Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 353969 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #510 on: September 19, 2014, 04:35:16 pm »
Bit of a change here.  What drives me crazy?  The fact that I'm 64, spent 46 successful years working , and now cannot get a single person/company  to hire me for any level of work.   Seems I have nothing to offer anymore.  Not whining, actually kinda pi$$ed that The Pendulum swung from one side to the other in no time at all, but getting it to swing back is taking so much longer.   FWIW, I came from a small industry, and someone an my last company has been doing/saying some illegal things, to keep me from returning, to compete with them.  Impossible to prove, but true none the less.  OK, rant over... tomp

Oh yeah, I hate the dropped calls that happen to regularly on my cell phone...   tp

^^^sux!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #511 on: September 19, 2014, 04:57:01 pm »
Walmart!

Unrelated....Pabst Blue Ribbon sold to the Russkies!  :yikes:   How can that happen?  I thought there were sanctions going on?  Evidently not on 'beer'?

It get's worse... http://consumerist.com/2014/09/19/pabst-blue-ribbon-schlitz-brewer-purchased-by-russian-beverage-company/
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #512 on: September 20, 2014, 05:41:19 am »
This just in.....Saturday morning cartoons are essentially non-existent and I'm bloody pissed about it.  I decided it's been long enough (45years +) and I got my morning coffee, sat down, and turned on the TV looking for Saturday cartoons on the traditional network channels....not there  >:( .  All sorts of other crap but no cartoon.  No Warner Brothers, no Space Ghost, no Scooby, no nothing!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #513 on: September 20, 2014, 06:16:52 am »
Walmart!

Unrelated....Pabst Blue Ribbon sold to the Russkies!  :yikes:   How can that happen?  I thought there were sanctions going on?  Evidently not on 'beer'?

It get's worse... http://consumerist.com/2014/09/19/pabst-blue-ribbon-schlitz-brewer-purchased-by-russian-beverage-company/

Wait, PBR is beer?    :-[
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #514 on: September 20, 2014, 07:09:14 am »
Breakfast of Champions or it used to be.  Not everyone has access to the good stuff. 

Offline Conrad

« Reply #515 on: September 20, 2014, 07:17:26 am »
Breakfast of Champions or it used to be.  Not everyone has access to the good stuff.

So it would seem...     ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #516 on: September 21, 2014, 11:51:29 am »
This just in.....Saturday morning cartoons are essentially non-existent and I'm bloody pissed about it.  I decided it's been long enough (45years +) and I got my morning coffee, sat down, and turned on the TV looking for Saturday cartoons on the traditional network channels....not there  >:( .  All sorts of other crap but no cartoon.  No Warner Brothers, no Space Ghost, no Scooby, no nothing!

You mean Cartoon Network is gone?  ;D
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #517 on: September 21, 2014, 01:13:55 pm »
I'm aware of the cartoon network, I have grandchildren living with me.  It's not the same, unfortunately.  Many of the WB (Bugs Bunny) stuff has been censored or edited either for content or length. 

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #518 on: September 21, 2014, 03:23:24 pm »
youtube still carries the violent cartoons we grew up with, and they serve it up 4 hours at a time and have millions of hits.

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #519 on: September 22, 2014, 06:10:34 am »
Wow! Thanks!   :finger_fing11:

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #520 on: September 22, 2014, 06:37:15 am »
Bought a wifi iPad mini for the express purpose of running ForeFlight for aircraft navigation. Bought it 16 days ago and finally had a chance to go flying with it. Couldn't get a GPS fix. I thought it was some setting (I'm new to iOS) or perhaps defective item. Nope, the wifi version doesn't have GPS. Of course I'm now 2 days past the 14 day return policy. I go back to the Apple web site to see if they tell have this information. It was hard to find but finally found it on the page comparing models. Sure enough the cellular equipped model has GPS and GLASNOS but not the wifi model. Never even occurred to me that Apple would make a mobile device without GPS. Now I'm stuck with an appliance that has very little value to me. :banghead:

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #521 on: September 22, 2014, 06:49:35 am »
Bought a wifi iPad mini for the express purpose of running ForeFlight for aircraft navigation. Bought it 16 days ago and finally had a chance to go flying with it. Couldn't get a GPS fix. I thought it was some setting (I'm new to iOS) or perhaps defective item. Nope, the wifi version doesn't have GPS. Of course I'm now 2 days past the 14 day return policy. I go back to the Apple web site to see if they tell have this information. It was hard to find but finally found it on the page comparing models. Sure enough the cellular equipped model has GPS and GLASNOS but not the wifi model. Never even occurred to me that Apple would make a mobile device without GPS. Now I'm stuck with an appliance that has very little value to me. :banghead:

The additional cost of the "cellular model" includes the wireless telecom components via a chip on the board(gps/radio transceiver). It's not a total loss for you, for a few bux you can cover this GPS cost yourself.  Here is an example, although I'm sure there are cheaper ways I'm not an ipad geek to know....

http://bad-elf.com/products/be-gps-1000

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #522 on: September 22, 2014, 07:22:45 am »
The additional cost of the "cellular model" includes the wireless telecom components via a chip on the board(gps/radio transceiver). It's not a total loss for you, for a few bux you can cover this GPS cost yourself.  Here is an example, although I'm sure there are cheaper ways I'm not an ipad geek to know....

http://bad-elf.com/products/be-gps-1000

Yea I know about bad-elf and garmin GLO and that is what I'll probably do (once I confirm these products will work with iOS 8 ) because I have no choice. But now I have another thing to carry around and make sure it's charged. I sure wish Apple had made it more obvious when I bought it and I would have paid the extra bucks for the cellular version or would have bought a Samsung. I feel totally cheated by my own company.

Offline Mister Tee

« Reply #523 on: September 22, 2014, 11:31:06 am »

You can get an after market GPS (Bad Elf) for your Ipad.  I hear they are better than the internal GPS in the cellular enabled Ipads.  I use a cellular enabled Ipad 4 with Foreflight, but no data plan.

(Edit:  Nevermind, you know about them.)

Offline Mister Tee

« Reply #524 on: September 22, 2014, 11:34:18 am »
My latest pet peeve:  When the cars ahead of you at a traffic light, particularly turning traffic, WAIT for several car spaces to develop before moving when the light turns green.

So one or two cars goes through a cycle, and you're twenty cars back.