Author Topic: BMW K1600GTL vs C14  (Read 6888 times)

Offline Assassin 11B3P

• Arena
  • The C14 is vastly overrated.
Re: BMW K1600GTL vs C14
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2011, 10:41:21 am »
i don't really want a gold wing either- that thing would need as much parking space as my wife's car! plus it's expensive and just plain ugly.

you can't compare sport bikes to sport tourers...hell i traded my zx-10r for the connie, i know what hp is all about...being able to lap dayona in the :40's isn't what sport tourers are about.

nothing wrong with a sport bike with luggage on it, but it's just not the same.
Please use this forum to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated.

Offline Jim M.

• 2008 C-14
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2011, 11:02:02 am »
So are they killing the K1300GT for the K1600GT or will they continue to offer both bikes? What would be the benefit of having both?

Yes, they are killing off the 1300GT.  I sat on the 16GT at the dealer the other day, but didn't have time for a test ride. I'm bringing in my K12GT for service in a couple weeks and I'll probably take the 16 out for a spin while I'm there. It looks like the power on the 16 isn't much more than the 12/13GT. The present GTs are around 150Hp and top out around 160mph without bags. The 12/13GTs are lighter as well. I seriously doubt I'll even consider the 16 as my 12 will get me in enough trouble already!

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2011, 12:20:19 pm »
I honestly won't mind checking out a K1200GT or a K1300GT. But it may just be pipe dream for me...ain't no way the wife is gonna agree with me for a monthly payment considering both my bikes are paid for. If only I could do a straight trade....
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

YoDoc

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2011, 02:19:16 pm »
yeah. that was my point. obviously the connie and beemer are from different manufacturers (unlike the camry/lexus), the fact is that the 14 is more or less viewed as poor man's gold wing/touring rig...not withstanding the actual size of the rider's bank account.

while the connie is a terrific ride in its own right, even a lot of its supporters lament the lack of certain items. even when added by the end user, it doesn't feel integrated...sort of like replacing the stock radio in a car and then you lose the functionality of those steering wheel buttons.

so yeah, the price is higher than the 14, but it looks like it's built more for touring that the 14 is, and now, according to what i've been reading, it might even be better at the sport portion than the connie.

Oh.

Offline Assassin 11B3P

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2011, 03:40:57 pm »
something i forgot to mention is how they designed the plastic cannisters for the clutch/brake fluids...when you look at them, they aren't the same cheap white plastic, but instead give off a nice warm dark green glow.

and the face of the bike is wicked...sorta like some space alien/insect! :)

Please use this forum to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated.

Offline Tom J.

• "Disciples of Displacement" charter member
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 04:54:29 pm »
The headlights DO look wicked.  They've adopted the same 'angel eyes' that the bmw cars have.  Additionally, they've got a pretty cool safety feature, being gyroscopically operated.  On acceleration, they'll rotate forward, keeping the light on the road.  Braking, they'll point up, keeping the light 'down the road' a bit.  Turns? Wow, this is where they are really functional. They counter the banking of the bike.  Heck, read up on it yourself- cool idea, but I hate to take the bike in to have all this stuff fixed if it breaks.  BIG $$$. 
I still secretly want one   :yikes:    -was that outloud????
'08 Kawasaki Concours
'98 Yamaha VMax
'84 Honda V65 Magna
'82 Honda CX500 Custom

Offline Assassin 11B3P

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2011, 10:49:45 pm »
i want one too, but hard to find $26,000 laying around. most of our paycheck is going to high federal taxes and insurance premiums supporting all of the illegals here.

Offline Tom J.

• "Disciples of Displacement" charter member
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2011, 08:19:31 am »
Uh Oh- this thread just went "Political"...
'08 Kawasaki Concours
'98 Yamaha VMax
'84 Honda V65 Magna
'82 Honda CX500 Custom

Offline Assassin 11B3P

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2011, 08:51:42 am »
nah.