Author Topic: F1  (Read 4819 times)

Offline Boonedawg

• Arena
    • Jet Associates East
F1
« on: June 04, 2011, 08:03:37 PM »
Riding along yesterday, had a red light flash on the panel and F1 on the screen.  What is this?  I know I've seen something here before.
Thanks

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: F1
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 08:07:34 PM »
If it's a 10 or 11 then it happens and we don't know the cause.  It doesn't happen on the 08/09 bikes.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 08:25:26 PM »
Actually, it's FI - Fuel Injection.  As Jim stated, the exact cause is unknown as re-ocurrance in seldom and no obvious pattern exists.  The guess is that it is somehow related to K-Trac or Eco mode.  IIRC, it has only happened on '10-11 abs bikes.  If it occurs w/ the non-abs models, it probably has something to do with the Eco mode programming.

So far, it appears to pose no risk.
Eyes, Brain, Hands.  Repeat.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 08:48:25 PM »
Riding along yesterday, had a red light flash on the panel and F1 on the screen.  What is this?  I know I've seen something here before.

FI not F1:

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=336
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tthompsr

• 2009 Black Concours
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 06:12:39 PM »
Guy's I seen it come up on my 09 non abs, only once at around 1500 miles never saw it again.

Offline Armyguns

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 08:16:10 PM »
I got it again on mine today.  Twice.  Full FI followed by the warning light.  I was traveling about 80+ at the time.  Warning light just flashed on-off quickly, display cycled between FI and FI Error both times.  Bike ran fine.  I also got the blinker problem happen again- three times.  I explained it in a previous post, but in case someone didn't catch it- the dash panel blinkers come on exactly like the four way flasher button is pushed.  The first time it happed today, I had just pulled out of a gas station and was accelerating.  The lights flashed just once.  The next two times I was high speeding it (80+) down the NY State Thruway.  There was probably a 50 mile lapse between these events.  They flashed three times.  Again, no stumble or any other symptoms.  Lights start blinking and stop on their own. Weather conditions were perfect. No rain like last time.  I put another 200 miles on after that and it didn't happen again.  First thing I did when I got home was pull the battery to make sure all connections were tight.  They were.   
2010 C14 ABS

Offline Dustproof

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 03:47:18 AM »
It sounds to me that it is an oxygen sensor which is giving problems, this could be the reason why the earlier bikes don't have the issue.  If in econo mode, it is possible to run a bit lean. The sensors could be burning or sensing a fault, in any case there should be an error code in the ECU which can be used to diagnose.

As for the Indicator problem, I would check inside the switch block to see if there is any dirt or corrosion.  It could be that there is an intermittent short which triggers the flasher unit.

Noel

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 04:01:46 AM »
or lack thereof?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Biv30

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 09:14:12 AM »
I had this happen a few weeks back to me on a road trip. I do know that it was in the middle of a tank of 87 octane gas and figured it was related to that.

Offline jonathan

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 10:12:36 AM »
It sounds to me that it is an oxygen sensor which is giving problems, this could be the reason why the earlier bikes don't have the issue.  If in econo mode, it is possible to run a bit lean. The sensors could be burning or sensing a fault, in any case there should be an error code in the ECU which can be used to diagnose.

As for the Indicator problem, I would check inside the switch block to see if there is any dirt or corrosion.  It could be that there is an intermittent short which triggers the flasher unit.

Noel

The 10s and 11s have an oxygen sensor? I didn't think any of the North American models got those.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2011, 10:19:50 AM »
I don't think we have them.