Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 354974 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #1230 on: February 05, 2016, 06:01:02 am »
The first time I really started noticing the camera shaking style was in the film "Man on Fire" with Denzel Washington and Dakota Fanning. Otherwise and excellent film IMO, but the constant shaking made me crazy and annoyed!

I absolutely f :censored: ing hate that f :censored: ing **** poor lousy camera technique and some shows (like Modern Family) I won't watch at all because of it.  D :censored: n kids are the ones driving that I think.  Someone needs their a** kicked for inventing that piece of sh :censored: y camera work.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1231 on: February 05, 2016, 06:02:06 am »
It sure does! I have some other names for them as well.    >:(

They should have their own reality show..." the Real Whores of Springfield ".
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1232 on: February 05, 2016, 07:12:08 am »
I absolutely f :censored: ing hate that f :censored: ing **** poor lousy camera technique and some shows (like Modern Family) I won't watch at all because of it.  D :censored: n kids are the ones driving that I think.  Someone needs their a** kicked for inventing that piece of sh :censored: y camera work.

Subtle hints there but I'm guessing that you're not a fan of the shaky camera style eh Jim?

I never noticed that while watching Modern Family (one of the funniest shows EVER) myself. I'll pay more attention the next time. 
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1233 on: February 05, 2016, 07:21:45 am »
Subtle hints there but I'm guessing that you're not a fan of the shaky camera style eh Jim?

Don't get me started...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1234 on: February 05, 2016, 07:42:41 am »

+1 I wanted to send Tony Scott (director of "Man on Fire") an email saying "Home Depot called, they want their paint shaker back".

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1235 on: February 05, 2016, 08:25:36 am »
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1236 on: March 23, 2016, 06:54:17 pm »
"At the end of the day..."

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1237 on: March 23, 2016, 08:39:10 pm »
Members that ask us questions and don't tell us the year of the bike they have...  Sometimes it does make a difference.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1238 on: March 23, 2016, 09:57:10 pm »
Members that ask us questions and don't tell us the year of the bike they have...

Or when you suggest they do or perhaps even put it in their signature or avatar line and they still don't :/

Sometimes it does make a difference.

It often does.  Oh well.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline SilverConnieRider

« Reply #1239 on: March 24, 2016, 03:26:29 pm »
Members that ask us questions and don't tell us the year of the bike they have...  Sometimes it does make a difference.

That and when someone joins - then asks a question and we give 20 answers and they never reply again.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1240 on: March 25, 2016, 06:26:50 am »
That and when someone joins - then asks a question and we give 20 answers and they never reply again.

+1 on that! How many times have we seen this happen? New guy has an issue and asks for help. Lots of guys come to his aid and asks for more detail about the problem and then we never hear from the guy again.

Oh well.    ::)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #1241 on: March 25, 2016, 11:13:28 pm »
HOW can you be a African American or a Chinese American or a Mexican American et al ... If your born in America????  :o :o
 ??? ???
 :banghead: :banghead:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1242 on: March 26, 2016, 05:58:53 am »
HOW can you be a African American or a Chinese American or a Mexican American et al ... If your born in America????  :o :o
 ??? ???
 :banghead: :banghead:

Don't even get me started on that.  THAT is one of the things that drives me super-hyper-crazy.  Stupidest political correctness stuff ever.  Africa is a continent, not a country.  And if I call myself "European American", that is somehow wrong???
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1243 on: March 26, 2016, 06:31:12 am »
Anyone who feels they need to hyphenate their ancestry or origin or religion need to drop the American part then go the  :censored: home.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1244 on: March 26, 2016, 06:58:11 am »
I'm English/American...but I was born in England... ;)   However I don't refer to myself as such.   I agree that if you were born here (US) legally, you are an 'American'.  If you were born in North or South America does that still make you an 'American'?  We are part of North America so could Canadians refer to themselves as 'American'?

From Wikipedia....further musings.

The meaning of the word American in the English language varies according to the historical, geographical, and political context in which it is used. American is derived from America, a term originally denoting all of the New World (also called the Americas). In some expressions, it retains this Pan-American sense, but its usage has evolved over time and, for various historical reasons, the word came to denote people or things specifically from the United States of America.
In modern English, Americans generally refers to residents of the United States; among native English speakers this usage is almost universal, with any other use of the term requiring specification.[1] However, this default use has been the source of complaint by some residents of Latin America who feel that using the term solely for the United States misappropriates it.[2][3] They argue instead that "American" should be broadened to include people from anywhere in North or South America, not just the United States; these critics admit their proposed usage is uncommon in English.
The word can be used as both a noun and an adjective. In adjectival use, it is generally understood to mean "of or relating to the United States"; for example, "Elvis Presley was an American singer" or "the American President gave a speech today". In noun form, it generally means U.S. citizen or national. The noun is rarely used in American English to refer to people not connected to the United States.[1] When used with a grammatical qualifier, the adjective American can mean "of or relating to the Americas", as in Latin American or Indigenous American. Less frequently, the adjective can take this meaning without a qualifier, as in "American Spanish dialects and pronunciation differ by country", or the name of the Organization of American States. A third use of the term pertains specifically to the indigenous peoples of the Americas, for instance, "In the 16th century, many Americans died from imported diseases during the European conquest".