Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 354111 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #990 on: April 22, 2015, 04:16:07 am »
A little over a month ago, I suffered from an extreme bout of stomach flu.  Coincidentally, I also had a martini that night.  I still can't look at a Vodka bottle.  I am however easing back into drinking again with beer.  I just have no urge to drink anything stronger than beer these days.  This makes me crazy and annoyed.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #991 on: April 22, 2015, 04:40:39 am »
A little over a month ago, I suffered from an extreme bout of stomach flu.  Coincidentally, I also had a martini that night.  I still can't look at a Vodka bottle.  I am however easing back into drinking again with beer.  I just have no urge to drink anything stronger than beer these days.  This makes me crazy and annoyed.

That IS a strange coincidence indeed! 
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #992 on: April 22, 2015, 04:58:40 am »
Pisses me off, it does.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #993 on: April 22, 2015, 07:48:03 am »
I try to eat right as I don't want to pack on the pounds like I've done before. As far as I'm concerned,  creme filled donuts are the perfect breakfast food and chocolate cake is one of the 4 main food groups.

The grocery store near my house is set up so you have to walk thru the bakery department to get to the dairy products.  >:(   Thats like having to walk thru the Playboy mansion to get to my wife! The struggle is real!
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #994 on: April 22, 2015, 09:51:22 am »

That is annoying.
It takes a lot more volume of beer to get the same effect as a good distilled beverage.
Although beer must be natures perfect food because I have known many to survive on a diet of nothing else. 
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #995 on: April 22, 2015, 02:04:33 pm »
And tonight, I ran out of brandy :-(   All out of cheap Scotch too so I am making do with Dimple Pinch. Almost forgot how much I like the stuff, and the best part is it does not need to be cut with water and ice to hide the nasty undertones. Nice stuff....

Sorry, not trying to rub anyone's nose in 'it'.

Brian

No worries, I took a couple days of leave. I'm in Rome to run a Spartan race on Saturday so I have yet to receive any 'official' word.  ;D

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #996 on: April 22, 2015, 02:06:31 pm »

I drank a bit too much tequila one night almost 20 years ago, still can stand the sight of a bottle of the stuff, much less the taste.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #997 on: April 22, 2015, 02:18:13 pm »
I have that problem with Gin.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #998 on: April 23, 2015, 04:38:27 am »
I have that problem with Gin.

You keep running out?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #999 on: April 23, 2015, 05:00:19 am »
Can't stand the smell of it..  Drank a lot in HS and with my future father-in-law after work. 

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1000 on: April 27, 2015, 04:43:08 am »
Went to the shelf and picked off a Sony auto radio to install in my Rav.  I think I bought it in late 2012.  Anyway, it went fairly well, had to remove it once because of a faulty connection to the right front speaker.  Audio works well.  It has bluetooth so I was quite excited to pair it to my Galaxy S5......it didn't.. >:( .  Went through all kinds of gyrations and no luck.  It will pair to my wife's S4, though.  I'm thinking it's the OS on the phone as there have been quite a few issues with bluetooth and that OS (5.0).  My wife's phone is 4.4.4.  I can either regress it back to a lower level of OS or wait for 5.1 to come out sometime this year I'm hoping.  Some say 5.1 fixes some bluetooth issues.  If that doesn't work I may replace it with something more current and has HD capability.  I can play my music on the phone as there is a jack on the front I can connect to.

Update:  The bug in the sw was me.  I didn't look beyond the first screen, the radio was showing up on the second page.  :doh:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 05:38:56 am by VirginiaJim »

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #1001 on: May 06, 2015, 10:43:56 am »
What makes me crazy and annoyed..
People that drive their cars/trucks in a light drizzle (or less) with the w/s wipers on high speed.

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #1002 on: May 06, 2015, 12:25:26 pm »
People that drive their cars/trucks in a light drizzle (or less) with the w/s wipers on high speed.

And their headlights off.   :(

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #1003 on: May 06, 2015, 12:51:46 pm »
And their headlights off.   :(

Apparently they can only find one switch at a time while they are talking/texting on the phone.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #1004 on: May 09, 2015, 05:02:25 pm »
What makes me crazy and annoyed..

+1, and headlights off!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine