Author Topic: My first cross country ride. Now with a video slideshow (finished up last page)  (Read 11353 times)

Offline jamiemac

A good friend of mine created a video slideshow of My pictures. It's way better than anything I could have done.

https://vimeo.com/68262251
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
St Pauli Girl 2008. I knew she looked familiar.  :)
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline jamiemac

St Pauli Girl 2008. I knew she looked familiar.  :)
Yup! She sent Me a poster a while back! She is amazing!

I can't find another pic of this poster on My computer.  :(

« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 12:18:08 pm by jamiemac »
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline jamiemac

Arrived at Meteor Crater. The elevator to the museum was under construction, and I had to rest a few times walking up the hill to the ticket counter, but I got some great shots. I hope to stitch the pictures from the Canon SLR together for a panoramic type prints in the future. This shot was stitched together by My phone and is low resolution, but still pretty cool.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 12:19:56 pm by jamiemac »

Offline jamiemac

From Meteor Crater, I rode to Holbrook, AZ. Home of the Wigwam Motel. Still just like it was in the 50s, and each wigwam has a classic car parked in front as part of the decor. Very cool place, and I stayed there for $55 bucks!

If You click on this pic to bring it up in flickr, it rights itself.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 12:18:28 am by jamiemac »

Offline Bryn

• Leicestershire.... in the heart of England
Those wigwams look fantastic... you'd never get a bargain like that over here  8)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
That's the original 'Notel Motel'

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
I like the slideshow, that is a great way to put photos together.  :thumbs:

I do I get me one of those framed St. Pauli Girl posters?  :)

Offline jamiemac

I like the slideshow, that is a great way to put photos together.  :thumbs:

I do I get me one of those framed St. Pauli Girl posters?  :)
I'm not sure Irina has any more of the posters. She was cleaning out Her closet when She told Me to keep an eye on My mailbox. I bought the frame. LOL

You can, however, follow Irina on twitter at @IrinaVoronona. Send Her a tweet that You are a new follower, and You saw Jamie's St. Pauli Girl poster, and wonder if there are anymore. She May have some. She'd prob ask You to buy one. Hope that doesn't offend. She, contrary to what people think, is not rolling in dough. LOL. She's very nice, and even though She has a lot of fans, She usually responds to new followers, as long as they are polite. A lot of the time they are not.

Offline jamiemac

While I was in Holbrook, it was only a short hop to Petrified Forest, so I too a ride over there that evening, hoping to catch some magic hour light in some pictures. The Painted Desert was there also, but it was overcast, and the light sucked. I took a few pictures though. Used flash enhancement, and they turned out fair.

Haahaa! Wood!

It also appears that actor Robert Duvall is now a Ranger at Petrified Forest.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 12:30:56 pm by jamiemac »

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
It also appears that actor Robert Duvall is now a Ranger at Petrified Forest.

Thought he retired to Lake Havasu.

Offline jamiemac

This just in. Short video of lovely Irina at the Belldini Fashions, catalog shoot today.

https://vine.co/v/blFKe6AxPiB

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
We need to adopt her as the official forum mascot.

Offline jamiemac

Haha! She'd get a kick outta seeing that quote.

Offline jamiemac

When I got up the next morning, My destination was Albuquerque, NM, where I had another internet Pal that wanted to have chow somewhere, So when I arrived, My bud AJ was waiting on His frt porch. We jumped in his car and went to a killer BBQ place in ABQ. I have no recollection of the name. The food was good and I really enjoyed talking to another internet pal I had never met. As it started getting around 8:00 PM or so, I set out on the search for a good place to stay, but the temperature was so nice, I decided to do some night riding.

Next think You know, I had covered another 100 miles, and decided to stay in Santa Rosa, NM....and I'm glad I did!

I found a Mom & Pop motor court style motel, for 37 bucks a night, and the room was nice! Anyways, the reason Santa Rosa was a great place to stay, was because of the Route 66 Auto Museum. It was really cool!

Here are some shots of it, and what was inside!

Their cool sign on a pole out frt.

The front of Their clean but nondescript building.

A perfect 392 Hemi on an engine stand.

A really nice example of a late flathead Ford, with Offy heads and intake.

A showroom new, Bultaco dirt bike with enclosed chain drive. Very cool!

« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 12:38:35 pm by jamiemac »