Author Topic: My first cross country ride. Now with a video slideshow (finished up last page)  (Read 11322 times)

Offline jamiemac

Re: My first cross country ride, and how it turned out.
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 12:01:33 pm »
Yeah. Vegas was pretty warm, but not bad. It was about 90, and no humidity. Summer gear pretty much dealt with that. My Speed & Strength mesh Hi-Vis jacket was nice in the hot stuff. Also wore the walmart brand underarmor type compression pants under My armored riding pants, and a liberal use of Anti Monkeybutt Powder.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline Bryn

• Leicestershire.... in the heart of England
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2013, 12:57:48 pm »
Yeah but we can ride from the Atlantic to the Pacific in about 3000 miles, spend the same coin, speak the same language, and not have to show anybody our 'papers'. Oh, and we drive on the right side of the road.  ;)

True.. How about an exchange.  ;D

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2013, 01:34:55 pm »
So, where was I? Oh, on My way to LA on I-15. I didi mau from Vegas. Not overly impressed with the place, although I did enjoy the huge chicken sandwich at Hooterville. Run into a couple of dust storms around Barstow. One was pretty bad, and I didn't think about covering My face with a towel until I had already blasted through it. I could still see, but My breathing didn't like it. I arrive in LA otherwise uneventfully at around 9:00 pm. I was shooting for late in the day to avoid the notorious traffic, but I still encountered some. Not so bad, though. My buddy, Chandler's place was in My GPS and it took Me straight there. He's a younger fella than Me, and actually lives in an after hours nightclub, so is very much a night owl. No way in hell I could handle that, so I stayed at a fairly nice hotel across the street.

The folks at the front desk were fascinated by the Connie for some reason, and insisted I park it by the window at the front desk, so they could keep an eye on it for Me. Nice folks.

IMG_20130526_101934_330
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 10:04:28 pm by jamiemac »
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2013, 02:05:28 pm »
Well, I'm in LA to hang out with friends I've never actually met. I'm pretty stoked about it at this point. My buddy Chandler is a super good dude, who is trying to make it in Hollywood as a producer. He was actually a child actor at one point, and His Dad is comedian Jeff Bolt. Very funny dude.

My other friend, Irina, is an amazing Lady, and pretty much the reason I'm in LA. I love My bud, Chandler, but Irina is....special. I started talking to Irina several years ago. I already knew of Her, because She's pretty well known to readers of Playboy magazine. After getting to know Her better, I find out She's a pretty successful actress, a very sought after fashion model, a business woman, speaks 4 languages, and is very sweet. If You google the name,"Irina Voronina" You will learn a LOT about Her. LOL. Just be prepared, cause the pictures that come back are def not work safe.

One of My goals was to ride the Pacific Coast Highway, which I did, but took zero pictures, because I was enjoying the ride too much to worry about it. I did Shoot some video, and haven't really got to messing with that as of yet.

I met with beautiful, Irina the following night, at My buddy Chandler's place, and We went to a local burrito stand at around midnight. It was awesome. We had a good time.

[

Then on a Saturday, Irina and I went to the LA Museum of Art to see the Stanley Kubrick exhibit. It was fun hanging with Irina even though I'm not the biggest Kubrick fan. As an Actress, She had a good time seeing the behind the scenes, the scripts, schedules, and other Hollywood stuff, that I really know nothing about. She explained a lot of stuff to Me, though, and I learned a little. She always had a big smile on Her face. She even got a little crazy in the exhibit.

Here is Irina trying to pose with the "naked chick coffee table' from A Clockwork Orange. My phone camera couldn't catch it in time though. She's kinda spontaneous.

Irina and Me standing by the light pole exhibit outside the LA Museum of Art.

Just for good measure. Here is a shot of lovely, Irina from a recent pinup shoot. She's a spectacular looking Lady.

And another cellphone pic she shot at work on the Belldini catalog shoot, a couple of days ago.

I had a great time in LA. Especially meeting Irina, and My buddy, Chandler, and a talented Lady named, Sonya Bender, who is an awesome singer with a fantastic voice. Riding the PCH was fun, and the LA traffic wasn't that bad on the bike. People there do seem to drive, and not dilly dally around.

I'll miss Irina. She's a great Lady, and it seemed like We had known each other all our lives, but it was time to move on....Next stop, The Grand Canyon!! Hooahh!

« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 10:18:50 pm by jamiemac »

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2013, 03:22:06 pm »
I left LA a little sad, but I was super excited at the same time, to see The Grand Canyon. I've been all over the place, but never to the GC. I got there a little after 6:00 PM, which was too late to start setting up a campsite, so I got a nice little motel room in Williams, AZ. That is about 40 or so miles from the canyon. I left the motel at 10:00 am the next morning (took a while to get motivated), and arrived at the GC Visitors center around noon. It was already too late to secure a campsite at the improved campgrounds, so I rode out to Desert View Campground, and set up camp at the first come first serve campsites.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 10:25:04 pm by jamiemac »

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2013, 03:32:08 pm »
I got camp set up, and I was pretty pooped out, but I decided to fill My Camelbak water container and take My SLR out to shoot some pictures. It was worth the ride.

You can see The Colorado River down there.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 10:30:07 pm by jamiemac »

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2013, 03:35:25 pm »
More canyon pix

« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 10:33:44 pm by jamiemac »

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2013, 03:38:06 pm »
Here is the most epic shot I took during My entire trip. I caught a giant dust tornado on the other side of the canyon. It was a big one, and I'm glad it was on the other side. I was running a 55mm lens on My camera, so You will have to click the pic to enlarge it, then You will see it. It still gives Me chills to see it.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 10:36:14 pm by jamiemac »

Offline TallyRex

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2013, 04:44:08 pm »
Gotta give you a lot of credit for fulfilling your dream and not pussying out to your health issues.

Also, am enjoying your trip.  Keep it coming :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2013, 05:12:03 pm »
Gotta give you a lot of credit for fulfilling your dream and not pussying out to your health issues.

Also, am enjoying your trip.  Keep it coming :thumbs: :thumbs:
Thanks! I had a hell of a time! I figured if My health was going to kill Me, it would be while I was having fun!

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2013, 05:21:39 pm »
Well, I only camped out one night at the canyon. My spidy sense was telling Me weather was changing, so on day 2, I took a few more pictures, and broke down My camp, then headed to a cheap motel about 20 miles from the canyon. $49 a night. That's almost as cheap as camping. The place I stayed that night had a hell of a steak dinner too, but that wasn't cheap. LOL

Next morning, I was all set to move on. I got a late start, and by the time I had the Connie loaded, and ate breakfast, it was pushing 11:00 AM. I got a move on toward the Meteor Crater near Winslow, AZ. I'd been there before, but never with any decent camera gear. This time I had My trusty Canon SLR, although it's a very old 20D, it's rugged as hell, and takes punishment like I'm sure the newer generation SLRs could not. My Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD also takes some decent shots, as some I've posted on here were shot by that, and You'd have a tough time telling the difference.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2013, 05:38:18 pm »
Irina is epic.  :hail:
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2013, 05:45:31 pm »
Irina is epic.  :hail:
Awesome Lady. I'm crazy about Her. I almost wish I lived in LA, but I'd probably murder a hippie within days of moving there, and wind up in prison. LOL

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2013, 06:02:13 pm »
They still make hippies?
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2013, 06:03:14 pm »
They still make hippies?
Yep. The factory is actually in Berkley.