Author Topic: Linked Brakes Fixed  (Read 54004 times)

Offline Gixerhp

• The Lighting Guy,,,
Re: Linked Brakes Fixed
« Reply #180 on: March 11, 2019, 01:59:54 am »
Yes, I installed the custom line splitting the left front brake line out of the ABS block and blocked the right front line out of ABS. I reinstalled the rear brake line as per normal setup. I've been testing it to make sure all is functioning normally and so far it seems right. I have ABS in the rear and I have ABS in the front. The problem that existed before which was when you were applying front brake and were to just touch the rear making it all of a sudden grab more front brake is gone. I can still feel that the rear brake pedal is effected by the front, but it isn't noticeably changing the braking characteristics other than the rear pedal feels a little stiffer when holding the front.

Overall I'm pretty sure I like the fix because I have ABS in both wheels now. With my other fix I liked the feel of the front lever and rear pedal better, but didn't have ABS in the rear. I just have to make up my mind as to which way I will stay with.

The parts were obtained from Galfer and are a t-fitting and two lines at 16cm and 20cm. I would shorten the 16cm to probably 15cm(that's the one on the left in photo) because it seemed a little long. Attached is my order sheet also.
So this totally removes the linked brakes at this point. I have read through this post. I wish the was a way just to swap out the ABS pump with a more simple one. Most sport bike's with ABS just have a front input and output as well the same on the rear !
This linked crap sucks....

No Replacement for Displacement
Bikes are my passion and my hobbie,,
If you need help, and are close,, PM me

Offline Freddy

« Reply #181 on: March 11, 2019, 05:58:50 am »
What are you waiting for?  Do the mod then.  What ABS pump do you suggest would do the job and be as cheap and effective as this hose & fittings mod?
The best substitute for brains is .............what?

Offline Gabriel

• Near Galveston
« Reply #182 on: March 11, 2019, 09:52:21 am »
I like the idea of removing the right front brake line and capping it at the junction under the tank and installing a hose that goes from the left front caliper to the right front caliper like was used on the 08/09 ABS models..

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #183 on: March 11, 2019, 01:01:37 pm »
Take my word on this.   Don't do any wrenching.
On this bike, Train your brain/reflexes to use front brake only.
The Linked brakes work great to apply some rear brake.
               Problem solved!

Ride safe, Ted

PS: By doing this, you can still stab the rear as a last effort in "an emergency"..
          ("Might" add a little more braking). 

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #184 on: March 14, 2019, 08:05:23 pm »
Take my word on this.   Don't do any wrenching.
On this bike, Train your brain/reflexes to use front brake only.
The Linked brakes work great to apply some rear brake.
               Problem solved!

Ride safe, Ted

PS: By doing this, you can still stab the rear as a last effort in "an emergency"..
          ("Might" add a little more braking).
mah

everyone is smarter than you, and I....

have at it...

disconnect everything, make it like my 1978 KZ 1000nLtd, and .....

just get on with it....come'on jut get it on......

mmmmm

30 YEARS OF KAW.....