Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 354885 times)

voileauciel

Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #930 on: April 03, 2015, 12:23:52 pm »
Tough for us Prius guys as well, although there really isn't any fun factor in that vehicle.

I asked a gentleman once how he liked his, and he said "It's an excellent transportation appliance."

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #931 on: April 03, 2015, 01:19:13 pm »
Tough for us Prius guys as well, although there really isn't any fun factor in that vehicle.

I really don't own any four wheeled vehicles that have much "fun" factor either.
Most everything with tires that I have are transportation devices. Even the Polaris Sportsman ATV is mostly utility duty and carries a snowplow most of the time. Some vehicles are just better at it than others, depending on the task.
Although I have to admit, I would never get too excited about, or concerned with, figuring out how to do an engine swap in a Prius.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #932 on: April 03, 2015, 01:48:55 pm »
I asked a gentleman once how he liked his, and he said "It's an excellent transportation appliance."

You know, that's exactly what it is.
"LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #933 on: April 03, 2015, 08:28:29 pm »
4 wheels move the body,
2 wheels move the soul
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #934 on: April 04, 2015, 06:10:30 am »
4 wheels (and a battery)  move the body,
2 wheels move the soul

fixed it for Jim
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #935 on: April 04, 2015, 07:00:02 am »
And it's a very large battery indeed.
"LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #936 on: April 04, 2015, 07:44:50 am »
Fed Ex and UPS delivery drivers, I know they are really busy and can spend only so much time at each house, but every single time I get a delivery, I hear the knock, I look, by the time I run, get my shoes, run to the door, leap off the back porch, run around the house, I'm tearing down the driveway yelling at the guy to stop, sometimes I get him right before he closes the door of the truck, many times not and I'm standing at the side of the road waving frantically for him to stop. This happens even when I see the truck stop and before he gets to the door, I usually don't even get to tie my shoes, I usually run out the door with no shoes on to catch him. And, on every single order I have made, on the order form where they ask for any special instructions, I always type in, "please place package on back porch at rear of house". Simple huh? Nope. Its a matter of walking 15 extra feet.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #937 on: April 04, 2015, 07:50:04 am »
Your driver sucks. I couldn't ask for better customer than I get from my driver.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #938 on: April 04, 2015, 09:15:12 am »
I'm expecting a 26lb package today, I know that guy ain't gonna park, pick up the box, walk the 70 feet to my door, knock, wait, post a note, then walk back to the truck. What he's gonna do is run up to the house, knock lightly as he's running past the door to the truck, jump in and drive off like a bat outta hell.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #939 on: April 04, 2015, 03:42:08 pm »
5 litres S4-R
1 filter
Set of pads (HH) for the front
25 pack of bolts and nuts
And 3 drain plug gaskets

$296.45

Then they want $520.00 + and tax for a new set of PR4GT's plus install.
Then insurance and registration.

Stealerships. And they wonder why more people are buying on line.

Have to put the blinders on to ride in our short season. 

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #940 on: April 04, 2015, 04:00:22 pm »

Then they want $520.00 + and tax for a new set of PR4GT's plus install.

Ouch! How much would that be in US dollars?

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #941 on: April 04, 2015, 08:45:46 pm »

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #942 on: April 04, 2015, 10:10:40 pm »
Thats not bad. I paid $450 and I pulled the wheels myself

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #943 on: April 04, 2015, 10:27:38 pm »
Thats not bad. I paid $450 and I pulled the wheels myself

Good to know thanks Deziner. :chugbeer:
How many clicks you have on yours?

Sitting at 8500kms (5281mi) on mine. Going to measure the wear tomorrow, hoping to get at least another 4000km out of them with any luck.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #944 on: April 04, 2015, 10:30:29 pm »
Mine are brand new. Next weekend will be nearly 1000 miles if all goes well.