Author Topic: Hungry Mother State Park?  (Read 1827 times)

Offline DeansZG

Hungry Mother State Park?
« on: April 06, 2013, 08:26:05 AM »

Has anyone stayed at the Hungry Mother State Park before?   Need comments pros/cons.

Looking to possibly use that as H.Q. for next yr's spring tour for the group of friends I ride with along w/ some new riding areas for us to explore.  Not wanting to camp or stay in a national chain motel either.... Need accomodations that will house 8-10 under one roof.  Preferably located by itself as our late nite campfire conversations/beverage consumption have annoyed residents at other locations previously ::)

'99 C10 "MissTriss" *sold*
'04 ZZR1200 "Sweet heart" *sold*
'81 GL1100 Interstate "Puttz"*sold*
'00 K12LT..."Battleship Galactica".....

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: Hungry Mother State Park?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 01:41:08 PM »
   Has anyone stayed at the Hungry Mother State Park before?   Need comments pros/cons.

Looking to possibly use that as H.Q. for next yr's spring tour for the group of friends I ride with along w/ some new riding areas for us to explore.  Not wanting to camp or stay in a national chain motel either.... Need accomodations that will house 8-10 under one roof.  Preferably located by itself as our late nite campfire conversations/beverage consumption have annoyed residents at other locations previously ::)

we have had numerous rides in the NE group based out of Richmond at that park, it's a target rich environment, and has hosted us welcomly before.
plenty of tent camping, evening fire and COG-Comraderie (i.e. beverge consumption) friendly. i don't believe we ever used the "hard buildings there" tho.
Also, very close to affordable motels (5 minit ride) for those wishing that... and restaurantage....and beverege purchase.

I'll shoot you an e-mail with the person to contact who has done most of our rides there... ;)

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline DeansZG

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 01:47:59 PM »

Thanks M.O.B.!   
 I did a search thru the archives & found a few of those rallies you're describing which helped out a bit....however, more info is a good thing  ;)
 While I don't mind camping, I do like having a secure, roomy, roof overhead in case the weather doesn't cooperate....
'99 C10 "MissTriss" *sold*
'04 ZZR1200 "Sweet heart" *sold*
'81 GL1100 Interstate "Puttz"*sold*
'00 K12LT..."Battleship Galactica".....

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 12:47:48 AM »
Sorry I have no info on lodging but on food!!! If you are in the area check out Shatley Springs for good eats. They serve family style and you can definitely pig out. Anyone in the area can give you detailed directions. ENJOY.
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie