Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 354141 times)

Offline Charlie747

Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #1275 on: May 08, 2016, 12:21:21 pm »
Not a problem that you guys and girls have your side of pond but................

People who don't know the "Highway Code" and sit in the middle lane when the nearside lane is empty on multi lane roads ..........

We are only legally allowed to pass on the right........although there is no law to stop you passing on the left and effectively undertaking the vehicle the law hate it and throw the book at you with dangerous driving etc etc.........licence loosing stuff

These selfish people cause miles of traffic back up on our roads and are a danger to others

Bah Humbug  :shoot: :censored: :censored: :cannon:

Online gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1276 on: May 08, 2016, 12:39:16 pm »
Charlie, our counterpart is the 'left-lane driver'. f---king a--holes.
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1277 on: May 08, 2016, 01:56:00 pm »
Saw a few of those today.  One was a driver talking on a cell phone.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1278 on: May 09, 2016, 07:14:10 am »
Not a problem that you guys and girls have your side of pond but................

People who don't know the "Highway Code" and sit in the middle lane when the nearside lane is empty on multi lane roads ..........

We are only legally allowed to pass on the right........although there is no law to stop you passing on the left and effectively undertaking the vehicle the law hate it and throw the book at you with dangerous driving etc etc.........licence loosing stuff

These selfish people cause miles of traffic back up on our roads and are a danger to others

Bah Humbug  :shoot: :censored: :censored: :cannon:

Come to Texas. Every a**hole who wants to go 10 under thinks the left lane is the place to be. If we didn't pass on the right, there wouldn't be any passing at all.  :battle: :cannon:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1279 on: May 09, 2016, 05:44:03 pm »
Come to Texas. Every a**hole who wants to go 10 under thinks the left lane is the place to be. If we didn't pass on the right, there wouldn't be any passing at all.  :battle: :cannon:

I think that is prevalent in many places.

It is interesting how many people believe that if they are going the speed limit, it is their "right" to be the in left [passing lane] and hold up traffic for miles.  They know they are "right" and are going to stay right next to someone in the other lane going the same speed and enforce their stance on everyone else..... and then some of the people they **** off start doing very dangerous stuff (use your imagination... lights, honking, tailgating, passing on the the shoulders or exit/ramp lanes, etc).

Other people I guess are just completely oblivious.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1280 on: May 10, 2016, 05:30:10 am »
I rode (car) with a guy once that did that, it's all I could do to keep from screaming  :yikes: .   Very very uncomfortable ride.  And you are correct, he was totally oblivious to drivers passing him on the right giving mean glares, fingers, honking a horn, flashing lights, etc...  I'm thinking that maybe in a past life, they lived where the steering wheel was on the right side.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1281 on: May 10, 2016, 07:06:46 am »
I think that is prevalent in many places.

It is interesting how many people believe that if they are going the speed limit, it is their "right" to be the in left [passing lane] and hold up traffic for miles.  They know they are "right" and are going to stay right next to someone in the other lane going the same speed and enforce their stance on everyone else..... and then some of the people they **** off start doing very dangerous stuff (use your imagination... lights, honking, tailgating, passing on the the shoulders or exit/ramp lanes, etc).

Other people I guess are just completely oblivious.

My brother some years ago was at a traffic school where someone in the class was proud of the fact that they like enforcing the speed limit by doing that. Ironic that this a**hole was in a traffic class for speeding. Luckily the cop teaching the class told him it was not his (the students) job to enforce the speed limit and that it was dangerous.

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #1282 on: May 10, 2016, 08:15:11 am »
I've been known to work my way in front of these a'holes, then slow down until they get pissed and finally move over into the right lane.  I then speed away with a smile.  My work here is done! I don't do it on the bike though.

Offline EZ

« Reply #1283 on: May 10, 2016, 08:30:59 am »
Back in the day of pagers (no cameras on any I knew of) A couple of taps to the rear bumper at speed convinced even the most stubborn that it was probably in their best interest to move aside. I know, Iknow "two wrongs don't make a right" but they sure did move right! I miss those days, but mainly cause I had hair back then.  >:(

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #1284 on: May 10, 2016, 03:21:11 pm »
Back in the day of pagers (no cameras on any I knew of) A couple of taps to the rear bumper at speed convinced even the most stubborn that it was probably in their best interest to move aside. I know, Iknow "two wrongs don't make a right" but they sure did move right! I miss those days, but mainly cause I had hair back then.  >:(

I miss my hair also  :chugbeer:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1285 on: May 10, 2016, 04:45:26 pm »
I've been known to work my way in front of these a'holes, then slow down until they get pissed and finally move over into the right lane.  I then speed away with a smile.  My work here is done! I don't do it on the bike though.

I have to admit I have done that myself, too, a few times.  Also not on the bike...

Two wrongs don't make a right.... but it can sure feel good to be the occasional deliverer of karma.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Online gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1286 on: May 10, 2016, 04:49:51 pm »
I have to admit I have done that myself, too, a few times.  Also not on the bike...

Two wrongs don't make a right.... but it can sure feel good to be the occasional deliverer of karma.

It's not two wrongs if you're rightly correcting a wrong.
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1287 on: May 10, 2016, 04:50:05 pm »

Don't remind me :(

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #1288 on: May 10, 2016, 07:36:12 pm »
2 wrongs don't make a right, but 3 lefts do.

Oh, and that was just a geometric statement, not a political one :P

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1289 on: May 11, 2016, 05:29:15 am »

+1

2 wrongs don't make a right, but 3 lefts do.

Oh, and that was just a geometric statement, not a political one :P

:)