oh my.  When I do eat at McDonalds (a rarity indeed) I take the drive thru because it's faster than being waited on inside.  Seems all fast food places and businesses with drive thrus put priority on those 'fat' customers rather than the skinny ones in line.  I'm just taking advantage of a fact of life.  I don't like it but what can I do to change the system.  It's the MAN that's at fault here, not us fat guys in cars waiting for our heart attacks in a bag.  ;) :)   By the way, I've never been impressed by McDonalds service either inside or out, I prefer Wendy's if at all possible with Burger King next.  Course I use the drive thru with them as well, Mr. Skinny Guy.  >:( ;) :)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #202 on: May 15, 2013, 01:56:17 pm »
It's been a LONG time since I've eaten at McDonalds but I walk past there to get to my credit union for some cash. If I'm in the mood for fast food I'll walk another block over to Burger King. Good service and never a line. There used to be a Wendy's (I also prefer Wendy's) in this area too but it burnt to the ground (rumors of insurance fraud) and was never rebuilt.

I don't care if these folks eat themselves to death but when the :censored: line is out in the road and I'm on the bike, I do care. I especially care when folks are trying to turn left from the opposite lanes and want to get in the LONG line.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #203 on: May 15, 2013, 02:18:03 pm »
Ah, so there's more to this...

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #204 on: May 21, 2013, 03:39:48 pm »
When you visit your favorite restaurant for the 801st time, you get sick from food poisoning, the bathroom all weekend, but you refuse to give up, because well, its your favorite, only to find they have been closed by the health department.
Now where do I go for lunch every Friday while at work?
I need to find a new job.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • "One Slip" Momentary Lapse of Reason --Pink Floyd
« Reply #205 on: May 21, 2013, 05:17:46 pm »
AWOS saying 0-5 winds, you look at the socks (several) from aloft and they're pointing in various directions, and horizontal to boot. Combine that with fine-tuning soft and short field in prep for a check ride.  >:(

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #206 on: May 21, 2013, 05:23:15 pm »
Maybe you could have lunch at the health department; after all, it sounds like your current situation is their fault. Maybe you could get a job AT the health dept. and enjoy less toxic food while at work?

Brian

When you visit your favorite restaurant for the 801st time, you get sick from food poisoning, the bathroom all weekend, but you refuse to give up, because well, its your favorite, only to find they have been closed by the health department.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #207 on: May 21, 2013, 06:47:50 pm »
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline ManWorkinghere

• 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
« Reply #208 on: May 22, 2013, 06:46:31 am »
AWOS saying 0-5 winds, you look at the socks (several) from aloft and they're pointing in various directions, and horizontal to boot. Combine that with fine-tuning soft and short field in prep for a check ride.  >:(

Rick

Just fly an 'eggbeater' then because winds direction does not matter?

after 2012 Rallybefore 2012 RallyCOG#9292:-)

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #209 on: May 22, 2013, 10:15:08 am »
When your in a hurry and take the elevator and then accidentally hit the wrong floor. So now you have to stop at that floor, WAIT for nobody to board and the doors take forever to close.

That makes me mental.  >:(